Epicness of the Goa Masters

Scandinasia

This is another thread amonsgt many other that deals with how great are some Suntrip artists. I think that most of us here have already had a lot of talkings about them. But even if I tell you what are my views on those 3 Trance projects, I'm not willing to be redundant.

Actually, I'm trying to delivering up something new. I've already started heavy imaginary topics (one dealing with mental landscapes induced by psychedelic music, and another one where I imagined non-existing Goa albums). Here, I will unfold the narrative, story-telling aspects of Suntrip stars in a very subjective way. Indeed, I consider that Filteria, E-Mantra, and Crossing Mind are almost like movie directors. I wil hencel describe their movies.

My purpose is also to introduce those projects to people from the outside in an insightful and very fun way (or so I hope). Then, just forget what you know when you read this, and just dive into imaginary. I shall also precise that I will create some facts that might not be true, but I'm not even trying to be realistic.

Filteria

The Master of Energy

00th_filteria.jpg

Sensitive reality as you know it is a mere echoe of the real universe. Ancient Greek philosophers and actual Buddhist scholars, as well as most of the masters of wisdom that have guided mankind to a higher level of knowledge, agree to say that reality as we know it consists of veils that cover the core of the very existence. Those illusions of reality, those « veils » are issued from both the physical world (matter and energy) and the mechanisms of the mind.

What you should know is that those veils prevent humans to access to a greater, genuine existence (the Nirvana, also know as the Kingdom of Heaven) by filering the energy descending from the One Light upon we, mere humans.

Filteria comes from the Latin word filtra, plural form of filtrum, which was a rough cloth used to filter some fluids many centuries ago. But Filteria currently designates the musical project of the Sweden-based producer Jannis Tzikas, a sound engineer who has undertaken to explore the world of energy through sonic experiences.

Jannis has indeed based his works on the idea that the world surrounding us is filled with terrifying amounts of energy hidden from our consciousness by the many filtra of human reality, that act like insuperable barriers. Those gigantic flows of energy run through our world, raining hard over physical objects, but leaving undisturbed the atomic particles that constitute our being. The existence of this energy would explain the missing mass of the Universe.

The questions that Jannis asks us are : What if we could unlock the filtra to discover the real nature of energy ? Can we capture and use those secret flows of energy that runs invisible through our bodies ? What is to be discovered in this world of energy ?

SUNCD01_medium.jpg

In 2004, after years of experiments, Jannis Tzikas releases his threeling thesis. Entitled Sky Input, it is a 75 minutes long record that uncovered wonders that we couldn't have imagined in our wildest dreams. This obra learns us that mysterious vibrations from outer space hit every second the Earth at a supraluminic speed, and that one single blow of these vibrations could wipe out our world in less than a nanosecond if they were to be aligned on the atomic frequency.

The first chapter of this thesis, Operation Pulse, describes a way to measure the sky input thanks to an advanced technic : by shaking the atoms at a high frequency, we can indeed alter their structure slightly enough to reveal an energetic anomaly that leads us to believe an amazing truth. Subatomic particles as we know them are being deprived of more than 99.999999% of their energy by what we assume to be a stellar influx that filters their real power.

Later in his thesis, Jannis Tzikas tells us how he invented a machine, the Domestic Modulator, which allowed him to materialize and domesticate, under precise circumstances, this higher power. I shall eventually mention a last chapter of this obra, Galactic Rays, that studies the otherworldly flows that cross our world, and their unbelievable potential.

Filteria's music is an attempt to unleash reality by breaking down the filtra. It drives you to a dimension saturated with cosmic energy that forces awe. The unreal sound of Filteria will shake your universe as he will shows you how the Cosmos is perpetually being destroyed and re-created every moment in every single fiber of matter. Disasters of the size of galaxies lurks in every grain of sand, allowing us to dream of new genesis to come.

But Filteria is not only an exciting scientist. He is also a great Science-Fiction author. For instance, one of his best obra, Birds Lingva Franca, tells us a wondeful story :

In another world far away from our Earth, an intelligent civilization has emerged. Just as they started the exploration of space, a terrible event is about to happen. Their Sun is on the edge to mute into a bursting supernova. Birds Linga Franca is the story of these people trying to prevent their Sun to explode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aMAQ0IMBOo

Dive into the Filterian Dimension. Surf over gigantic waves of cosmic disasters. Break free from physics, and travel at the speed of light into the heart of the warmest stars.

E-Mantra

The Celestial Master

e-mantra.jpg

E-Mantra, the Trance project from Constanta (Romania) of Emmanuel Carpus, is certainly the most significative event in the contemporary Goa scene. This man has, indeed, shaped a new musical vibration that was the greater innovation in the Goa landscapes.

E-Mantra is in fact the expression of man that has turned his glance toward the starry sky of the night.

At the dawn of humanity, in a time when men had yet to master the fire, they used to gather in silence during the quiet nights to watch at the stars and comtemplate their faint light. Together, the men from the tribe listened to the voices of the astral sky, receiving the stories of the first gods and sharing them with their children respectfully.

When humans grew more conscious of the fact that they were linked to the stars, that it was the after-world where migrate the souls of the dead, they started to dance in circles under the constellations, tasting the first trance experiences. They danced round and round and round, singing the names of the luminaries. The repetition of these sacred names were to be called, in a later time, the mantra.

The rise of the early civilizations, and the growth of religions, lead mankind to perfect and vary their mantra practices. Each clan master their own mantra, the one of their mother star, in order to get strenghth, advice and guidance bestowed upon them from the world of the gods. But soon enough, these spells were used to achieve despicable motives. The hierophants, masters of the mantra, used their powers to make war to rival nations. This misuse of the mantra lead to terrible, bloody events, such as the destruction, in one day, of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha by the priests of Ninive.

Monopolized by the pharaohs, this power eventually grew forbidden for the commoners. The mystery cults developped, gathering apprentices in secret. The most reknown of these cult was Orphism, whose disciples were the tenants of a powerful mantra that was used to preserve mankind from disasters, and guide it toward wisdom. The name of this mantra was E – the Greek letter epsilon. The great letter Epsilon was even inscribed on the Temple of Delphi, the most holy sacred place in Olympian religion, and the meaning of this inscription was even a subject of writing for the Greek philosopher Plutarch.

E%20at%20Delphi.jpg

Threatened by their fiends, Orphic disciples had to move away from Greece. They established themselves in the colony of Tomis, that would eventually become the city of Constanta. This mysterious group never disappeared, passing down their astral knowledge from generation to generation.

Finally, at a time when the electric streetlights conceal the stars in the sky, Emmanuel Carpus, heir of an ancient tradition, has come to reveal to the world the secrets of the E-Mantra using modern styles of music : Goa Trance and Psychedelic Ambient, that recall the rituals from the past and revive the shamanistic connections that mankind used to have with nature.

a3771124079_10.jpg

His first Goa album, Arcana, released in 2009, depicts the forgotten history of the astral lore. Shamanistic Rituals deals with the beginning of astral trance in prehistotic times. War of the Hierophants and Nine Under the Stars relate the use of this lore by the early Mesopotamian nations. Approaching Nibiru, that narrates the summoning of a demon by priests willing to destroy Babylon, is a warning adressed to mankind : never use the mantra to commit evil.

The second Goa album of Emmanuel Carpus, Pathfinder, transmits through Trance music the ancient lore establishing a connection between the world of men and the world of stars. It is a dialogue with the stars, filled with ritual magic.

The obra of E-Mantra is best described by the title of his later album, Echoes From The Void. Indeed, Emmanuel Carpus offers us a sound which is a resonance of distant echoes from mysterious worlds that can't be reached through time and space. It is filled with ghostly vibes from ancient times (such as underlined by the album Visions from the Past). It can also perpetuate echoes from beyond the stars. In fact, this sound dives into the deepest mysteries that existed when the stars were about to born.

E-Mantra's music is an enigmatic celestial odyssey that will make you leave the Earth. It will make you feel the coldness of starlight, the vastness of the cosmos, and it will lead you astray between the lumanaries : boreas, nebula clouds, asteroids... It will make you feel the weight of the spacial void that stretches between the planets, and take you to a silent journey beyond the realm of imagination.

E-Mantra is the master of Celestial Goa Trance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp6tXndNaM4

Crossing Mind

The Master of Unconsciousness

A-1753167-1304456029.jpeg

Among all the realms that science have ever managed to explore, the mind is certainly the most hazardous one. It is only in the 18th century – the Age of Enlightment – that scholars have began to enter to this new area of knowledge. Their purpose was to determine « the very origin of all our ideas ». One century later rose a new science, psychoanalysis, that would revolutionize our perception of the human world.

Psychoanalysis has proved to the world a terrible truth : human beings are not masters of their own mind. They are submitted to an unknown, undefinable force, that seems to take away their free will : Unconsciousness, the craddle of Fantasy. Even the most enlighted men are appealled to this obscure joker that plays with our mind like a mad god, enforcing twisted fate mechanims upon every single individual.

In the same way that the developpement of archeology has lead many adventurers to explore the newly discovered continents and civilizations, the rise of psychological and neuro-sciences gave birth to several generations of adventurers of the mind. They like to be called the Psychonauts.

Their goal is to calculate the potential power of Unconsciousness, and some of them even will to attain an unreachable objective : they want to master their own mind.

The Psychonauts dealt with many experiences. They achieve many progress in realms such as hypnosis (that allow one individual to take the control of the mind of someone else, by inscribing an order into the unconsciousness), lucid dreaming (that allows the mind to gain control over unconsciousness in order to master one own's dreaming process), an even telepathy (thanks to the rallying of the unused forces of the mind, stocked into unconsciousness).

These past few years, the release of the movie Inception has awaken a global interest to the art of mindbuilding, which consists in falsifying the unconscious data sent to the mind accordingly to one's desires, so that the conscious reality of an individual is transformed to a purposed extent. Mindbuilding has eventually gave birth to a new kind of Psychonauts, the Architects.

brainrays.jpg

The Artchitects are not really scientists. They are closer to poets. They are artists that have achieved to master their own mindbuilding. Those rare persons are able to transform their own consciousness, shaping it into every possible (and impossible) form.

They can create hallucinations such as characters provided with intelligence with whom the architect is able to talk. They can levitate into their own mind, ordering their own mind to suppress the feeling of gravity. They can build kingdoms that they rule each time they dream at night. They live into two worlds : our world, and their own.

Crossing Mind is one of these architects. Behind Crossing Mind is Stéphane Bèze, a French craftsman who works with computers. The project began when Stéphane, amateur Psychonaut, had the idea to program his own mind as if it were an operating system running softwares. After successfull attempts, he realized that he had exceptionnal mindbuilding skills. His abilities allowed him to go further than most of the best architects.

He then managed to go through his inner universe until he reaches a place than no one have ever been before : the point of origin of all our ideas. The name of this quest through his own inner universe was easy to find ; it would be the Crossing Mind Project.

To help him in this quest, Stéphane tried many different tools to maintain his focus, to provide him with energy, etc. He has long been unsatisfied, until one day, per chance, he met the perfect vehicle : Goa Trance music, which is certainly what, on Earth, approaches the most a musical psychotrope.

He started producing Goa music under the name Crossing Mind in order to having a satisfying and reliable material as an architect. His many musical experiments helps him to go further into his quest.

But his tracks are also useful as a notebook when Stéphane describes his many journeys. He has also decided to share his experiences by releasing, on official labels, his Trance songs. This music is therefore an excellent tool for anyone who would like to try mindbuilding and mindtravel, as it is extremely psychedelic, trancey and hypnotising.

Crossing Mind's music is a dive into dedal of neurones. It reveals the inner structure of an unconscious mind with an incredible acuracy. It is also a dense and mysterious music that uses a lot of twists and subliminal sounds in order to shape your mind into what you like.

Crossing Mind likes to produce rich tapestries of precious sounds with a lot of narrative effects.

1334933553_cover.jpg

His last album, The Inner Shift, with its eloquent title, deals with the adventures of a solitary mind trying to create his own Fantasy world. He will go through obstacles, doubts, wonders, and eventually experiment multiple psychedelic flavours that will all take part in this newborn world.

It is to be mentionned that Stéphane's style is at the same time really sensitive and emotionnal.

Crossing Mind explores the roots of psychedelism by studying the way it is formed into unconsciousness. He stands between neuro-science and parapsychology, making great efforts to refine his music in order to bring joy to our inner universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz8D1jMem8A

• Like 5

I wholeheartedly agree regarding filteria and crossing mind (though idk if i'd call crossing mind a master quite yet). Filteria's energy and sound design makes up for some of his over repetition and at times, unimaginative melodies. Crossing mind's glorious melodies and style make up for his overbearing kicks. IMHO e-mantra doesn't belong on the list, though he is close. I've been more impressed with Nebula Meltdown's single album than e-mantra's discography. Nebula Meltdown's sound design and composition is on a different plain, placing him much closer to being considered a master than even crossing mind. Nebula meltdown is unique in a way many others dream of. Not to dog on e-mantra too hard, some of his tracks such as voyager li, praying forest, and approaching nibiru have a special place in my heart

Other notable acts include D5 and artifact303. D5's seemingly simplistic sound and melodies have grown on me greatly. What doesn't seem like much at first turns out to be well thought out and meticulous. Artifact303 is also up there with his rich sound and galactic melodies.

Again, awesome post!

Enjoyable read indeed.

Regarding what you wrote, Panoptes, I disagree that Crossing Mind's kicks are overbearing. I find them quite fine. But then again, my taste in Goa is quite broad so I tend to enjoy all of it. I never understood claim about D5 being simplistic. Only because something is simple doesn't mean it is bad and like you said, that simplicity grows on you. Artifact303 is awesome at what he has done in the past but I do have one minor complaint about some of his tracks. I feel that he tries to add some melodies together but they don't always work together to create a nice flow. Sure in terms of energy it is all great but how the song in the beginning may be playing on thing then completely drop it to go onto another melody or part of the track without returning to it or at least hints of the sounds and earlier stuff. But otherwise, like you said very rich sound and galactic melodies for sure: makes me quite jealous when comparing my stuff to his but then again, I do different stuff than him so it is to be expected.

Actually I also wanted to write something about Artifact303, but since he produced less material than the other three, I had less ideas. However, I might come up with something for him as well.

Also, I really consider E-Mantra to be a fundamental project. His sound is more humble, but very creative and poetic.

Anyway, thank you for your reading and reviews :)

Lots of brown-nosing in this thread.

I thought Goa masters would be AP, Etnica, D5, etc....

@desysko- i mean their sound SEEMS simple but I realize it really isn't.

Brown nosing? We're talking about suntrip masters. They're pretty much up there with the old masters.

Lots of brown-nosing in this thread.

I thought Goa masters would be AP, Etnica, D5, etc....

Only because some folks were mentioned doesn't mean we are not considering other folks.

@Panoptes

I didn't mean to imply that is what you said, I simply meant what other folks have written in the past. But I agree with what you wrote,