Artist: Fiery Dawn

Title: Cosmic Ascension EP

Label: Timewarp Records

Date: April, 2014

1. The Priest of Voodoo

2. Hyperspace

3. Mahakala

4. Acid Fury

Yet another artist from the Balkans. Definitely something in the water. I think releasing psychedelic music must be their GDP. You should get that sh*t checked out before you start seeing two headed babies and children with 6 thumbs. How close are you guys from Chernobyl? Would explain a lot. This is Giorgi Schadenfreude or something like that and he's been doing his thing for a decade.

The Priest of Voodoo- This is a very interesting track. Not your run of the mill goa by any stretch. Loaded with sounds and sporting a techno-tribal influence I wouldn't kick you in the nuts if you didn't call it goa at all.

Hyperspace- If you were waiting for the goa well here it is. Acidic flame licking leads dance above the bubbly and whiplike 303. The break is well done.

Mahakala- There he goes with that 303 again. Not that I'm complaining. The melodies twist and turn all the while storming across space. Got a little bit of a Colorbox feel with that lead and that is always awesome.

Acid Fury- Hmmm. You'd think with a track called Acid Fury there'd be more acid and...well, fury. Not bad, but slightly disappointing.

X2cJfx3.png

"Man that is flagrant false advertising!"

Yeah like that. Good, but don't raise a brother's hopes like that.

It's a different EP from Timewarp who are showing their willingness to promote and support a diverse pool of artists. Good job!

Beatport

Psyshop

Mdk

Don't get me wrong, it's not about hairsplitting here, just for the sake of the review and correct information. Maybe it would be better to point out that he's one of the few in his country who is doing Goa trance music, and that deserves to be mentioned, right? :) I'm sure Sarah Palin wouldn't be happy to read that Alaska is still in Russia or some 'joke' like that ;)

• Like 1