pre aranged live set

misclickmusic

Some insperation. ;-)

I think, you must not jumb and going crazy behind the decks. You can playing melodies and turning knobs and also can interact with the crowd. Look at the videos, the musicans have much fun while they make music. :-) And the crowd realize this!

The video of Kebu is a concert. Ok here he should play really live. ;-) Ceephax and Cosmic are on partys.

Its ok press the play-button on a party, but if the artist play really live its really beautiful for me. :-) And if I like the music i dont need an artist, whos going crazy and cheer me to dance. The music is more than adequate. :-D

This whole "live" thing is a bit odd in many electronic genres. (Regarding terminology, it seems to stand for "a bloke playing his own music" and that alone without too many expectations of the technical implementation. You are allowed to dislike the fact but don't expect it to change any time soon. Every producer is a live act when it comes to party posters.)

But isn't it actually somehow weird to expect that any knob-turning would be involved? I mean, nowadays probably more than 95% of trance etc. is produced with no real-time manipulation whatsoever taking place in the whole process. Why should producers start performing something they simply don't do? (Well, obviously for the entertainment value as suggested here several times, but please try to follow the original train of thought for a moment.) Isn't it like inviting an animator to a film festival and then expecting him to perform the film in real time using paper cutouts? OK, that may be a crap analogy but hopefully you get the point. I enjoy many pieces of electronic music because they're something "unreal", that is, hard or even impossible to perform live with any equipment, obviously excluding pre-recorded media.

Unfortunately, when music sales are minuscule, the only way to get paid is getting on the road and performing, even if it's sort of unnatural considering the production methods. Didn't we have DJs for that part?

In short, I have some sympathy for producers who are doing great job in the studio but then get pushed on the stage to fake a performance just because the crowd wants to see a "live" act. Heck, many of them don't even have any kind of DJ experience, let alone playing synths and such live. I have discussed with some fine studio artists who confessed that just having something playing for a whole hour was a real struggle, because that's not how producing works.

The previously given description "when we got together as a band we already had between us a fair bit of experience with live electronic music" simply doesn't generalise particularly well.