Help with Psy-Trance Guide

desysko

So first before you do anything, check this link:

http://thedancemusicguide.com/

What is this site? Well since Ishkur hasn't updated his in some time (though I heard rumors that he is currently building a new updated site but whatever), a guy I know started this site for stuff that is after 2000. It's not meant to be an extremely extensive site with lots of description but more of a showcase of different styles and the songs from each style over the past 14-15 years.

So the guy who is in charge of the site and he asked me (and a few others) to help him out. As you can already guess he is asking for help in the psy-trance portion. While for now he is planning to put it under the trance section, he said he might consider making its own section since it is a huge genre with diverse styles. So what am I asking? Well if you look at the site you will notice how it is split into different years such as 2000-2003, 2004-2007, 2008-2011, 2012-2014. My problem is that I have a lot more Goa and other stuff than other styles like dark psy (which I enjoy some but not as much as the other stuff). What are 14 tracks you guys think can best represent these time periods. I have my own list of stuff but I wanted to check out and see if there's more stuff out there that is good. I try to keep a balance between Goa, Full On, Dark, some Progressive, and just Psytrance that doesn't really fit under these styles.

Thanks for your help (if you do help)!

Think best idea is to just forget about to try categorizing tracks into sub-genres. Most shops, web-radios, or other portals have "Downtempo" for chill/dub, "Progressive Trance" where all the stuff <140bpm belongs to and "Psychedelic Trance" where everything else goes into. Maybe add "Dark Psychedelic Trance" for >160bpm, but just don't try to add categories like "Psyprog", "Suomi", "Fullon", "Melodic Morning", "Nightpsy", "Forest", "Hightech", "Psycore", .... bla

Nobody that is not already familiar with the genre can do something with that names, and you will have track that fit into multiple, or none of the categories... so just keep it generic, especially since the page is not about trance only. So might look strange if you have 2 house, 2 dub, 2 trance and 99 psytrance genres.. :D