1. Messiah - Hypnosis

2. Prophets of Psycho - Moon Madness

3. Mos Fet - Supersonic Wind

4. Astrological - Magic

5. Zero To Nine - Jericho

6. Liquid Lunar - Phonetik

7. Digital Sun - Space Flipper

8. X-Tension Aquarius - Welcome To Mars

Typical German reaction, take something fun and wild and make it decidedly unfun. So clinical and by the numbers.

qDEcJxJ.jpg

Worst. Sleepover. Ever.

In a world where old school masters of goa trance are engaged in title fights this compilation is the undercard. In Paris.

Paris, Texas.

Yep the local venue that is the weekend home of the flea market and swap meet every other Thursday for one night only brings you second (third?) tier goa from such acts as Prophets of Psycho, Mos Fet, and Liquid Lunar.

Q3UgXZU.gif

I'm sorry, who? Why not put the guy that sang Chocolate Rain on there?

The always scorching best track Messiah ever made Hypnosis starts things off, but after that it's slim pickings. Looking at the tracklist if this was closing time at your favorite watering hole I'd be afraid when they turned the lights on if I were you.

And that's why you don't judge a book by its cover you bunch a racists. True some tracks aren't as polished as they could be (function of the time and technology), but don't let that stop you from exploring the depth of psychedelia here. There are numerous blazing old school goa trance tracks to be found. Supersonic Wind is hypnotic when the female vocal comes in and Jericho shrieks with piercing leads. Phonetik with it's goose like wail belies its aggressive nature. But Space Flipper combines the gentle whalesong with a snappy 303 and ride it to goa glory.

Recommended.

Mdk

I forgot the joke at the bottom of the picture.

You mean the line about Paris? Wasn't it there all the time? Or perhaps I didn't get the irony, lack of sleep maybe, don't know, syntax error.

Oh yeah, and could You specify 'old school masters of goa trance are engaged in title fights' thing?

What I was going for was picking on the German propensity for order and precision. Trance Medusa Records was a German label so I thought I'd have a little fun at their expense. Sleepovers are pure and fun. Nazis took it to another level.

As far as title fights with old school masters of goa trance, compilations like Goa Head, Distance To Goa, Trancentral...yadda yadda yadda are where you usually find the big boys and the classic tracks. On the big stage. Look at this tracklist? On first glance it's like the D-list in Hollywood. Paris is a metropolitan sophisticated big time city. Big things happen there.

Paris, Texas is not.

Reading the beginning of the review without the punchline under the concentration camp makes it seem like a random picture of one of the darkest times in recent history. Even with it my intention was never to offend and if I did that then I apologize. Methinks I've stumbled across one of the lines that shouldn't be used for humor.

Mdk

Thanks for dedicating few minutes on clarifying vague points, I know the worst thing is explaining 'the funny' for someone, in my defense ;) - it happened to me for the first time with Your reviews and (praise mode: on) I find them amusing + essential for Psynews (praise mode: off).

Offtopicking (is that even a word?) along and to clear things up, I'm not and I wasn't offended, just thought about this specific picture as quite graphic regarding the punchline, bold one, that's it. I believe everything can be used to cheer up, even dark themes if used wisely (one of my favourites are Ricky Gervais, Louis CK and Jimmy Carr and they have no brakes :)).

Last thing, title fights. In garage house scene once there were quality producers who were friends up to a point. After some time they, putting milldly, had a row and the vinyls were pressed with titles like this and this, also the releasing label's name 'Sting City' was mocking 'Swing City' and so on. I thought about similar thing here, my fault.

All those words in a topic about complilation I didn't even know about until yesterday, now I just have to listen to it :).

• 2 years later...