Shambala 2013 up for grabs :)

Lemmiwinks

Excisions' Shambala is the first mix that got me into dubstep a while ago, thanks to you guys recomendation here, so it has a special place in my heart, I've been following it since, although more and more dissapointed by the commercial turn it has taken but still, there are some nice tracks in there and it allows to get a good feeling of the evolution of dubstep IMO

anyways, Excision just put his new mix online today, I thought I'd share ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFd7MHcYW1o&feature=youtu.be

so what do you people think? It's even more commercial than 2012 :( still some interesting stuff in there nonetheless

download link

[EDIT to moderators: damn, I put it in the wrong forum, if someone can move it to Other Electronica please :) ]

I am almost ashamed to admit there was a point I liked his original shambala mix, then I got out of that stuff as fast as I got in before it all went to hell :/

I dare not even listen to the new mix as my opinion of the whole genre has probably changed and I don't want to tarnish my memories lol :)

I am almost ashamed to admit there was a point I liked his original shambala mix, then I got out of that stuff as fast as I got in before it all went to hell :/

I dare not even listen to the new mix as my opinion of the whole genre has probably changed and I don't want to tarnish my memories lol :)

you're right ;) there are big parts that aren't even dubstep anymore, it ranges between instrumental hip hop and hard electro :(

Just out of curiosity, did you guys know that Siouxsie & The Banshees had a brief date with the very early 1990s goa scene in London? I remember reading a NME article when goa was still a subterranean genre the Siouxsie took part in one of the very first goa parties in the city. Funny, I remembered it now when I saw the video.