Artist: Cosmic Dimension

Title: Voyage In The Universe EP

Label: Timewarp Records

Date: July, 2013

1. Voyage In The Universe

2. Predicting The Future

3. Dark Side of the Universe

4. Alien Speech

Cosmic Dimension are a fledgling goa trance project from Macedonia. Mace whatiya? Sounds made up. Like when we Americans add an "o" to English words and think we're speaking Spanish. They recently appeared on the latest stunning Suntrip offering Blacklight Moments and fit right in. This 4 track digital EP comes from the newly formed Timewarp Records. It's a sublabel of Ovnimoon so it seems right that these two entities found each other.

The first thing that jumps out at me is the eye catching artwork with asteroids and a star. Excuse me, my son is trying to tell me that they might be meteoroids. Jeez, you check one book out at the library on planets and all of a sudden you're an astronomer?

"Hey how about go make a meteoroid in the toilet, you've been farting all day!"

As I was saying it tells you exactly what you will find inside. This is cosmic goa trance with layers and spiraling melodies. It sparkles and shines as one would expect from music that takes place miles above the planetary surface. The highs of racing comets are pleasantly balanced by juicy lows as breaks are punctuated with chopped up strings. Some leads scream and some shimmer like fragments from a massive collision.

Of particular note is the all out power and relentless twisting and turning of Predicting the Future. All the tracks are pretty good...nah, they're damn good. They didn't reinvent the wheel here or attempt to sound old school. They just kept it goa. Cosmic goa. Like what this guy would listen to if he had his iPod.

ZPvsQoB.gif

Beatport

Juno Download

Audiojelly

Mdk

• 2 weeks later...