anyone know what this music style is called?

Lemmiwinks

So I don't know if you've noticed but lately (at least in these parts of the World) dancefloors have been invaded by a new type of sound, it sounds kindof like electro house but with a very heavy slightly distorted kick resembling hardcore. Well, I have to admit that at least it's much more engaging than most commercial stuff out there... Only problem, I don't have a clue on how it's called? Anyone knows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deqNM6FO9rk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ue26GpV9Do

According to Beatport at least the first track is labeled as Progressive House. Maybe there is a more concise name for a subgenre around if you a part of that scene?

According to Beatport at least the first track is labeled as Progressive House. Maybe there is a more concise name for a subgenre around if you a part of that scene?

yep pretty much so, the same way that people who aren't into psytrance don't see much of a difference between full-on and dark psy when for a purist it makes a world of a difference ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

man, it seems like every week at least 20 more tracks like these are made, it's insane! lol Still don't have a clue on how it's called though :(

I'll tell you what I call it: Pop Dance.

It's been around for decades, yet it changes over time. It is made quickly, usually in a few weeks.

It always sells more than the 'underground' variety because it has the catchy melodies and snappy synthesizers.

There is almost never a story or meaning in the music, totally mindless. You can find it all over the world, with a history of sales, distribution is widespread.

I'll tell you what I call it: Pop Dance.

It's been around for decades, yet it changes over time. It is made quickly, usually in a few weeks.

It always sells more than the 'underground' variety because it has the catchy melodies and snappy synthesizers.

There is almost never a story or meaning in the music, totally mindless. You can find it all over the world, with a history of sales, distribution is widespread.

haha indeed ;) well, after looking around, it seems everyone just calls it electro house although it has a distinctly different sound than "normal" electro house... ah well...