Texas Faggott - Tranz Toilette

the goa constrictor

Artist: Texas Faggott

texasfaggott-tranztoilette.jpg
Album: Tranz Toilette
Label: Bandcamp
Review:
You know, it’s been so long since I have written an album review, I almost wondered if I would ever actually do it again. But, then again, I kind of thought that Texas Faggott was over and dead too, so perhaps this is a fitting excuse to write a review.
Well, that and the fact that this album is fucking AWESOME.
Over the years, Timo has been focusing so much on the Mandalavandalz and Satanic Disney monikers that I kind of assumed that Texas Faggott was over and done with. It servered its purpose, did its time, and was time to let that moniker be put to rest and allow for other monikers to explore the new sounds. But, that’s just kind of stupid. Texas Faggott will always be the top tier moniker for Timo’s music and he may as well use it from time to time.
Now, if you follow the discography of Timo’s output, you’ll know that Mandalavandalaz “The King of the Bad Trips” was kind of his last full length release. And it was a solid nutron bomb of psychedelic madness.
It’s really hard for me to find most of what is considered “forest” or “dark psy” to be anything but laughable because Timo just fucking NAILED ‘The King of the Bad Trips’ so masterfully. THAT was an album that was dark, twisted, scary, and psychedelic. Where was he to go from there?
Well, ‘Tranz Toilette’ is a pretty fucking solid return to form.
I’ve had a weird torrid affair with the Psychedelic Dance world for a little while now. Shit was getting boring and stale. I was an emotional pile of rubbish. Things just weren’t coming together properly. Then, over this past winter, I was reborn and recognized my role as King. Since then, I’ve been gobbling up different psychedelic sounds and let me tell you, Tranz Toilette is everything I could have hoped it would be.
Timo has a unique skill and take on psychedelic music. He understands the aliens, the sylphs, the massive use of panning, the gated vocals and samples, proper use of a bass line, and of course, all of the weird swirling and chirping alien sounds. The fucker composes extremely gratifying alien rush hour traffic cosmic dance music.
In a way, that’s all I need to say.
If you’re already a fan of Texas Faggott and the related projects, this new album will not disappoint.
If you’re not already a fan, I really don’t know if this is the album that will change your mind. But, maybe you should try again anyway.
Timo is of a rare breed in the Psychedelic Trance world; often imitated, never quite copied, always able to bring together the warmth of a morning melody with the darkness of the nastiest twisted music out there.
Another A+ for Timo and thanks again for all of the lovely music over the years.
xoxox
-King Goa Constrictor

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...