Female DJ

Prejudice by whom? I know if I was a girl and wanted to DJ I wouldn't give a rat's arse about what some people might think. Besides, I don't see what's so "non-girly" about DJing, it doesn't exactly equal to being a lumber-jack or driving a truck (which both are suitable for women too I think). I think being a (good) DJ involves a good deal of understanding your records and most importantly understanding your crowd, in other words you must have adequate social and emotional capabilities, and it's a scientifical fact that women in general are better with such issues than men.

Ok I realise I didn't answer your question at all but anyway.

here in switzerland is a least one i have heard of. but i haven't got the chance to see her so far. would be great if were more female djs.

I know two female djs:

- stella nutella - saw her at soluluna

- paulina aka gen6 - she was at party in warsaw last week and i loved her set 'cause she played a lot of 3d vision (or similar) stuff which i love sooooooo much

hope to see more :-)))))

Dj Annelina from SStockholm is quite nice, very friendly and she has a hardcore choice of music..

:D

i want to trade DAT tapes with her in my bed :P

i would love to have a dj girl : )

ok...but, i think that people would love to give a try to a fem dj, cuz the general question is, where the hell r all those ladies who knows how to rock?...at partyes i see equal number of guys than grls and they surely have their own feel of trance.

ask miranda and jiga.

I played one time together with a female psy-dj from germany, she's called Astrid and she's really nice. Here name is INMOTION. Sometimes she plays together with Chris (Akutamina).

Another female psy-dj is dj Betty, I think she's from holland, not sure, but she played some parties there.

Guest bugbread

Here's an odd question, then: are there any AD female DJs? I know two female DJs, Ree K and Domino, and everybody thinks they're great. All the female DJs listed above are also being called good, so are there any bad ones?

And why ARE there so few? I know there's no prejudice aginst them from the listeners side...

Then again, all the people that I know who are really super into Psy (knowing the artists' real names, knowing exactly who worked on which pieces for what labels, etc.) are guys, so does it have something to do with men being more likely to take things like this to an extreme?

Guest Jojo...

Here in France I know only 2 or 3 female djs .Just for example, Little Pumpkin is a dj from Paris..very good dj, very nice choice of music and beautiful eyes....;)

Guest cali fasi

to tatsu: i've seen two female dj's in switzerland: mush mush (?) and amphitere. you should see amphitere if you get a chance, her set blew me away at like 11am (she was supposed to play at 4 but overslept), she looks really hardcore as well!

swiss parties kick ass

Other than those mentioned, I think most female dj's end up in music like hard house, garage and d&b. I suspect it's because psy is a bit on the weird side - similar to sci-fi in some respects ... same sort of ratio !

bomble

i think it's cos mostly boys like sniffing records, collecting special labels obsessively and hanging about on forums talking about it all the time ;) quite an anal male passtime. kinda like why aren't there more female model rail enthusiasts.

i think its a stereotype right there..why do u think psy is a little too weird for a female DJ?NOT for me!Have always played weied stuff...Even before started playing trance Kate (DJ Sinista)

Guest Elysium Project

I would love to see more female Dj's.

The reason why there's not that many females into dj'ing is because it's a male dominted world where each dj think about themselves and will use every trick in the book to get infront of the other dj's..... That's the main scare off for the females dj's.

So as an result of agressive wannabe male dj's the girls get more into "female" side of the party - the chaishops, decoration ect.

My suggstion to the girls are - kick the boy's asses and start to dj.

to cali fasi: i''ve heard that mush mush really is a killer dj but i didn't know she's a girl. think i will have to go to more parties to check those 2 out!!

I saw an live DJ-set with a female DJ here in Denmark (it was an Are51 thing in Gatten) and she was DJ'ing in her bra... Very nice... If I could only remember her name... Damn.... have the flyer at home, and I'm at work now.... She wasn't that good though....

DeathPosture

Guest drops of madness

hey,

Domino;s a girl.....she plays better sets than most of the guys in Goa....

its the mind that matters when playing...not the body....

Guest drops of madness

hey,

Guest drops of madness

hey,

Guest drops of madness

hey,