Procyon

That article is much longer than I can bring myself to read at the moment, but...

With Las Vegas's Electric Daisy Carnival grossing $40m

I just saw some video about this on Netflix the other day and started to watch it. It quickly got into some behind the scenes stuff that was boring, but at the beginning it showed the arena where it was held, and...holy shit that was a lot of people. I would have freaked out from claustrophobia.

While I only watched a few minutes, it seemed like the whole deal was a textbook example of taking a phenomenon long since past its golden era, sanitizing it, diluting it, and reselling it to the sheeple in a nice manufactured off-the-shelf package.

I look at the pictures of those girls in those costumes and wonder if they have any idea where the whole notion of silly rave costumes comes from.

Yep, your right! It is nothing like the 1990's and was never supposed to be.

The article is wrong in stating that raves were re-branded in the 2000s, it was the mid 1990's in Minnesota that they started calling them "parties" and the second one that I ever went to was in the St Paul armory (a big public dome downtown).

Jazz, rock, and rap to some extent have all been sanitized to be sold to a larger audience.

Music history is something that interests me, I find it fascinating.