Kick related question

• 3 months later...

Any good drumsynth has click option that can easily be added. Some pretty good drumsynths are provided by Odosynths, Psydrums and DR Fusion. Very good samples and they have the option to add a click sound to the kickdrum.

A 505 sounds more like a 707 (or is it the other way around? :P ).

Any good drumsynth has click option that can easily be added. Some pretty good drumsynths are provided by Odosynths, Psydrums and DR Fusion. Very good samples and they have the option to add a click sound to the kickdrum.

You mean attack probably? That's a totally different sound than that Disco Volante's track. It's a 909 (probably) with something sampled on top and processed most likely. I tried to recreate it once, I think it worked out rather good, take a listen: http://www2.zshares.net/q1tnfxwxb65l.

No, it is one kickdrum and it can be done with Odo psydrums or Dr Fusion or DR Fusion 2 and it can even be done very easily. I think it is the height knob that you have to use in order to get that sound, in other synths it will be called pitch. The lengh and curve determine how long and deep the kick is on the Dr Fusion synth, but with the height you can get that short click sound as you call it.

...except that the first VSTi was created in 1999, and that tracks with such a kick were created before that. Didn't you listen to the example? Why don't you bother to post yours if you're so sure?

I listened to the track and it is possible to generate such a kick with Dr Fusion and DR Fusion 2, I don't have FL Studio installed right now, otherwise I would hsow you which paramenters you have to tweak in order to get that kickdrum.