Posted Image

Artist: Bell Size Park

Title: Escape From Planet X EP

Label: Dimensional Records

Date: December, 2011

1. Escape From Planet X

2. Reptillianz

3. Lost In Time

Belgian indy label Dimensional Records is nipple deep in goa trance with re-releases of several discs as well as a couple of compilations of their own. So along comes this name from the past with a short 3 track EP with tracks from his upcoming album. I don't really know much about Shlomy and his music, but in their short lifespan, this label has yet to produce a turd. So I thought I would check it out.

The first track has a swirling lead that gets the heavy filtered treatment creating an image of a dragon kite dancing amidst a blue sky. Reptillianz is an evolving twisting meander complete with breakbeat and goa flavor. The track that stands out to me is Lost In Time. It's a downtempo piece with a high bpm. Know what I'm talking about? Surprisingly it grew on me with it's big pads and raindrop synths.

It was interesting and I enjoyed listening to it, but it didn't set the house on fire. IF I had to give it a number...3.75/5

Beatport

Mdk