Posted Image

Artist: Lunatic Vs. Zed Reactor

Title: Dark Travel

Label: TSL Records

Date: November, 2011

1 - Lunatic - Burn The Leads

2 - Zed Reactor - Tyrant virus

3 - Lunatic - Welcome To Hell

4 - Negous - stage 1 (Zed Reactor rmx10)

5 - Lunatic - It's Your Travel

6 - Zed Reactor - Life In The Deep

Having reviewed the dark and fun Zed Reactor debut Interplanetary Entity I recently discovered some more stuff that he had a hand in. This is just out for free at this label's site.

http://www.tsl-records.com/#!lunatic-vs-zed-reactor---dark-travel

It's a net label run by George Tsomokos (aka Lunatic) that offers trance and house music for free. That's right hippies I said for free. So drop the rolling papers and go check it out. The layout is very nice and it is bristling with a bunch of info and releases. I haven't heard the vast majority, but this one caught my eye. If they bring the same good time goa and nitzho combo that Zed did, then it's win win for free, isn't it?

Burn The Leads- This is some dark nitzhonot ripped from the pages of Zed Reactor's debut album Interplanetary Entity. It's loud, and has the trademark kick that we all know. Like key changes? Yep, it's got 'em. Like a funky break? Present and accounted for. Think of it like the little nitzho kid in school that the bully pick on until one day he decides enough is enough.

Posted Image

My my...don't think that kid was expecting a southpaw...

Tyrant Virus- "Stay sharp...we're not alone."

That's right...the intarwebz are watching. This one is a thicker piece of Nitzho, with swarming leads, well placed samples, and vibrant break full of eerie intent. Well, the Resident Evil sample was kinda corny along with the evil laughter, but I can look past that in the name of fun. Coulda come right off his album.

Welcome To Hell- "Welcome...to hell!"

What was beginning as another nitzho fun time quickly turned into a dark, uncomfortable trip. He's twisting knobs, people are scared...Then the track switches focus. I know he's the head of the label and Zed wouldn't speak bad of his employer, but George's tracks come off as less polished. Raw, even. This track in particular changes direction so frequently it seems as if it is a sketch pad. Yep, he even ventures into euphoric trance territory.

Felt like I was in the club mix of the Man United fight song.

Posted Image

Mark my words, he'll be governor of California one day.

Stage 1 (Zed Reactor rmx10)- It takes 2 minutes before we get that nitzho fix but this was a bit of a miss for Mr. Zed. It just kinda...went. The lack of direction aside he starts to create a wall of sound and key changes at the end.

It's Your Travel- With his last track George melds electronica with some techno industrial vibe. Like he threw Trent Reznor in the blender.

Yeah take that you pretentious prick!

Area 51 samples getting twisted and this one is a more moderate pace. Not a big fan. Seemed a big expanse of energy like his equipment had a last gasp.

Posted Image

Yeah, better idea on paper, right?

Life In the Deep- Final track and it sounds very detailed and organic. Something alive and crawling. Glitchy tendencies and deep bass pads. It says life in the deep but it could just as well be an alien land. Rocketing at drum n bass speed in a break beat style the isolated feeling kicks into high gear. The synths scream heading for a climax that never comes. It all just fades away. Loved the beginning, but it lost steam for me.

Hit or miss. Tyrant Virus was the best track for me as it kept with the Zed Reactor theme. The rest had some good moments, but failed to stick with me. Still, it's all for free so you can't lose.

http://www.tsl-records.com/#!lunatic-vs-zed-reactor---dark-travel

Mdk

Yeah, a freebee from a fairly recent weblabel (TSL Records) with the most corny looking website I ever saw... :P

Their label has some very very poor stuff, but there's some good things to be found as well, mainly the Zed Reactor EP's. Gotta say the "Burn The Leads" track from Lunatic doesn't sound all that bad either, the tune has a nice vibe going on with metallic clattering sounds 'n apocaliptic melodies :)...way better than his old stuff on Transistance!

Glad to see you took a peak at this netEP, T2MU!