6. Click

7. Deep Fulgin

8. Tokyo Nights

9. Soe Doe

10. Deep into the Bowl

11. Choclop

12. Zyclops

13. A head under the Towel

After having reviewed Krusseldorf's second album, 'Bohemian groove', I was certain that this was the pinnacle of Simon Heath's career, he could never release an album that would top it. This was the perfect album, there were no flaws, no bad tracks, no mistakes, everything was meshed into something extraordinary. This album was Simon's fifteen minutes of fame, I told myself, and to be honest, how do you top something perfect? Well you can't really top it but you obviously can do it again! And perfect a second time around, is surely good enough for me.

The first thing you recognize is Krusseldorfs amazing production skills, it's crisp, acidic, snappy and the composition never feels misplaced or unconsidered. The composition is worth mentioning, it's a more daring one. Simon is pushing the boundaries a little bit into a more glitchy and at times crazy approach, reminiscent of 'Smokers lounge', only this time it is executed exceedingly better. What is also apparent is the dark, gloomy touch. 'From soil to space' does not have the same emphasis on melodic content as Bohemian Groove did, which was a very colorful album. The color spectrum on FSTS is towards a more brown and gray one, represented on the cover art. Here the center of gravity is the gloomy atmosphere and the glitchy composition. A good way of describing this sonic gourmet dish is the merging between Simon's other project Atrium Carceri and Krusseldorf.

So there's not a ton of melodies but they do appear from time to time. Although not as to make the music veer away too far from it's gloomy tendency, at most it sounds contemplatively beautiful with an edge of sadness. I think that this was a conscious choice from Simon and a good one at that. This album was never meant to convey something happy or elevating. It adds a mature touch, and it makes me regard Simon more as a great composer than a good downtempo producer.

Music can be art, and very much so on FSTS. Every listen I just sit and “watch” the music, looking at it from different angles, letting it give rise to different notions and conceptions in my mind, there is always some little detail I didn't notice before. I would like to hang it on the wall but this is of course not possible, it's a piece of truly abstract art. It might be true that a picture says more than a thousand words, and I feel inclined to submit to you that a good album says more than words can ever describe. And this is surely the case with 'From soil to space'.

If you like this review please check out my Blog at http://thenoseisperp...r.blogspot.com/

• 2 months later...

When i first listened to Krusseldorf's music, I think it was the Thermo nuclear EP, I couldn't believe it was made by the same guy behind the Atrium Carceri project. Simon has demonstrated very special skills and that he is capable of producing tracks ranging from the most dark and dense atmospheres to the melodic and brighter ones. This album in particular, as Melancholyman pointed out, is like a blend between his two projects Atrium Carceri and Krusseldorf, featuring tracks with a dense and dark atmosphere but with a touch of light represented in the melodies somehow full of hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm1ggqoYtCQ

Posted Image

Krusseldorf - From Soil to Space [ Aleph Zero, Oct. 2011 ]

Media formats: CD & Digital

Catalog No.: AlephZ18

Release date: 17.10.2011

Track List :

1. Geometrics

2. Boxing

3. The Cell

4. First Blood

5. From Soil To Space

6. Click

7. Deep Fulgin

8. Tokyo Nights

9. Soe Doe

10. Deep Into The Bowl

11. Choclop

12. Zyclops

13. A Head Under The Towe

Review originally published on isratrance.com

Written in 2011.

Music for late night traveling, psychedelic winter shades, parallel universes and strange encounters. Simon Heath, aka Krusseldorf, the sound designer from Sweden, is back with a new mind-boggling release. From Soil to Space is a ghostly sound swell of very well produced, IDM-ish, misty and cleverly glitchy downtempo electronica with a strong otherworldly quality. In terms of sound aesthetics, vibe and atmosphere, From Soil to Space is an album that with its own original personality revisits and illuminates one of Aleph Zero's more familiar and most beloved sonic territories, a territory of deep and polished electronic based music that tells a detailed, epic, mysterious and slightly dark story. A territory that characterizes some of the label's earliest and most attractive releases like Kalitz, Midnight Soul Dive, Some Things Never Change, and Dark Room Beats. From Soil to Space can tell a story about whatever we want: enchanted desert moons, futuristic cities, northern lights, or maybe just about groovy and smooth space floating, the possibilities are endless. It all depends on our imagination, and if you have a healthy imagination, From Soil to Space will be a powerful tool to use in order to transfer yourselves to. . .

Krusseldorf - Soe Doe

Krusseldorf took his unique sound and style to the next level, and it really shows in every second of this album with stylish high quality production that intensifies the strong emotional core of the compositions. As opposed to the charming Bohemian Groove (Krusseldorf's previous album that was released on Beats & Pieces last year) things are more subtle and a bit more tricky on From Soil to Space. You can hear that a lot of work went into this creation, and as we know, those who work hard and put love in what they do, bear fruit. And this is definitely the case here, as From Soil to Space is Krusseldorf's best work to date. With this album Krusseldorf provides something special and alluring that a lot of us electronic music fans out there are always longing for.

Krusseldorf - Deep Fulgin

Recommendation: After swimming in the more experimental side of downtempo electronica, electro acoustic and chillout, and releasing the lovely album Hold The Sun, the guys at Aleph Zero swam back home. So all I can say is just go buy the CD, so you'll also get the elegant, fine looking artwork, put a good pair of headphones on, sit back, press play, and just feel the music yourselves and see what it does to you. Because after all, as someone once said: "Writing About Music is Like Dancing About Architecture".

Available at:

Aleph Zero Bandcamp Psyshop Goastore Beatspace Saiko Sounds Cdbaby Juno Amazon iTunes Beatport emusic

Enjoy :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

An outstanding release.

i realy did not expected anything from this release as this is the first album

ive heard by krusseldorf,but pow - wow !

the second i pressed play i was sucked into a new dimension !

and i am sooo glad aleph zero gang is back with interesting releases.

so,ive made peace with aleph zero after a few years and got myself a pocket stargate to new territories.

Ace.