Guest Mike D

Xenomorph - "Qlippoth" Review.

Guest The Journey Man Project   
Guest The Journey Man Project

found this really messy and very dissapointing... great sampling, and tree of death was perfect, but it the rest sounded rushed... was one of the biggest let downs.

Gutty    0

um i listened to this album on studio monitors and it sounds fine.

just because it doesnt sound like plastic fullon doesnt mean its got bad production.

Trance2MoveU    372

r4YQr9H.gif

Okay...this guy loves the darkness.  But does he push his goth image too far?  Is it now comical?  Or is he an actual vampire?  14 years old and things don't shock us like they used to.  I mean I just watched a movie called Human Centipede where this crazy surgeon sewed three people together linking their digestive tract.  Use your imagination.

There are moments where he puts scary second rate direct to video horror samples over a monotonous beat.  Did I miss anything?  Sounds of torture and supernatural possession.  Prophecy forshadowing?  How old are we?  Isn't this the kid that smoked cigarettes in the high school bathroom and put pentagrams all over his textbook covers.  Covers by the way adorned with Slayer and Pantera logos.  But then there are tracks like Tzelmavet where regurgitative sound effects are used well.  Dark track that one.  Tree of Death also is one of the better ones. 

As entertaining as this was it's a novelty.  It is.  It overly relies on horror movie samples to the detriment of the tracks because musically it really isn't that special.  Too much.  You can't blast this in your car without feeling a little self conscious.  Got a whole South Park goth thing going on.  But for home listening when you're in that mood...?  I can see it.

P.S.  If he made an album of dark ambient a la the title track I'd be into it.