dark neo-goa

Cybernetika

I have the same feelings about a lot of new goa being too "fluffy", but Sky Technology has really given me hope in the whole genre. :) He has released a couple of free EPs which you can find here and here. It's very melodic, but the melodies are darker than most.

I really enjoy BlackStarrFinale as well.

That Shiva3 album is really nice too, but I'm not sure I'd even call it goa.

well, my point, totally "my point" about this is: look at those tracks, they are Goa Trance, rather non melodic, spooky, dark, whatever you like to call it:

and for me there is a certain connection between this style and recently called "zenonesque" music, i.e. Tetrameth, Shadow Fx, Grouch, Merkaba, also Sensient,

Cujorius One, HypoGeo, Minimal Criminal, Reactant, Radioactive.Cake, Kained & Able, Zartrox, Onionbrain, Bufo, etc...

actually i never understood why only hyper melodic trance is called "New School Goa", and other styles are called Progressive, Tech Trance, Dark, Suomi, etc.

so, my recommendation is: check out the artists i mentioned above. some sound dark indeed, others sound more organic and funky. all are non melodic in comparison to New School Goa, and all these artists are very talented for sure. maybe you like some of their music.

Thanks for the tips, while I like tech-trance a lot, and there are some great progressive tracks in atmosphere, but usually they are a little too slow and minimal for my taste, I prefer more drive and tempo in a trance track. But there sure are some gems I dont know of, will investigate further :)

The more I listen to this one the more "goa" it gets... and better ;) definitely a grower!

you should also try Krussedull - Alberts Journey epic track, especially the last part is fitting your request, but also with good dose of forest.

And of course Artha ;) e.g.

and there is Trold e.g.
and check out VA - Imaginarity e.g.

and then there is InnerSelf who released an EP Revenge Of The Sun last year I think

Great, epic track that one by Krussedull is. I also like that InnerSelf EP a lot.

Personally, I like Ianuaria a lot. Maybe it could be something for you, too...

<3 <3 <3

My first thought was this is full on, but this is in fact great great music with a lot of depth. Another artist very high on my "to get" list :)

But I'd probably not tag Ianuaria as "Dark Neogoa", but Alienapia (album: Goapocalipsis) would probably fit the bill:

Released on Space Baby Records, as well as Shiva3 (album: Space In The Woods)

That second track BLOWS MY MIND. holy shit. Such dense atmosphere!

I have the same feelings about a lot of new goa being too "fluffy", but Sky Technology has really given me hope in the whole genre. :) He has released a couple of free EPs which you can find here and here. It's very melodic, but the melodies are darker than most.

I really enjoy BlackStarrFinale as well.

That Shiva3 album is really nice too, but I'm not sure I'd even call it goa.

Thank you too, will check out a bit of Sky Technology.

Oh, and BlackStarrFinale is nice too, a bit too "bright" maybe to fit my request but still great great music. Now that you are posting in this thread yourself, I can congratulate you on "Is Pause No" which is an incredible piece. By the way, I think we should do a collab sometime, a remix or something.

Personally, I like Ianuaria a lot. Maybe it could be something for you, too...

My first thought was this is full on, but this is in fact great great music with a lot of depth. Another artist very high on my "to get" list :)

Check out VA - Temple of One (Glowing Flame Records) :)

Oh, and BlackStarrFinale is nice too, a bit too "bright" maybe to fit my request but still great great music. Now that you are posting in this thread yourself, I can congratulate you on "Is Pause No" which is an incredible piece. By the way, I think we should do a collab sometime, a remix or something.

Thanks very much, really appreciated! It's funny you should say that, always had a fixation with Starchild ever since it came out and wanted to bend it my own way. I'm well up for something like that :)