Someone selling my tracks on Beatport without my permission

Imba

Hello everyone!

Arronax just told me that on Beatport some 2 Side Records selling Goatronika. WTF?

CD is copyrighted and noone can sell it, just Phototropic.

Also i saw from same label another release i think is unofficial and illegal, called "VA - Psy Trance Clubbing Vol.03 with Space Elves track and Radical Distortion, Zolphinia, Amithaba Buddha, ArmagedDance...

How to stop this things and can i get some money from this violation of copyrights? lol

Thanks

EDIT: If moderator can edit ME in topic title in MY it gonna be great, thanks

Hello everyone!

Arronax just told me that on Beatport some 2 Side Records selling Goatronika. WTF?

CD is copyrighted and noone can sell it, just Phototropic.

Also i saw from same label another release i think is unofficial and illegal, called "VA - Psy Trance Clubbing Vol.03 with Space Elves track and Radical Distortion, Zolphinia, Amithaba Buddha, ArmagedDance...

How to stop this things and can i get some money from this violation of copyrights? lol

Thanks

EDIT: If moderator can edit ME in topic title in MY it gonna be great, thanks

Well have you asked Phototropic if they have made a deal with a distributor or other label to put your music on Beatport? Usually a contract allow the main label to do such deals. It's called 3rd party licensing.

P.S! Forget to get any money out of this IF it's illegal. It will cost you 10 x the amount to start a lawsuit than what you'll ever get paid IF you win.

Weird, Beatport is pretty cautious about these things.

Anyway they don't get and distribute these releases on their own, they pass via some digital distributor first. So that (one/two) other party(ies) is(are) rotten and are selling music they don't own.

First thing is to ask Beatport to stop selling the releases (you'll have to prove you own them), and ask where they come from, so you can chase the offenders behind.

Weird, Beatport is pretty cautious about these things.

Beatport got no control over such things as there's no way they can check if a release is bogus or not. I've had my label on Beatport since 2003 and seen these things going on at Beatport many times.

Here is the link to Goatronika:

https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/251708/goatronika#

I wrote to Phototropic, after all track is mine and there is no contract for CD and is they have plans to share them and sell i must give permission like i gave for CD.

Will wait reply from Digitoxin too what he have to say, if he dont know who selling this i will report for sure.

Thanks

Beatport got no control over such things as there's no way they can check if a release is bogus or not. I've had my label on Beatport since 2003 and seen these things going on at Beatport many times.

Kinda right, BUT they ask digital distributors to justify a lot from the labels they distribute, which gives a kind of guarantee.

Example, our digital distrib Record Union published this for those willing to get their releases on Beatport.

Kinda right, BUT they ask digital distributors to justify a lot from the labels they distribute, which gives a kind of guarantee.

Example, our digital distrib Record Union published this for those willing to get their releases on Beatport.

Funny thing is though that the digital distributors I've worked with (One was the biggest till date: Ingrooves) never asked for any info. They approved any release. I seriously haven't seen any of the 5 distributors I've worked with ever being interested in assuring our releases was legit. I know the same goes for many other labels who never get questioned by their distributors.

Result is massive illegal releases on Beatport week after week (example: remixes using original illegal samples or even full melody lines etc.)

Point is that 15-20% of all releases (among all genres) on shops like Beatport would not stand the legit test IF investigated by Beatport or the distributors.

So everyone has a serious problem here.

But IMO it would be much more valuable to dupesell (just invented a new term) artists like Justin Bieber or even Mozart. But Psytrance ??? Come on ahah. OK these guys know niche markets aren't full of lawyers either.

Ok is now, i was speaking with Phototropic.

Because Phototropic isnt registered on Beatport he gave to distributers to sell them.

Im ok with Goatronika and Ya Wichna but those compilations arent ok, Digitoxin told me thats just promos for better sales.

I dont want report because i respect Digitoxin, but label should contact artists before doing something like that or artists can lose trust in label and label will lose artists too.

What's more, I am responsible for any track on CD because im compiler and it looks like i made fraud.

Every artist should check if some of his music is there and report if he is offended ;)

Ok is now, i was speaking with Phototropic.

Because Phototropic isnt registered on Beatport he gave to distributers to sell them.

Im ok with Goatronika and Ya Wichna but those compilations arent ok, Digitoxin told me thats just promos for better sales.

I dont want report because i respect Digitoxin, but label should contact artists before doing something like that or artists can lose trust in label and label will lose artists too.

What's more, I am responsible for any track on CD because im compiler and it looks like i made fraud.

Every artist should check if some of his music is there and report if he is offended ;)

Next time ask the label before you jump into conclusion. Or just ask me (irony) :) as I kinda knew it had to do with a 3rd part doing the distribution. And yes the label should ask you first IF they do not have an agreement with you to allow a 3rd part to distribute your tune (An agreement can also be orally and does not have to be written).

But on the other hand Law is very complex and just because an artist feel "offended" does not necessary mean the label did anything wrong as you basically give them the right to exploit your music in any way they see fit when you agree for them to release it (as you did here orally). In such a case it's very important you draw up a written agreement saying exactly what they can do and not do.

Good luck with sales :)

Sales going to label haha not to me.

By the way im making music because love, not for money :)

Do what you like, but you probably don't want to allow others to do things with your music you are not comfortable with.

Why not give it out for free on Ektoplazm or something instead of someone ripping you off and leaving bad taste in your mouth afterwards?

Kagdila records loves to take advantage of guys like you :)

I agree. Release your music on Ektoplazm. The award is a huge base of music lovers, usually great feedback (maybe even gigs - this has to be proven though) compared to the small community of people buying CD's.

If Phototropic agree with puting it on Ektoplazm, i will, why not ;)

I dont think Ektoplazm will agree when it's on an online shop. I was thinking about your future releases :)

www.uafrecords.com

Every release from my label is on Ektoplazm and soon few my compilations will be too ;)