New music help

Messier45

Hi all. I got into Goa in 1994 but fell out of love with it in about 1999 when it lost its soul. I recently listed to a CD that was sent to a friend with some really good Psy on it and was wondering what else I have missed over the years. Anyone got any suggestions for some good, melodic Psy. To give you an idea, favourite album Alien Protein, favourite track Silence by OOOD (aLive version). The music on this CD is as follows:

Fenix (Han Solo Mix) - Lamat

Futurexock - Hypnoxock

Tron - SynSUN

The Creator - Toast3d

Powerfull - U-Recken

Star Travel - Digicult

Let The Music - Ananda Shake

Skycontact - Lani

Artificial Beings - Frenessy

From Other Spaces - Goasia

Sky Input - Filteria

Ultima Energica - RA

Ganesha Pramana - Khetzal (Too fast but brilliant when slowed to about 150 bpm).

Already bought a copy of Hyper Reality by Han Solo, Out Of This World by Digicult and Aquatic Serenade by U-Recken.

Thanks.

P.S. Anyone remember a track from about 1995 that sampled True Romance (Who are you? - I am the Anti-Christ, you got me in a vendetta kinda mood, etc) don't think it was Goa, just trance.

Welcome to the forum :)

well, we should relaly have a topic with the best of the post 2k releases divided by genres where we would add periodically new albums, so that everyone that comes here like yourself could easily see what is considered to be GREAT in many diff genres.

As you have realized, since 99 there was a massive diversification in genres and style that in my opinion was less prominent in the 90s, surely we had sub-genres back then too but now there are myriads. And genres tend to mix between themselves too.

Also we would need to know what is your taste because you listed discs that range from "full on" to "spiraling goa" and psytrance.

One good start, in my opinion would be to check out the whole catalog of Suntrip, Cronomi, DAT, Phototropic, Space Baby and of course Ektoplazm (website that distribute free music).

If you are into ambient i must recommend Altar, Ultimae, Sentimony, Gliese 581c

Here you can find some links to labels:

http://www.datrecords.it/dat/links/links.html

Then If you are into full on or darkpsy someone else may recomend you more stuff since i don't know much of that

Hi,

For Goa I recommend the two Synsun records on Phototropic:

• Full power of goa
  • Zelur project

Full on labels: DACRU records; NANO records...to name a few.

Don't forget to take a look at the review section of this site! :)

Hi,

Link to a modern GOA voting thread

There's shitloads of recommendation, "best of" and "top 5 or 10 this or that genre" threads littered in the psynews back-pages that generally repeat themselves over and over. Also look in the best of 2009 thread and I think there is a link to several of the previous years "best of" threads". And do as I do(to your own detriment) and read as many reviews as you can, over and over again, that's what they're there for. =P Posted Image

Jon

Hey there, welcome to the forums.

First of all, lots of good recommendations have already been made.

I'll just post a link to Basilisk's "Essentials" list. It's sorted chronologically, so this is a really good starting point.

http://www.ektoplazm.com/essentials

Secondly, you'll probably hear "Neogoa" recommendations most of the time, so I'll rather stick with some Full-On or Psy ones:

Artist, album title and a representative youtube track, in no particular order:

Bitkit - Necessary Illusions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejkKtY2cyZU

U-Recken - Deeper Into Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkjmwfLm9fQ

Atma - Secrets Of Meditation

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMD37dnXDEQ

VA - Metablast (Compiled by Aran Oren)

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u23YFu8VWXc

E.V.P - Holographic Consciousness

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnsQIZcyQs8

Psywalker - Inverted Vertigo

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncLnz3cwYSo

Astral Projection - Amen (Yes, I love it)

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DSAB4EQSHU

I'll continue if Ihave some time off work.

Thanks to everyone for their help, looks like I better book some time off work! :D

If you're interested in newschool goa trance or how i call it ''neogoa'' feel free to check this article:

http://www.huknet.hr/neogoa/neogoa.html

All important releases/labels and artists are mentioned and before you buy anything, you should also check reviews section, some guys there doing a great job ;)