Beast303 - Controlled EP

Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Beast303

Title: Controlled EP

Label: Underground Alien Factory Records (UAF)

Date: June, 2010

Tracklist:

01. Beast303 - Beast303 (6:32)

02. Beast303 - Zoo Logic (7:36)

03. Beast303 - White Leopard (7:00)

04. Beast303 - Pyro Acid (7:46)

05. Beast303 - Lady of the Water (8:13)

It is my hope that people are very aware of this netlabel because they are releasing a truckload of quality choonz. And you know what? They are all free. But don't discount it as amateurish for that reason because it most assuredly is not. They have released numerous EP's from artists like Sky Technology, Grand-Cheff, and PharaOm just to name a few. The sound is most definitely old school goa trance and they do it well. One of the best things about the label is their variety of goa trance style. Something for everyone.

Their latest offering is a 5 track EP from the man of a thousand aliases Filipe Santos. In a little bit of a change of direction, this EP is an acidic trance lover's dream. And as per usual, Filipe doesn't beat around the bush, but instead goes right for the throat. Aggressive 303 mania with crystal clear sounds. The screeching lead of the first track lets you know that you aren't in Kansas anymore. While that sets the tone for the EP, it isn't until you dig a little deeper that you discover where Filipe's talent really shines.

Zoo Logic begins with a tribal percussion and bubbly bass, but quickly turns into much more. The filters are unrestrained as the soft kick thumps in the background. Goa melodies swarm in a mixture of acid trance and 1995 India leaving only one option and that is to dance.

White Leopardcontinues the 303 chaos as it seems to get more and more bubbly. The bounce is there as the melodies reach ever higher. The flow is maintained and the energy never leaves.

Pyro-Acid has to be my favorite track. You can hear the 303 rumbling underfoot as the hi-hats chirp away. As he twists the cutoff knob the adrenaline begins to surge and all out chaos ensues! How do you not dance to this? At 5:30 a screaming, and I do mean screaming 303 demands you pay attention. Holy crap that is intense. I just listened to this track 3 times in a row. This is a nasty mother f***er!

Lady of the Water slows it down so you don't hemorrhage. Synths bubble below soft tones as melodies are created from nothing. The bass guides but doesn't interfere. It really is a mournful track, maybe speaking of what might have been. Smooth.

Well, what can you say, Filipe has done it again. He has come through with another ground breaking effort that combines the genres of acid and goa in a danceable masterpiece. This EP kicks in the door of the status quo of goa trance (which I love) and opens up all new possibilities for the genre to explore. Like the combination of Nitzo and goa trance this is a welcome exploration that I hope other artists will build upon. Great work as usual Filipe and kudos to Imba for getting artists to produce such fine works with your label.

Mdk

Thanks for much kind words and amazing review pal :D

We always expanding our goa styles, soon some melodic trance/goa, some unr nitzogoa from 90s, psy goa... also soon we will have first ambient EP! Will be informed on time ;)

Once again thanks!

Im thinking about Amithaba Buddha EP, long time no see them :lol: