Sheyba - Trance Africa Express Remixes - Release it on Ektoplazm ?

visine

I'll stay away of the drama that unfortunately unfolded.

If interested please read the locked "and the winner is" thread in the Artist/Label announcement section.

What I'm wondering is if there would be a possiblitiy of releasing the remixes as free downloads on Ektoplazm?

I realize Kris has only allowed people to share their remixes privately with friends and sites like youtube for general public, but no downloads

but what if they were all publicly released under Creative Commons license for a free download on Ektoplazm?

Hope Kris would be ok with that and Ektoplazm would be willing to do such a thing.

It would be a nice reward for all the artists involved and people would be able to get and listen to all of them in one package.

Hope this doesn't create any more drama.

What do you say Kris?

We already told what the artists can do and not do. I do not see any idea in debating this further. So to end this debate. It is a no.

It's really weird people do not respect a no but keep pushing it further.

We already told what the artists can do and not do. I do not see any idea in debating this further. So to end this debate. It is a no.

It's really weird people do not respect a no but keep pushing it further.

Alright, fair enough,no is a no and I accept you will not allow people to share their remixes this way.

Hope you won't mind providing your thoughts on my comments below (again no disrespect meant).

You are one of the few artists that embraces the free sharing of your work.

A bunch of your releases are freely available on your website and Ektoplazm.

I'm little surprised that you would not allow a release of remixes of your work to be available in the same medium as your original work and for no

apparent monetary gain.

And sure, maybe some of those remixes aren't the most innovative and you may not like

them as much, but let's be honest, today you probably don't think as highly of some of your early work as you did back in a day you released it, yet

you make it available (and I'm very grateful that you generously did so)

Again, no disrespect meant and I accept your decision.

Alright, fair enough,no is a no and I accept you will not allow people to share their remixes this way.

Hope you won't mind providing your thoughts on my comments below (again no disrespect meant).

You are one of the few artists that embraces the free sharing of your work.

A bunch of your releases are freely available on your website and Ektoplazm.

I'm little surprised that you would not allow a release of remixes of your work to be available in the same medium as your original work and for no

apparent monetary gain.

And sure, maybe some of those remixes aren't the most innovative and you may not like

them as much, but let's be honest, today you probably don't think as highly of some of your early work as you did back in a day you released it, yet

you make it available (and I'm very grateful that you generously did so)

Again, no disrespect meant and I accept your decision.

You seem to miss the point:

1. I am not alone in Sheyba. We are two people and also a record label behind in this canceled competition that would have resulted in a release backed up by a certain label who also have a saying AND a very strict release policy (which we 100% agree with) when it come to quality.

2. It's the Sheyba name that has to stand in front of the remixes. And some we simply do not think are good, others we do not share taste with. Just as any other label or artist you pick what you feel is right for your label/release and do not release music you do not like/feel for or share taste with.

3. It was a remix competition where the winner gets released. The artists entering the competition very well knew if they did not win they would not get released. That's the whole point of a remix competition. Yes now it's canceled but that does not change a thing.

What I do with my own material as Elysium/Wombatmusic is a very different thing.

Kristian

You seem to miss the point:

1. I am not alone in Sheyba. We are two people and also a record label behind in this canceled competition that would have resulted in a release backed up by a certain label who also have a saying AND a very strict release policy (which we 100% agree with) when it come to quality.

I thought you and Jean own the rights to the song. Are you saying Flying Rhino still owns it?

The idea put forward was to release it on Ektoplazm. Why would a label that doesn't plan to release remixes any more care (unless it is

indeed Flying Rhino that still owns the rights to the original and doesn't want remixes released elsewhere)?

I kind of got an impression that you're the boss and make major recommendations and decisions judging by certainty

of your language in the previous posts and topics :);)

2. It's the Sheyba name that has to stand in front of the remixes. And some we simply do not think are good, others we do not share taste with. Just as any other label or artist you pick what you feel is right for your label/release and do not release music you do not like/feel for or share taste with.

OK fair enough. You don't like it and don't want your name to be associated with it.

It's your right to do 100%.

However, know this.

Some of the people that made those remixes are 18 and 20 year olds that did let their emotions get the best of them in their exchange with you in that thread, but also all of them seem to have treasured the sound of Trance Africa Express.

Maybe you don't like the remixes, hell I don't like the one I heard either, but many people do.

These guys were paying you a tribute by remixing the track, however clumsy the result may be and you stood in a way of it being availabe in its

full glory after entire thing was cancelled.

It's this community that embraced you. You've produced progressive and house, but those were never your home.

You were never accepted there and recognized the way you were in this scene. If I walk to a House party and ask people

chances are noone has ever heard of Holm and Andersen, but if I go to a Goa party some people will probably know of Elysium or Sheyba.

Your actions and decisions are alienating you from the community that, like it or not, is your home.

3. It was a remix competition where the winner gets released. The artists entering the competition very well knew if they did not win they would not get released. That's the whole point of a remix competition. Yes now it's canceled but that does not change a thing.

You and Jean could have changed it. You just decided not to. Again, it's your right that needs to be respected.

However, you seem to be concerned with the image and stature of Sheyba name that the "bad" remixes might ruin.

If you are,consider the perceptions of Sheyba name in the scene now that it's all set and done.

I thought you and Jean own the rights to the song. Are you saying Flying Rhino still owns it?

The idea put forward was to release it on Ektoplazm. Why would a label that doesn't plan to release remixes any more care (unless it is

indeed Flying Rhino that still owns the rights to the original and doesn't want remixes released elsewhere)?

I kind of got an impression that you're the boss and make major recommendations and decisions judging by certainty

of your language in the previous posts and topics :);)

OK fair enough. You don't like it and don't want your name to be associated with it.

It's your right to do 100%.

However, know this.

Some of the people that made those remixes are 18 and 20 year olds that did let their emotions get the best of them in their exchange with you in that thread, but also all of them seem to have treasured the sound of Trance Africa Express.

Maybe you don't like the remixes, hell I don't like the one I heard either, but many people do.

These guys were paying you a tribute by remixing the track, however clumsy the result may be and you stood in a way of it being availabe in its

full glory after entire thing was cancelled.

It's this community that embraced you. You've produced progressive and house, but those were never your home.

You were never accepted there and recognized the way you were in this scene. If I walk to a House party and ask people

chances are noone has ever heard of Holm and Andersen, but if I go to a Goa party some people will probably know of Elysium or Sheyba.

Your actions and decisions are alienating you from the community that, like it or not, is your home.

You and Jean could have changed it. You just decided not to. Again, it's your right that needs to be respected.

However, you seem to be concerned with the image and stature of Sheyba name that the "bad" remixes might ruin.

If you are,consider the perceptions of Sheyba name in the scene now that it's all set and done.

This is getting a bit too silly. I never understood why I have to stand corrected for my decisions in this community. It's freaking my life and my decisions and no one have the right to tell me how to think and deal with things. If you dont like the way I do things fine but keep your nose out of my life thanks! I am dead tired of some people in this scene for always being so "political" correct (read: we are oh so special and you owe everything to us). And no I dont consider any scene my "home". I make music the way I like it without feeling i have an obligation to fit in or that i own anyone anything anymore. I have worked my a** off in the music business for more than 20 years and frankly i owe most of the results to my self and my own dedication and passion for the music more than anyone or anything else. Furthermore you only know Holm & Andersen but I have made way more successful releases in the House and Techno scene the last 4 years that you dont know the first thing about.

You are totally misguided if you think "the scene" is a forum with 30-40 die hard new school goa fans. Just as isratrance is far away from being "the scene " too. Most people in the scene never go to these forums and could care less about these forums and the, drama, badmouthing and rumors. And even if this was "the scene" I am not sure I would like to be part of it with such a purist non open-minded view on music that's not "goa".

Really I am sick and tired of this debate about our decision regarding the competition and now where it seem to take a turn pointing a bit more toward me as a person and my music in general, I am done! You people never seem to quit! I hope Mars will close this topic as he closed the other one. Enough is enough!

As a final thing it's quite funny that most of the artists in this competition has written to me in private and dont seem to mind the way things went. It's only here things are blown way out of proportion!

And this was really my last saying in this debate. We have made our final decision. Disco Hooligans (By the way they registered here to make their statement but has not been allowed to post here) will receive another deal with us. End of story! Live with it!

This is getting a bit too silly. I never understood why I have to stand corrected for my decisions in this community. It's freaking my life and my decisions and no one have the right to tell me how to think and deal with things. If you dont like the way I do things fine but keep your nose out of my life thanks!

Look, you said it many times. You are an artist that releases to the public.

You also interact with public in this forum. Therefore you'll get public's reaction.

I've clearly stated that your decisions need to be respected and they are your right.

I feel I'm entitled to comment as we are discussing this in a public forum.

It's unfortunate that you don't feel like discussing it any more and, again I will respect that, so unless you change your mind and want to discuss further, I'll make these my closing statements in this thread....no need to lock it.

Keep it Cool :);)

can we listen all of these 8 remixes somewhere?

Space Elves & Somnesia

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/58917-trance-africa-express/

radical Distortion

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/58919-trance-africa-express-radical-distortion-remix/

Grand Cheff

All that I know of.

can we listen all of these 8 remixes somewhere?

yes of course

Somnesia vs Space Elves : http://www.myspace.com/somnesia

Grand Cheff : http://www.myspace.com/grandcheff

Profetia : http://www.myspace.com/profetiatrance

Radical Distortion : http://radicaldistortion.com/

Dense Denso : http://soundcloud.com/densedenso/sheyba-trance-africa-express-dense-denso-rmx

Storyteller : http://soundcloud.com/storytellermusic/sheyba-trance-africa-express-storyteller-rmx

Noitarumpu : http://www.myspace.com/noitarumpu

Disco Holligans : not found?