What is the best way to clear voice samples?

Hi guys, I've been experimenting with voice samples from movies or other sources and I was wandering what is the best way to clear the sample? What effects do you recommend and what EQ parameters? I can EQ sample pretty well but I can still hear static (when I have lower quality sample), so what is the best way to mask this static noise?

Hi guys, I've been experimenting with voice samples from movies or other sources and I was wandering what is the best way to clear the sample? What effects do you recommend and what EQ parameters? I can EQ sample pretty well but I can still hear static (when I have lower quality sample), so what is the best way to mask this static noise?

Buy the dvd! Really, I compared a sample I made out of a youtube clip and compared it with the same sampled quote from the dvd I bought, and it's quite a difference. :) High quality audio is pretty rare on the internet.

Yeah but there are some voice samples that are not available on DVD or in high quality. Right now I am working on Terrence McKenna samples that I stumbled upon recently. I can make sample usable but it is far far away from quality that, for example, Simon Posford has on Shpongle tracks. I doubt that he had a DVD of McKenna's interviews :)

Right now I am working on Terrence McKenna samples that I stumbled upon recently.

Is it one of those really bad quality ones? That's kind of hard - I suggest trying to low-pass filter it to get some of the low bitrate crud out and try playing around with a peaking boost at different frequencies to see if you can make something jump out that helps the intelligibility after filtering out the high end.

High-pass filter it too. There's probably nothing going on down there you need.

try some effects that are aiming to get the noise, hum etc out.

Otherwise find a better sample. It should be out there somewhere. Or another option is to mangle the f**k out of it with other fxs so you filter, delay, phase, chorus it until you get a freaky sound that you like and you can still figure out the text somewhat.

Gotta say though that McKenna in trance is kinda 2006 :lol:

Thank you for your answers, I discovered Sonnox restauration VSTs and I will try them, and afterwards I'll try to mask any noise that is left with something.. @BlackStarrFinale: I didn't know that center channel is usually for voice. thank you for the tip :)