Info on this Goasia release

simorq

Anybody know anything about this eponymously-titled Goasia release, off Psychedlic Records?? (Here's the tracklist and cover art: Eastern Intro, Tribal Vision, Crossways, Scream, Clones, Voyager)

Posted Image

It's not on discogs or their own website (however, allmusic has it) and it sounds nothing like their stuff from their Suntrip album and from a comp called Purple Energy. In fact, I posted a thread on here a while back asking for recommendations similiar to Goasia and Jaia, and the reason was because I loved what I heard on this album, not their stuff on the Suntrip or comp. Is this, in fact a different artist?

What makes it so confusing is this album isn't available on emusic anymore (where I originally downloaded it; apparently they're confused as well) but two of the tracks emusic now has billed to a guy named Balint Tihamer on an album called Cinematic Themes for Film and TV- Volume 1 and if you google 'goasia soundtrack' there's some connection with Goasia and MTV. It's just really strange, because this album is like a total hodgepodge of non-trance styles (track 4 uses a jungle/break beat, etc.) combined with tracks 3 and 7, which are psy and are just superb and this album is so slept on...what's the deal? Was it part of some soundtrack or something?

Listen to tracks 3 and 7 on last.fm (too bad they don't have track 1 and ignore the stupid track 2) and you'll see what I'm talking about--DYNAMITE TRACKS, but is it Goasia? That's why this is so damn frustrating. Anybody following me?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, friends. Its actually Goasia project that you talking about. Same old Goasia that release on Suntrip and that will release 2bnd ablum in April on Kagdila.

That digital release on Psychedelic records contain very odl tracks from period of 2001-2004 when Goasia was solo project as Balint Tihamer. I really dont know why the owner of label and right on those tracks wait that much long to release them but thats not important at all anymore. All in all this is officially Goasia release which is published on the all official sites of Goasia.

Watch out for the new upcoming album and enjoy in samples on

http://www.goasia-project.com

http://www.myspace.com/goasiaproject