Lost Season 6

Lemmiwinks

They didn't call him Ricardo, they called him Richardus, which is latin... and he also spoke latin on a few occasions in the 5th season, and I suppose that a big Lost fan like yourself already knows that there has been a LOT of speculation on Richard being Egyptian ;)

Yeah Richardus sorry. (Although Jacob calls him Ricardo not Richardus).

About Richard's nationality there are more than 20 different theories out there.

From Spanish, to Italian, Tunisia, Hebrew even Greek. Being an Egyptian was never the strong one though since everyone knew that Richard came with the Black Rock which has nothing to do with Egypt.

e: most if not all of the Others speak Latin.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Richardus sorry. (Although Jacob calls him Ricardo not Richardus).

About Richard's nationality there are more than 20 different theories out there.

From Spanish, to Italian, Tunisia, Hebrew even Greek. Being an Egyptian was never the strong one though since everyone knew that Richard came with the Black Rock which has nothing to do with Egypt.

e: most if not all of the Others speak Latin.

Well I don't know, it seemed logical to me for Richard to be Egyptian since he seemed to have egyptian traits, and it would've explained the latin and egyptian references, and of course, they had ship slaves on roman boats so that's not that much of a far strech (even though then one would have to explain the English name for the boat). Ah well, as long as the plot untangles and leads to a convincing end I'm happy ;)

His spanish is too good for the actor to have any sort of egyptian origins. He looks caribbean actually, I wonder where he's from.

yes you are right amigo ;) Aparently the actor is of Cuban origin. BTW it just hit me the other day: Richard Alpert was actually a real person, a teacher at Harvard during the psychedellic 60s, he even wrote books with Tim Leary. I wonder if the producers of Lost will make some parellel between the Lost Richard and the real one.

How about that!

Not a big Lost geek myself, however his accent is a good match to today's canarian accent. Not 100% similar, but close enough to be believable, hats off to the script writers.

I always was of the impression that Ricardo had been in the island for far longer, however.

Richard Alpert is not the only character with a name similar to a famous person in history... what about John Locke? What about Faraday? And Hume? And Burke? Or maybe I'm thinking too much about this?

Wait, there's Rousseau too...

All philosophers, except for Faraday, who was a physicist.

Richard Alpert is not the only character with a name similar to a famous person in history... what about John Locke? What about Faraday? And Hume? And Burke? Or maybe I'm thinking too much about this?

Wait, there's Rousseau too...

All philosophers, except for Faraday, who was a physicist.

Well blimey I didn't even know that Locke was a real person... what about Benjamin Linus?

Anyway, what's this business about Jin drawing maps for the island? Where's this going to??? :blink:

Ep 11 was mothafukin brilliant!!! I take back all I've said, Lindelof is a genious!!!

This is all extremely thought provoking, and I guess anyone who's experienced altered states of consciousness can totally relate to it...

can someone explain the me the story on land? why was Desmond on the plane, while he was in the hatch in the island story? why do sawyer and miles know each other on land before sawyer goes to sidney, but not when they crash?

can someone explain the me the story on land? why was Desmond on the plane, while he was in the hatch in the island story? why do sawyer and miles know each other on land before sawyer goes to sidney, but not when they crash?

No-one can explain it any better, apart from saying it's an alternate time-line.

No-one can explain it any better, apart from saying it's an alternate time-line.

alright, so it did not spawn at the moment they were in the plane, which i thought was the case, but already way before that.

alright, so it did not spawn at the moment they were in the plane, which i thought was the case, but already way before that.

Well the incident took place back in 1977 so technically the alt timeline 'was born' then.

Well things happened the way they happened originally because Jacob influenced the carachters' lives to get to that point (you could see that in the last episode of the 5th season, Jacob would give Sawyer a pen to write the letter when he was a kid etc). The alternate reality that we are seeing now (with Sawyer a cop and Ben a teacher etc) is how their lives would've unfolded if Jacob didn't influence their destinies (at least that's how I explain it ;) )

Well things happened the way they happened originally because Jacob influenced the carachters' lives to get to that point (you could see that in the last episode of the 5th season, Jacob would give Sawyer a pen to write the letter when he was a kid etc). The alternate reality that we are seeing now (with Sawyer a cop and Ben a teacher etc) is how their lives would've unfolded if Jacob didn't influence their destinies (at least that's how I explain it ;) )

sounds plausible

goddamn all these questions in my head now... Was the well built at the same spot as the hatch used to be? Did Desmond really die? Is Michael an evil spirit or a good one? Why did Desmond run over Locke? I wish I had some device to accelerate time and see the next episode right now :)

My mate here thinks Clare's son is the smoke monster, which would make the smoke monster Jack's nephew, while I think the smoke monster is the island itself and in any case Hugo kicks arse and Jack and Kate (even though she's hot as, and then some) are so bland I'm glad they ain't having any lead role for now. I wish Sawyer had a more prominent role as he's always been the best character, with Locke, for me in the series.

And am still wondering, as the black dude reappeared last night, what happened with his son; loadsa fuss was made at the beginning about him and his superpowers. Methinks that's going to be a loose end in the series.

And am still wondering, as the black dude reappeared last night, what happened with his son; loadsa fuss was made at the beginning about him and his superpowers. Methinks that's going to be a loose end in the series.

Walt is living with his grandparents in the US, and thinks that his dad died as a hero when coming back to the island, I don't think we'll see him again, unless it's a minor appearance in the last episode. But what I really want to know is... WHERE'S VINCENT???

goddamn all these questions in my head now... Was the well built at the same spot as the hatch used to be?

Obviously not since the spot where the hatch was build still has the crater from the detonation of the safekey. I'm pretty sure thought that the well haves its secret...

Did Desmond really die?

No. In the next episode preview you can see him in the well alive.

Is Michael an evil spirit or a good one?

I guess a good one, but who knows with that guy.

Why did Desmond run over Locke?

The most common theory is that he needs to 'awaken' them. And in order to make them see the 'other' side they need to have a near death experience. We'll see.

I wish I had some device to accelerate time and see the next episode right now :)

Tell me about it.

But what I really want to know is... WHERE'S VINCENT???

Isn't he living with Bernard and Rose back in the 70's?

I miss the crazy dog.

• 4 weeks later...

Say what you will but I don't particularly enjoy the answers, they jumped the shark long ago and now it's just enforcing it imo. While still enjoyable and we do get answers, they just aren't something I looked for. I would have preferred if the mysteries would have been more scientific. Season 1 2 3 and 4, never forget though. Those were the days. :)

Say what you will but I don't particularly enjoy the answers, they jumped the shark long ago and now it's just enforcing it imo. While still enjoyable and we do get answers, they just aren't something I looked for. I would have preferred if the mysteries would have been more scientific. Season 1 2 3 and 4, never forget though. Those were the days. :)

Well yeah, but you know most/if all of the answers that introduced in Lost even from the beginning can't be explained with scientific terms.

I mean how to explain a sentient black smoke or an island moving or consciousness traveling etc. etc.

Yes you can use electromagnetism as they did, but we both know that just naming those stuff 'electromagnetic' phenomena doesn't make it scientific, does it?

For example in the last epidose the mother called the source 'the light' making many people angry, because it sounds like magical, mythical shit.

But the exact same thing the Dharma folks called it electromagnetic pocket. But it's the same thing, isn't it?

BTW: S5 was by far the best season of Lost IMO. :)