Lost Season 6

Lemmiwinks

Well schientific answers or not, the storytelling is AWESOME... that episode with Jacob and man in black as children, EPIC!! I actually stood speechless for 5 minutes after the end of the episode, pondering everything that just happened, that sure doesn't happen when you watch other series on tv ;) (and I totally forgot about that Adam and Eve thing BTW)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I don't know what to think about the Jacob-episode to be honest. Undoubtedly great to hear the background-story about Jacob, but was I the only one who though it was a bit too New Age and the acting was quite bad?

I watched Lost last night, I really liked it, actually.

Then I saw a dream. Dead locke was sucked in to a river of ice with a hole in the middle of it. Seconds later he emerged as power ranger and the text 'Power Ranger' came up. Honestly, I would like that twist. It was all a backstory to Power Rangers. Noone would see it coming...

or...

wtf is up with my dreams?

motherfuckers... only the series finale to go and still like a million unanswered questions...

We have plenty of minutes to get answers!

If someone tells me how it ends before I get to see it on monday, I'll fucking KILL them! :lol:

Stay away from everywhere, seriously. Don't open anything lost related.

You know how the ending of Harry Potter went.

If someone tells me how it ends before I get to see it on monday, I'll fucking KILL them! :lol:

oh great, I thought it was gonna air next tuesday but thanks to your remark I see it will air this sunday. Just 2 more days to go yiiihaaaa!!!!

oh my god...

It really touched me..

It also helps I'm an extremely sympathetic person. It all just clicked for me. The ending vindicated it all for me. Sure a ton of mysteries we're left un-answered, sure a ton of new questions arose, - and sure, I would want to find out more - but what it did do was to bring to to an utterly emotional closure of a full circle. If you emotionally invested in this story, like I did, I don't see how you would think it was bad. It was a drama show along with a thriller/mystery. Mystery and thrill is not what we need in the final, those are the themes that set up for a cliffhanger, this was purely about the characters and their lives. What they answered explain the most important segments; the questions left are only minor one's in the grand scheme of things in my opinion.

Not many movies, shows or stories have made me cry, but the lost ending, it's just so tragic and happy.

well Penzoline pretty much said it all... I mean, sure I could write pages complaining about the answers that Lindelof promised to reveal in the end and never came (THEY NEVER EXPLAINED THE LOTTERY NUMBERS!!!!!). And then there are the parts of the plot that are so unplausible that they border stupidity (they fixed a crashed jet with a screwdriver and some duct tape... WTF???). Still, in the end, the emotions were so strong that they simply make you forget all the other imperfections. And when all is said and done this still is the BEST series I've ever come across, period! I can only hope that someday something else will surpass it.

PS I also cried on that final scene... Vincent forever ;)

well Penzoline pretty much said it all... I mean, sure I could write pages complaining about the answers that Lindelof promised to reveal in the end and never came (THEY NEVER EXPLAINED THE LOTTERY NUMBERS!!!!!). And then there are the parts of the plot that are so unplausible that they border stupidity (they fixed a crashed jet with a screwdriver and some duct tape... WTF???). Still, in the end, the emotions were so strong that they simply make you forget all the other imperfections. And when all is said and done this still is the BEST series I've ever come across, period! I can only hope that someday something else will surpass it.

PS I also cried on that final scene... Vincent forever ;)

I love you man! :D

Seriously? I thought it was a really disappointing ending.

Really.

Disappointing.

I'm sorry guys. I'm happy that you dug it, but for me it felt like a cheap cop out. Goddamnit.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=amTScPbrFyM

A bit funny, although some of the questions have been answered :)

LOOOOL I guess I'm lucky I didn't watch reruns of the older series so I like forgot half of all those unanswered questions ;)

But yeah in the end you must realize that most of the wierd stuff in there was just made as mindfucks, stuff that make you go hmmm rather than actually have some meaning that would be revieled. And do you imagine what mastermind (or rather team of masterminds) it would take to make a coherent story ending explaining ALL those elements? I mean, the plot was full of patches already ;)

When Christian opened the door and the light came in then you realise that it was the best ending ever.

I cried like a baby btw.

Idk why, but the fact that Christian still had the white shoes really did it for me.

^Hahahaha.

Just in case someone hasn't season the finale yet, I'll wrap it in spoilertags.

Doesn't any single one of you who liked 'The End' hate the effect that none of the seemingly big and important mysteries were revealed? I just found this parallel limbo-situation so incredibly lame...

And also:

Why the Egyptian stuff? Why did the transfer of power from the mother (who was she anyway? And who was his real mother? What was that all about? Why were there 'rules'? How could Jakob leave the island to make people come there?) to Jakob have to be so ritual and in Latin and with wine? And when he transfered it to Jack it was ok with some mumbling and some water? And then all the way to Hugo with some muddy stuff and no sayings whatsoever? Why the polar bears? Why the pregnancy bullshit? Why did they steal Clare's child? Whatever happened to Walt who supposedly had really important powers? Why the hell did Desmond have to keep pressing all those numbers in the hatch? And WHY did a goddamn Atom Bomb go off and detonate the island, but all that happened was some weird timetravelling? Hadn't the island sunk in the end of season 5?

Oh yeah, why would the smoke-monster leaving the island be so bad? Everybody just kept repeating that, but in the episode where they explained his origins, he was just a little boy cheated by his mother and others around him. Not quite 'evil incarnate'.

Seriously, even if they didn't explain what the island represented or what it was, it still would've been nice to tie some ends... instead they just left the whole thing completely open. And also the fact that there was some really small group of people who all desperately needed to find each other (like there were no other people in their lives [especially for those who did indeed manage to leave the island] but found some of the series' characters completely redundant... etc.

Anyway. I just read a nice interpretation on IMDB on what the final series was supposed to represent and I kinda like that, but still, you can't base your whole series on all these mysteries and then leave most of them unclarified. Didn't work for me. :(