Problem with Frozen Ghost

Transgenic

This message goes to all psychedelic trance labels, promoters, djs and fans all around the world. It is intended solely for the purpose of warning all promoters around the world not to book this scam artist and letting all his fans know what kind of scum Frozen Ghost is. He did it to us; don’t let it happen to you. We have all the evidence needed and we will proceed legally.

Barry Lee Wynne a.k.a. Frozen Ghost is a criminal, a thief and a liar.

Glinzink Productions Mexico organized Frozen Ghost’s Mexico Tour for November/December 2009 but Barry decided to cancel the tour claiming that he had been diagnosed with lung disease and hospitalized.

Glinzink Productions handled everything professionally, at first through Barry’s manager Dave a.k.a Enough Weapons. A contract stating all the requirements for the tour was signed. We paid Barry 100% of his dj fee upfront and we also sent him 510 Euros for the Mexican Visa fees. All of this was sorted out many months in advance and everything seemed to be in order until Barry stopped answering our e-mails. Approximately one month before Barry’s first gig in Mexico, there was a communication breakdown between all parties involved. Barry blocked us on msn and started claiming that he didn’t have internet at home, so we started communicating via Skype. Communication was re-established for about two weeks, but afterwards it was a mission to get a hold of Barry because his manager started to avoid us, so he told us to contact Barry directly. When we were finally able to communicate with Barry only two weeks before his departure flight to Mexico, he told us that he didn’t have his visa yet, and that we had to buy him a plane ticket to Brazil, otherwise he was not coming. We finally sent him his plane ticket for Brazil, and just five days before his departure flight he contacted us claiming he was sick.

We believed him at first, but one week after the incident he posted on Facebook that he was going to play somewhere in South Africa, the same day that he was supposed to play in Leon, Mexico. We asked his manager for his phone number and he gave us an incorrect number, so we sent him a few e-mails, but he completely disregarded them. So after trying to sort out the situation with his manager, he sent us a signed contract stating that he was going to pay us back. It’s been more than one month and we haven’t received a penny, he completely ignores our e-mails, and he blocked us on msn. Now, we realized that Frozen Ghost has cancelled his Myspace and Facebook accounts, so we posted a few messages on the Disasterpeace Rec Facebook page asking for our money, but he deleted those messages and now he has sent us an e-mail threatening us.

So don’t trust Frozen Ghost or Disasterpeace Records, they are scam artists!

OK dude, look.

1) No need to use red/bold and use such a strong language in your title. I adapted that. Were reponsible of the content posted here towards the French law you know.

2) Isratrance related topic: http://forum.isratrance.com/where-is-frozen-ghost-return-the-money-you-stole/page3/

3) That's true there are lots of unreliable artists (and even more unreliable promoters) out there. We all have stories to tell, most are related to drugs and/or money. Whether we choose to disclose them or not is everyone's responsibility.

4) As Elysium said, you better have some grounding cause maybe the guy is really badly sick!! But maybe what you're trying to do is warn other promoters. Ok you did it. Now, despite all your frustration, which we can understand, you didn't have the right to insult anyone, neither to spam the board. I just cleaned up the mess. And you're banned. But I'm letting the topic open, unless it gets out of control.

5) The way the story is presented, the medical thing looks like an excuse for withdrawing. But I'm interested in knowing both sides of the story. So Frozen Ghost and his manager are kindly invited here to express their view in a polite manner. Not doing so would just tend to confirm Transgenic story, right?

Transgenic, puedes me escribir sobre mars@psynews.org si lo quieres. No intento a ahogar la discusion pero pienso que no lo haces de la mejor mañera. Aqui es una plaza publica y tenemos que prestarle atencion.

hey dude don't you think that's a bit radical? By doing that you're basically discouraging honest people from warning other honest people about someone dishonest... doesn't look very ethical to me...

The guy is a major spammer and his posts has been locked not only here. Furthermore he make use faul language and attack people who ask him to moderate his language and stop spread rumors when the 2nd part are not around to defend himself. Just imagine if Frozen Ghost indeed has cancer. Who knows!

I do not agree in banning people but I agree that the topic was closed. Especially when the 2nd part is not here to have his say!

And you are assuming he is honest? Out of what evidence? I can not assume anything when the 2nd part is not here with his version and especially not after seeing how he react.

The guy is a major spammer and his posts has been locked not only here. Furthermore he make use faul language and attack people who ask him to moderate his language and stop spread rumors when the 2nd part are not around to defend himself. Just imagine if Frozen Ghost indeed has cancer. Who knows!

I do not agree in banning people but I agree that the topic was closed. Especially when the 2nd part is not here to have his say!

well how can he have cancer if he is performing the same evening in South Africa? And from the Isratrance forum it seems that the Mexican organizer wasn't the only one having troubles with him. Anyway I guess it's not any of my business anyway and that I probably have better things to do on New Year's day... sorry for the spamming I guess I just miss the off topic days on psynews ;)

well how can he have cancer if he is performing the same evening in South Africa? And from the Isratrance forum it seems that the Mexican organizer wasn't the only one having troubles with him. Anyway I guess it's not any of my business anyway and that I probably have better things to do on New Year's day... sorry for the spamming I guess I just miss the off topic days on psynews ;)

Rumors spread so fast on the internet. Again because someone write something does not make it the whole truth. Especially not when the other part is not around to have his say ;)

As I said. Get the facts right before defending someone. That's why I told this Mexican Organizer to moderate his language (liar, thief, criminal etc.) and to stop spamming (He posted the same thing in two different forums here - the same as on other communities). And his reaction was to attack me like a 12 year old child would when they have no arguments.

I have long time ago learned that what I read on the internet, and on trance communities, has to be taken lightly. Because 70% is made up nonsense ;)

If I wanted to discourage him, I'd have erased this thread.

I banned him to learn him manners. Elysium was trying to tell him the above, to ask him get a little hindsight, and the guy replied with insults. You can't see it because I cleaned it up. I just applied the forum rules when you think about it.

Anyhow I didn't close the thread, and I'm still waiting for the other party to tell his part of the story!

Found this in the Isratrance topic:

Mexico and Brazil Tours Cancelled

My friends of the West

Sincere apologies to all of the promoters involved in the organizing of my tours of Mexico and Brazil as well as the party-goers who intended to support the events. I really appreciate all the hard work and effort involved in making these ventures possible. I was recently admitted to hospital with serious respiratory problems and have been advised not to risk any further damage to my health.

Don’t believe any rumors which may be floating around as they aren’t true. Nobody is at fault, this is just one unfortunate circumstance and I still look forward to performing in these countries in the near future.

Regards,

Barry

Frozen Ghost

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:al2H28zXaZkJ:blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm%3Ffuseaction%3Dblog.view%26friendId%3D147443816%26blogId%3D520019284+frozenghost+Mexico+and+Brazil+Tours+Cancelled&cd=1&hl=es&ct=clnk&gl=mx

Of course that doesn't legitimate the stolen money...

I think both sides seem somewhat fishy.

As for the contract, it was said to be cleared out "many months in advance"? Why? Why was the money (and apparently all of it!) sent so much time in advance? This is illogical. Not only is this insecure (as you have the risk that the artist makes a run with it as it apparently happened in this case), you are also losing money for the months the money is not residing on your bank account (since you are not getting paid interests)! This simply sounds fishy.

Also, none of the arguments are proven. We just have one version; I encourage you to convince the other side to step up and defend themselves in a serious discussion! Then we will see what this really is about!

Frozen Ghost on the other hand really cancelled his Myspace account. Why would he if he had nothing to fear? And he or his manager apparently do nothing to defend themselves? I mean, even if he's ill, the manager could at least post some message or care about the money being returned.

I can understand people being enraged, using srong language, posting on all forums and such if really some unjust shit has happened ... but it's just not right to use wild accusations and diss people if you have no proof...

If your money got stolen, perform the necessary legal actions to prevent the guy from escaping once he enters the country.

And to avoid stress, never ever pay all of the artists fee in advance again! Pay only the flight ticket in advance (or add 25% if you trust the people or if they require it), the rest you give him after the gig!

Pay only the flight ticket in advance (or add 25% if you trust the people or if they require it), the rest you give him after the gig!

I would never travel to the other side of the world without at least 50% in advance paid at least one month prior to the departure (I need to be able to get other bookings if the organizer does not live up to the agreement), which by the way. is standard advance. Its simply too risky!

Those Organizers who refuse to pay in advance are not serious in my book and I would never work with them.

• 4 weeks later...

I would never travel to the other side of the world without at least 50% in advance paid at least one month prior to the departure (I need to be able to get other bookings if the organizer does not live up to the agreement), which by the way. is standard advance. Its simply too risky!

Those Organizers who refuse to pay in advance are not serious in my book and I would never work with them.

Hmmm, you're actually right. Let's not forget there are dodgy organizers aswell who don't pay in the end...

So maybe that was a bit of a stupid advice of mine.

But what to do then?