That high-frequency killer synth in AP - Black & White

Does anyone know which synth Astral Projection are using in their track 'Black & White'? It's present throughout the entire track, a very high-frequency synth, with a very 'playful' melody. You can hear it almost alone at the end of the track . Very powerful in its texture, it's definately something hardware. But what exactly? A Juno? Virus? :D

Edit: Actually, there's 2 synths. But they seem to be fighting each other thrughout the track. Very cool.

It sounds like you're talking about the one that plays the main melody. That's a good question - their equipment list is huge, but who knows how much of that list they had in 95/96. I'm inclined to say it's not a Virus or any other VA. I think it sounds Rolandy so I'm going to say a Juno.

It's really nothing special, you could make that sound with any subtractive synth.

I don't hear a 303 anywhere in that song.

Well if he means the melody (which you can hear clearly at the break at 2:43) then it SOUNDS like acid, with some nice effects over it. But that's just speculation.

I think it sounds Rolandy so I'm going to say a Juno.

It's really nothing special, you could make that sound with any subtractive synth.

I think so too ^^

Here, I made a short extract:

MP3 Extract

If a VSTi can make a sound like that I would like to know which one!  :D

But I guess with some tweaking Zebra or maybe Surge could do something like that.

For a good analog feel you've got to try Z3ta and sylenth1. Z3ta has some really good presets, like jupiter leads and basses, oldschool pads, .. All you need is there :)

Here, I made a short extract:

MP3 Extract

If a VSTi can make a sound like that I would like to know which one!  :D

But I guess with some tweaking Zebra or maybe Surge could do something like that.

I think the synth is also distorted, and definitely has some echo, so you have to factor that in.