Psyshop charts

Ormion

Do you think that they will stop selling stuff cause it is not Psy enough? Remember that it is in their interest to sell and make money, and therefor, it does not matter if it derives from the original idea of the site. Maybe they should change name of the site, but that makes little sense either. So, until we are less "genre focused", we have to live with the fact that stuff that is not PSY will be sold on PsyShop :) Yeah, and it might be sad for some people that some NON PSY releases are in the top sellers, but thats just how it is, and I can only suggest that you LIVE WITH IT! :lol:

Don't worry I will survive! :D

After all I don't buy from Psyshop, so burn them down! :lol:

Well you both got me wrong here. Of course I believe that Prog is a psytrance subgenre. This is why I said that Ace Ventura is psytrance. I can also understand acts that once was a psytrance group but not anymore (like Ticon) being on that list.

But Neelix? Or the 1001 Flights comp? That's not progressive psytrance, not even progressive trance.

Remember the Peter Gun (or something) debut album? Psyshop promoted it although it was a tech house. It seems that Psyshop has a big profit from this kind of releases.

And it's kinda strange a psyshop to sell so many non psy cds (and especially vinyls).

That is all :)

well like I said, I don't know all the names, I guess there's no real use in continuing this discussion until I actually listen to the artists you mention (and that I don't know). But I'm guessing that ALL artists sold by psyshop are related to psytrance in one way or another? Either they used to make psy, or are promoted by psy DJs, or have a style similar to some psy (mainly thinking about tribal stuff with nature samples and all) etc...

fixed

Nah, cause I hear more people than you complaining about it... And I have to say -"Why complain, when you can get what you want!" :D It's not like they stopped selling Psy Trance, they just broadened their scope, thats all. :)

Nah, cause I hear more people than you complaining about it... And I have to say -"Why complain, when you can get what you want!" :D It's not like they stopped selling Psy Trance, they just broadened their scope, thats all. :)

Yes, and their not really selling anything too crap non psy wise, so no problem.

Are you saying that Psyshop does that on purpose? From a financial point of view that simply doesn't make sense. Psyshop is a company made to make money - then why on earth would they stock less of a batch of CD's, when they know they are going to sell? It's probably the fault of the distribution instead.

Distribution can often be a problem, but at risk of sounding simply like a bitter artist and label guy, we tried in good faith for nearly five years to get something going with them to no avail. Maybe the low stocking numbers of some releases are not on purpose directly for their part, but from first hand experience Psyshop has some seriously weak support and business practices for both customers and labels. When we started PAR-2 we tried for well over three years to establish some kind of sales relationship with them and never once received any sort of response. No "sorry we aren't interested", no "we prefer to work directly with distributors", no "sorry, no new labels" nothing but dead silence. Finally on the build up to the release of Mainspring Motion, where we had spent a fairly serious chunk of cash on advertising in free trance mags they were distributing they suddenly replied with a "Sure we are interested, send us some promo copies". Copies sent. A couple of weeks pass with no word so I contact them again to which they claim "We never got them" so I send another set of promos of our releases to that point. This time months pass, no response to any attempt at contact to see if they arrived. Finally they did reply with basically another one line email saying again "never got them" with an additional "but not interested anyway". Now it seems like they, understandably to some degree, prefer to work with major distribution companies, but if this is indeed the case, just flat out say so like a number of other shops politely informed us was the case, rather than just ignoring any and all contact unless it suddenly sounds like their might be some money behind it. Anyways, between all this and some kind of shady things they have done with a couple of my orders as a customer in the past, Psyshop has long since earned the number one place on my personal list of worst shops on the internet as far as service is concerned.

Saiko Sounds, on the other hand, as always been the model of good business, both as a customer and a label. Quick friendly contact, helpful with questions, etc.

I have never liked Psyshop, terrible customer service. Sure they are fine until they make a mistake, then they wont admit it's their error or just ignore you. Saiko on the other hand just instantly correct it. Much better IMO. Clicking that link in the first post was the first time I have been there in a long long time. Whatever they stock doesn't bother me as I will never buy from them anyway ;)