RIAA

I remember that story. At face value, I think it sounds more reasonable than individual lawsuits. Who knows how it will be in practice, but at least it's a possibility for a more reasonable attitude.

It won't do any more or any less to curb file sharing, and no solution I've heard yet has any chance of changing certain people's sense of entitlement that leads to the "I deserve to get as much free shit as I can" attitude.

What gets me is that its not even at government level! Its private market that can do what ever they want with you, if they suspect you! That is no better than Maffia really! :lol: It is going way too far. One more reason to boycott institutions like RIAA, MCPS and STIM :D

What gets me is that its not even at government level! Its private market that can do what ever they want with you, if they suspect you! That is no better than Maffia really! :lol: It is going way too far. One more reason to boycott institutions like RIAA, MCPS and STIM :D

that's quite true ... there is no law backing this up...

and lawsuits and stupid practices can't be the answer to the current market situation, I don't support these practices either.

but the CD sales really might be in troubled times now (due to financial crisis maybe?) ... they've put up two huuuge ad posters entitled "CD, the all inclusive music" and such practically right in front of my house. Every time I go out I see the huge CD ad. I mean, wtf. They really must be down low if they're already trying this...

>by the way, here is an article about that campaign (in german): http://futurezone.orf.at/stories/1501891/

but what to do now? continuing the stealing won't make the problem go away either.

• 1 month later...

How about they just give up and close up shop... seriously.

What do these companies do? What was their purpose and business model?

Distribution.

Aren't they a bit obsolete with the advent of the Internet...?

And if people are making music for wealth and fame, they've lost their way.