youma - centipede

fluffymushi

Very cool track, fluff. I love how you manage to keep thing deceptively simple and transparent, and how you walk that fine line between synthetic and organic. Really cool beat and bassline. It had me bobbing and grooving from the start, all the way to the perfect ending. :D

So, a fluff track. Had to have a listen to this one, I have to say :P

About the track, its dark, but not fast, so I like that! I dont know but sometimes after every 16 beats it skips like there was a sync error or something in the bassdrum, pretty annoying. (Looping wrong? Encoding?!). Bassline is pretty cool, and goes well with the bassdrum. The first breakdown is very smartly done, but I get the feeling that the last breakdown (the slowdown) was made a bit half hearted, and only to finish the track. That thing in my humble opinion needs to be more smooth.

The over all atmosphere of the track is totally in my liking, and if the beat skip would not there, I would definetly want to spin it in a set :)

7/10

:)

thanks for the comments guys, muchos appreciados Posted Image

& you got me on that big breakdown nemo :D it's where i quickly wrapped things up to continue later on q:

the beatskips yeh, i only notice them vaguely in the beginning (in the wav aswell) so i reckon there's a sound that goes to high & cuts out beats because of the overall limiter :ph34r:

Cool track, nice dark sounds(software???)

But i do think there's something wrong with the bass OR the compression/limiting, it's like it cutoff when the noizy/scratchy sounds play together with the kick/bass... I don't see the problem Nemo is talking about though, at least not on my speakers :)

Cool track, nice dark sounds(software???)

basic FL8 with added vanguard & glitch :)

But i do think there's something wrong with the bass OR the compression/limiting, it's like it cutoff when the noizy/scratchy sounds play together with the kick/bass...

it's a limiting thing, i'd need to cut down some samples here & there to fix that but so far i dont really mind that glitch :P