Psytrance Marketing

needle ninja

Tell them to fuck off & play what you want. If they don't get it just tell them they are not intelligent enough to understand it. You'd be amazed how many morons this will bring round or at least shut up. The Emperor's new clothes works all the time 60% of the time :ph34r:

Ugh. Those people make me mad. People are so ignorant when it comes to music. Music IS noise, but shaped into some kind of rhythm. You should tell them to stick their heads up their asses.

Heh, I just noticed these replies :) Earlier this week I was playing Hol Baumann's '[Human]' ('Radio Bombay' with the ethnic female samples) to one of them who was puzzled anyone would want to spend so much on music. She promptly shouted 'This is Paki music!' and stormed out of the room when the vocals started up :unsure:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, I just noticed these replies :) Earlier this week I was playing Hol Baumann's '[Human]' ('Radio Bombay' with the ethnic female samples) to one of them who was puzzled anyone would want to spend so much on music. She promptly shouted 'This is Paki music!' and stormed out of the room when the vocals started up :unsure:

She sounds like a lovely girl :wank:

Psytrance seem to spreading locally through contries such as Germany, Holland and Belgium. Sadly us "danes" never see much psytrance.

I've personally raided every musicstore i could find in search of psytrance tunes, but sadly it seems all in vain. I share the same experience of trying to find some cool cds.

Many times i've tried to ask the salespersons if they had any psytrance cd's but i always seem to get that raised eyebrow and a questioning look. :unsure:

I try to mention some words that might remind them of what i'm looking for.

I mention "Goa" and they direct me to world-Ethnic music from india... i sigh qietly and say "trance" and they redirect me to the commercial electronic music rack where one might find: Tiesto and artists such as him - not to mention the dreaded eurotra(sh)nce

Luckily our libraries offer a great selection of good electronica, but again... no psytrance besides the commercial full on, that has labeled itself as Psytrance when its rather pop.

but lately i think that the music is on the rise, i see more and more psy trance cds on the rack of the larger recordshops. but its all commercial artists such as IM and Skazi... but its a start.

Parties seems scarce but a few times a year; psytrance parties are held... but its pretty much underground. <_<

again i've tried to play music to my friends, ex girlfriends (thats problably why they left me :lol:) and family members... But i find no people with the same taste as myself, sad indeed.

I will look forward to the day that psytrance is more accepted and i hope for the future to bring many new listeners to the genre.

one thing we all seem to have in common is the "isolation feeling" when nobody around us listens to the same music as we do. :drama:

She sounds like a lovely girl :wank:

:rolleyes: she is actually, racism aside. It's actually stupidly annoying because I find that I have to almost ignore the racist undertones if I want to live and work around these people, there being next to no people in this area that are not hugely racist. I have tried to argue with them and force them to see how absolutely bastard-like and shitty and completely uncalled for their racism tends to be but it's so deeply ingrained it's almost a knee jerk reaction. She did sortof apologise in a roundabout way later when we were analysing the reasons she may have come out with such garbage though.

one thing we all seem to have in common is the "isolation feeling" when nobody around us listens to the same music as we do. :drama:

A very old friend who has supposedly finished a sound enginering course was round my house the other day and he simply wont give it the time of day. He calls it 'boom boom headache music' and when I try to explain to him that a lot of the stuff that isn't commercial is not at all just boom boom boom and actually more like flowing pieces of art etc etc he just shut off <_< Generally I find that my friends have a certain perception of what psy (or even just electronic music in general) is and cut themselves off from being able to enjoy it. Perhaps it's because they usually hear it at clubs with the volume pumped all the way up to ground shuddering proportions. Plus I think many are obsessed with the idea that listenable music has to have lyrics to really be called music.