Innovative psy from 2002-2008?

Mindbender

I guess what is psychedelic depends a lot on the person you ask. I found this not only awesome and fresh, but also psychedelic (fed my imagination). Sometimes too much of everything leaves no space for yourself. Less can be more. But I also like stuff that's choke-full. Question of balance.

I agree with you 100% :) Maybe i was putting it out wrong, what i meant is that it's not "psytrance" psychedelic(since he was looking for innovative psytrance) And this is a mix of genres :)

Psyknights - A Faint Light From the Dark (2006) is a really good one IMO, it doesn't have typical *boom boom boom* drums and rolling basslines, and it sort of reminds me of old Infected Mushroom. The Haltya album is a good one too (already been mentioned), very funky psy.

I wouldn't consider anything in recent years completely innovative though. Yes there have been some new ideas but there is only so much you can do with psytrance before it is no longer psytrance. The main "innovations" I've seen is combining elements from other electronic genres with psytrance.

Thank you all for your replies! I did check samples of ALL the trance you recommended. Time for buying chill / breaks / IDM is later (though soon). Thanks for the info anyway - it will be helpful then.

The stuff I liked a lot:

Nystagmus - The Immaculate Percetion (especially the track Ananda. Among the best stuff I've heard EVER. Pure aural orgasm! Thanks frozen dream! Is there anything else like this someone could think of?)

Sattel Battle - Sounds Cool (especially the track 'Sounds Good')

Principles of Flight - Night Time Lullabyes

Artifakt - The Magus

Menog - Emotion

VA - No Tone Unstirred

VA - Schizm

Hiyarat - Collision

Thanks again! And feel free to keep them coming!

Talpa