Top 5 Unknown Artists\Gropus

Guest Protex Midget

How about that? what's ya favorite unknown (relativley Unknown) artists Groups?

For Me: (in no particular order)

- Eqked

- Phosphene

- Opsis

- Dwe Eins Punkt

- Vashiyas

damn right their unknown - to me atleast ! What styles are the above ?

bomble

-Cosma (Isralien ?)

probaly getting more known, just released and album, and their are getting some pr here in denmark, they are warming up for Astral P.

-Morkoff (Denmark)

Hopefully getting a contract soon, he makes energectic groove psy trance, a real talent, with professionel skills.

-Fundeela & Mosez (German & Dansih)

These two make hard pumping minimalistic trance, with a very powerfull sound image, theyre samples are some of the best around, very original and very spacey)

-Dereinspunkt (German)

I´ve heard several DerEinsPunkt tracks, some sounded old, but there was one i´ve heard, that was a dancefloor killer, very soft, and very nice groove, offcause i cant remeber the track name but.. it´ll come up

Guest Protex Midget

I guess i should give some style info on my choices, so..........

- Eqked - Psychedelic morning trance (quite full on, but non-melodic)

- Phosphene - Scary, Night-time trance

- Opsis - Minimal

- Der Eins Punkt - Wicked Night Time Stuff (not minimal, but not full-on either)

- Vashiyas - Similar to Der Eins Punkt

All these groups i've mentioned, are not amateur groups. These guys are pro, and they kick ass!!! They also have released some music (Check out Beatport One compilation on Jum Jam Records)

Are we talking about artist/groups you find in these pseudo Goa/psy compilation in your local supermaket or what ??

Because in this case any wanker with a bit of equipment can do a goa /psy track ( even on the PS2) ..

Everyone is gonna tell about his friend /cousin in their respective country...no come on guys leave that to people who know what they're doing and not trying to immitate this or that..

.it's like in every music ( hard rock / hip hop) you've the right thing and the ones who try to do the same...

sat

dont you think there are talents out there that havent been signed yet ?

And so what if people are making tracks at home using a tracker ?

everybody has to start some where :)

and it doesnt matter how ...

Guest Slidingtrancer

There are people I know who make incredible music and should be signed rightaway, but they just haven't been lucky...

Especially in non-psytrance countries ( where psytrance barely has a name, for instance some places in the US or Canada for that matter) it would be hard to get signed. Even if there was ONE label there, it has to invest in young artists and might be more interested in getting 'settled' names. In a country like my own( Holland) I think its hard to get signed.

There are labels and there is a party-scene going on, but apart from Boom! I guess its all cheezetrance or really 'underground'. I think labels should listen to various demos before deciding whether or not to sign an artist. Just look at the songs pro-artists make, I don't like ALL of em, just a few.... and some artists even changed their style completely over the years ( IM)

I like Psylent Buddhi's stuff very much :D

Guest Canisaris

FREAKADELLE - very hard bassline with funky soul elements

SHANTI CHOR - minimalistic vocal melodies

TIM TOLL - phantasy sounds with guitars

HARDCORE HEARTBREAKER - music that gets under your skin

DREAM TEAM - happy teenie trance music with voicebreaks

check it out :-)~

Guest CrusadeR

don't know really about my top 5.. but i would say Talpa is here :)

and about info:

Eqked - [Yugoslavia]

- Progressive/minimalistic

H4v0c - [Yugoslavia]

- old style goa

Guest Protex Midget

Hey Clone, listen to a few tracks by Eqked and you will see that they are far from minimalistic. Example: Eqked - Decade Glitch. If that's minimalistic.......