RA - 9th

frozen dream

Guest Cosmogenesis

That album is an Atomic Bomb!!! 9th is the perfect definition of the trance goa new school ^_^

Please Suntrip, told me that RA will produce a new album :clapping:

Yes, Christophe, I want more me too!! 2 or 3 other albums from RA and I reach the Seventh Sky for good!! :D

As mentioned, this album is pure brilliance of genuine goa trance music. Nothing more to add.

100% Goa.

and great reviews, guys. *thumbs up*

Posted Image

Landed in the mailbox this morning, been listening since then while skipping turns with preparing my tracks for my own first live set this saturday.

Another significant release so it seems, the return of the old masters.

Well, I have my own preference in style 'n stuff, but i always try to keep it objective enough.

So let's go for RA - 9th, a fluid psychedelic trip.

Intro 1:21

Sets a dark mood, bulking voice, very cinematic, egyptian and impressive!!

Octagon 7:48

Here we are! Slowly we fade into this mysterious piece of trance with all the RA elements, feels good. Fat textures and crunchy pads.

The song keeps it's distinguished oriental feel down to the end.

Predator 7:58

This one I remember from the previews. Didn't think much of it but it surely isn't a bad track in any way. Happy times, a bit too happy maybe. Light on the digest. Still good melodywork but a bit too instantly forgetable maybe. A part from the somewhat overfluffiness, a very good track.

Other Self 8:54

The first one for me to breath the old Ra 100%. Lots of layers, oriental, mysterious. The strings. This one rolls on to become a very deep and mesmerizing tune. Deep space drones and floating pads make up the scene here. The typical Ra sound!!

Ultima Energica 7:41

More trippyness. Fast bassriff skids on, pads twirl. Excellent dancefloor stuff. Again the typical Ra sound and feel. Egyptian and oriental. Fast atmo and many crazy vibes. Indeedy Ultima Energica, the strongest dance track on this album.

Time Current 8:13

A lighter intro is welcome after Ultima Energica, and even better, a whole lighter track. Lucid melodies, even clubby even. This track has definitely a clubby edge. But a good one! Uplifting squares dance around and there's that signature sound. This will surely become the key track on this album. The melody is instantly recognisable and very sticky. A kind of goa/trance/club spin-off and still nice to listen. Good work! If i'm not mistaken this was the piece called 'Sytrus' no?

Spirit Complex 9:04

Another sweeping oriental mover. Comes on slower and more cinematic. Nice eastern synthsounds. Great how these guys build such a complete atmosphere with so little sounds. Steadily trances on to the break, and then some fat great synth riff. Love it how it keeps going higher and higher! No crazy layers here, but the simple essence of beautiful goa trance!

Transcendent 9:13

Gently slides in, deep bassriff, scary pads, mysterious and trippy atmo. Solid engineering. Strings change the feel. A short break, rebuilds itself to a steady piece of trippy goa trance. Very full, magical atmo. Then a repetitive riff. Hypnosis begins. Very entrancing but then an unsuspected key change. Interesting to hear. Moves around a bit, light, dark. Can't decide on an atmo and then comes the beat. Takes back it's flow into oriental strings and trippy synth pads. Light melodies and a deep, entrancing bassline. Builds and builds, grows and grows, Trance goes deeper and wider, then the wave breaks and slows down... hmm not too fond of this tempo fade outro... kinda weirda.. still good track!

Expand Consciousness 7:04

More Egyptian-ness. This time we're in the sarcophagus of Tutanchamon! :drama: Great portamento on the first main synth. Love how it glides. Slower tempo, same trippyness! Excellent riffs. It's hard to call this morning since it always tends to be egyptian/oriental but the feel it gives is combined for me. Makes me think of morning trance, makes me think of ethnical influenced music. It's the perfect fusion of both! Various short breaks give rests in between the massive egyptian melodies. Sweet, beautiful and entrancing!

Light Receiver 8:20

Voices haunt the air, typical eastern string pad. Breakbeats and shimmering melodies. Like a sad song for the forgotten souls, tip-toeing on the edge of happiness and sadness. Then more chilled breaks play. Flutes, voices, synths, it all molds to one here. Nice touches everywhere. Real storytelling. Very beautiful evolution in this track.

Then a very special ending piece with vocals. Great ambience!!! Like an old movie or something. Something you remember from somewhere but can't determine it exactly. Always Trust.

There we are. A scorching sun, endless dunes and desert plains and countless tombes later, we arrive in the oasis of the aftertaste of this album. Not so varied in general, but very varied within their own style! A very coherent album with a solid concept. Another timeless masterpiece to become!

Look into the light and see All that is RA!

favs: 1,2,4,5,7,8

8/10

kinda funny, your vote on discogs is 1/5; why; your review says at least 4/5; what is already actually 1 point to little for this CD :)

man, i love this CD; I told Jos this was what i was waiting for a whole year, and it is!!!! man, shit, crap, good!!! day 5 it is on here, still not tired!

well i was trying to find out where you could see the vote... no luck so far :rolleyes: but apparently you guys know how to... <_<

well, everyone can see everyones vote on discogs so far as I know? This always was like that... So you review an album, say it is very good, rate it 1/5 after the review on discogs and say this is a test... ok... That makes sense and makes your review very believable... :rolleyes:

well i was trying to find out where you could see the vote... no luck so far :rolleyes: but apparently you guys know how to... <_<

Eh.. You don't know how to see the vote? You already set a rating of 1 out of 5, lowering the average to 4,8 :P

http://www.discogs.com/release/ratings/1335266

This album is quite special for me, as Christer and Lars have put a lot of effort and soul into it. I have had the privilege of listening to its development from unfinished sketches to the wonderful end-result. After listening to goa and psychedelic trance for some 15 years now. With a few notable exceptions (hi Twisted records) almost no new music really tickles my spine like the old classics did. But this album has track after track with pure melodic trance joy, and my hair rises on several occasions.

It is great to see so many others picking this one up and thinking the same thoughts! :)

well, everyone can see everyones vote on discogs so far as I know? This always was like that... So you review an album, say it is very good, rate it 1/5 after the review on discogs and say this is a test... ok... That makes sense and makes your review very believable... :rolleyes:

myes, seems that now everyone can just vote on discogs; didn't it used to be different?

i think voting needs to be taken a bit more serious, even when not liking this cd, it seems a good cd, quality, sound, story, layers, all very good, even if you are not into goa you can see/hear this; sorry, really bothers me this 1/5; seems unfair to the hard 3 year work these guys did! they deserve better, i think if you give it a 1/5 you should just dispose of it and delete that vote...reviewing like this and voting like that, seems like a frustrating; haha...any how, freedom of speech i guess, well i just gave mine too ;)

yea

Eh.. You don't know how to see the vote? You already set a rating of 1 out of 5, lowering the average to 4,8 :P

http://www.discogs.com/release/ratings/1335266

that was actually funny, i was looking all the links in the right tab and looking and clicking, not noticing the 24 votes link :P

yea

that was actually funny, i was looking all the links in the right tab and looking and clicking, not noticing the 24 votes link :P

ok, so... Now that you know that, you are still not thinking of giving it the rates of your review? or was the review a fake...? Sometimes I don't get goa people...

Anoebis,

Do I ask much if I ask what SUNCD11 will be ? :ph34r:

Feel free deleting this post after your answer, if any .

Last off topic one, as a moderator I should give the good example, héhé :)

Anyway, OR Merr0w, OR new style Filteria, depending on who's ready first :)

Guest antic

big brother saw all i was doing so i had no other choice... :(

monitoring devices... :(:(:(

So you really think it's OK you rated it here 4/5 and 1/5 on discogs?! :unsure::huh:

It's fart from 5/5 IMO, but I'll hold my review / votes untill I get more familiar with it...

It's fart from 5/5 IMO, but I'll hold my review / votes untill I get more familiar with it...

+1

First listen sounds very good, but I'm not THAT hyped about it. We'll see.

So you really think it's OK you rated it here 4/5 and 1/5 on discogs?! :unsure::huh:

he dud, i can mek a joke right

jus like you with the fart :lol:

back on topic ;)

RA – 9th

Suntrip Records

Posted Image

1. Intro

2. Octagon

3. Predator

4. Other Self

5. Ultima Energica

6. Time Current

7. Spirit Complex

8. Transcendent

9. Expand Consciousness

10. Light Receiver

Suntrip is known for selecting its releases carefully and amaze the dancefloors.

This time again, no compromise on quality. Christer Borge Lunde set some of the Goa Trance genre milestones, as part of the famous group Dimension5, or in more personal projects (RA, Electron Wave). With his team-mate Lars W. Lind, they offer us an enlightening story, a subtle dreamy adventure across eastern melodic ambiences. This album was 2 years in the making and artists were let as much time as needed for an exhilarating release, which explains this Suncd07 is out after Suncd10.

Right before the summer, a colorful release, contrasting with galore mainstream-unsurprising releases all around. Here is the chance to rediscover the pleasures of real melodic psytrance with modern production.

review,

We all know RA from sideprojects mentioned above and still thank him for making one of the last melodic goatrance albums back in 2001 when psychedelic trance was becoming mainstream instead of goatrance and full melodic waves faded away for many years. With this new release called the 9th, RA proves again to release a concept in a time period that we haven't seen for a long time. Although many suntrip releases and other new skool releases have been keeping the goatrance spirit alive this album is different compared to other new skool projects. Better or less is not the case. Different; because it has no modern influences at all. As far as the amazing mastering this album contains this could be perfectly released in 1997 and classified as an top notch goatrance album. The most exciting part of it, that from all "fresh goatrance" releases we heard this one is pure morning trance... The typical one layer trance (home listening experience of course) like california sunshine, dimension 5, future prophecy etc... is what you get. RA uses it's unique sound but doesn't exaggerate it or explode it... This is very subtle, wave to wave, spiral to spiral pattern. The baseline is goatrance 1998, the kick not that doff like most < 1997 releases but provides us a motivated baseline. It has been done before, of course it is, it's 100% goatrance, considering it's morning trance the level of psychedelic is lower compared to what we are used to these days. But that is just what morning trance is all about. Euphorically moments with a crystal clear sounds that remind you of the sun. You have too search the variations is small corners and directions. RA uses it's main sound all the time, I wouldn't want it to be the other way, otherwise it wouldn't be morning trance as we know it from the past. If you like the sound RA is presenting and you have no fear of travelling back in time this release will satisfy you. Repeating myself RA's newest release isn't overloaded so a second listen will follow very fast. But you have to give it some time. Listening to it once not being in the right mood can cause the effect you will experience it @ boring because the unique atmosphere won't caress your ears...

well enough said, it has been reviewed many times I notice, great job btw, if you don't like it after 5 times listen it's not you're style... but I'm sure many goatrance fans will appreciate this release each time / listen just like I did.

conclusion:

trancy, euphoria, subtle, motivating, floating and well produced...

grtz k

Hello All- I really liked the first RA release. This release is a full bodied Goa release with a passionate attention to detail. As for the fluffy sounding tracks-not everyone is against them. Dance floor pounders are very rare these days especially in the morning/psy genre. This is a versatile release made for before or after an intense musical peak when mixed by a skilled DJ. It could be worse-it could be a Skazi inspired release-lol

9/10 :posford:

• 3 weeks later...

This is the best album I've heard so far all year by a main artist. It it was well worth the wait.