Orchid-Star

yohankiwi

Found out about this band as theyre playing on the liquid stage at glade festival.

Just been on their myspace and they sound top notch: nice and psychedelic, exceedingly beautiful in places, a nice blend of a whole variety of genres and influences (haven't heard this many genres put together so nicely since shpongle i think) and all played with real musicians/vocalists. They also look like they're WELL worth catching live as they have up to 10 musicians on stage.

Definately look like they're worth keeping an eye on, apparently they have an EP out already but don't have the cash to pick it up at the moment.

Have a listen:

Orchid-Star

Found out about this band as theyre playing on the liquid stage at glade festival.

Just been on their myspace and they sound top notch: nice and psychedelic, exceedingly beautiful in places, a nice blend of a whole variety of genres and influences (haven't heard this many genres put together so nicely since shpongle i think) and all played with real musicians/vocalists. They also look like they're WELL worth catching live as they have up to 10 musicians on stage.

Definately look like they're worth keeping an eye on, apparently they have an EP out already but don't have the cash to pick it up at the moment.

Have a listen:

Orchid-Star

I agree.

Their album rebirth puts a smile on my face every time i listen to it. who ever is doing the vocals has such a lovely voice (i imagine her to be a very beautiful woman)

watching them perform live should be an experience in itself.

:)

Yeah I am loving the double album Birth/Re-Birth recently released on Liquid Sound.

There are a few retrodden samples in there so those slagging of the ethnic samples might want to steer clear but I think they are done really really well & the album is perfect for the emerging spring we have here.

Check them out for sure :D

e: so in love with wildflower atm. those layers of vocals are just :wub: reminds me of a fairytale...

indeed, Wildflower is a fantastic track :wub:

the whole stuff on myspace sounds beautiful...

I'm really thinking about buying this.