Some recommendations pleeeeeaaase

yohankiwi

Hello there psynews. I need some recommendations from your wise minds of two kinds of psytrance that i've been vibing a lot lately.

1. Firstly I'm looking for some psytrance that is deep, hypnotic (the most important word here), melodic (but not 100% essential and not too melodic to the point of becoming cheesy), with a good steady rythmn and some nice grooves. Definately nothing too hectic or full on, but rather the more steady/controlled type of psy that can you can completely lose yourself in whilst dancing to it. Whilst most of the recommendations below are progressive, dont feel you have to limit your recommendations to that. Oh and they also dont have to be limited to psytrance, anything that fits the above description is good for me :)

Some examples of the type of music I'm after:

Atmos: Metro Deluxe, Umbau, Scent of a tunnel, Transmission in Vein, Ordinary Weekend

Doof: The last half of forever, Dawn of a new error

Ace Ventura: Psychic Experience, The light, Sao Paulo, Presence

Perfect Stranger: Hyperdrive, Those Days, Morning Blues, Truth

Chi A.D.: Book of eden, Hammerhead, Beyond the Singularity

Human Blue: Atom, Rollercoaster, Carpe Diem, Dream Creator, Memorexis

Solar Fields: Black Arrow, Brainbow, Summer

OOOD: Free Range (in reference to later bit when the melodies start to kick in), Solar Sway

2. Secondly I am looking for something FUNKY!!. That crazy, make you want to get up and dance your ass off type of psy trance. Full of energy, full of crunchy funkyness. You know what I mean :D

Some examples:

Green Nuns of the Revolution: Thunder Thighs, Octofunk, Conflict, Klunk!

Eat Static: Visitors, Love Truncheon, Trantaloid

Broken Toy: Down on the farm, Change/Derange, Candy, Necessary Roughness

OOOD: Free Range, Smoke a lot, Marijuana

Younger Brother: Weird on a monday night, The receptive, Evil and Harm, Magic Monkey Juice, I am a freak

(Shpongle: My head feels like a frisbee, When Shall i be free, DMT)

Thanks in advance!!

For funky as fook check out Pondscum - Output 1-2

I've got a copy filched from a dj mix set but haven't been able to track down the comp it appeared on: In Crypto. The Psyshop sample only introduces it and doesn't show you the really juicy dancy disko funkathon minimal perc swipes...you just wanna dance like Michael Jackson!

Thanks for the haltya and etnoscope recommendations guys, exactly what i was after! Will check your ones out asap maden :)

Also found some more that belong to the first category:

Sun control species: Kick me shake me, Only human (a day in forever), here comes the titans

Vibrasphere: In control, Baltic resonance, Landmark, Morning Breeze, Sudden Comfort

Tegma: One night in cairo, Spooked, drums of africa, El mariachi

Any more would be appreciated :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to *bump* this thread again as all the recommendations i've got so far have been fooking great :D

Beauty and the beat feat nuke.... you are certainly right exotic, that is certainly some of the funkiest shit i've ever heard. wanna start dancing now :posford:

Also liking flying scorpions and freq a lot too.

For the first rec I'd say

Talpa - The Art of Being Non

Etnica - Alien Protein

For the second try

Unconscious Collective - Fluorostani Transcendence