08. Astral Projection - Ionized [Trust In Trance Records, 1996]

09. Vaporum - Xtaz [POF Music, 1996]

10. Astral Projection - Enlightened Evolution [TIP Records, 1996]

11. Etnica - Starship 101 [blue Room Released, 1996]

12. Deviant Electronics - When Then Is Now [Helix Records, 1996]

Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/gni5qz

Enjoy! :posford:

I'm trying to listen this... aawgh! :rolleyes:

Have you put all tracks run on the same bpm? I think a good DJ has an ability to adjust tempo.

And more importantly, what's the fixation with low bpm? You've taken all the energy out of etnica tracks, that slowed down climax of party droid hurt my ears... seriously the only situation I could think myself enjoying such blasphemy is after strong joint.

I think the artists usually have a very good idea on what tempo to originally record the track. It's very rare I hear a goa tune that I find too fast (a few on shiva chandra deput maybe/OOOD's Rifa).

Please use 145-150 bpm towards the end in your future sets. Don't pitch down energetic tracks with great climaxes. Those are my advices :) Your tracklists are usually nice.

Partially agree with Oopie here, on one of your first mixes, Etnica's Microdrive was to slooooooooow, man :)

This mix is nice. I like it. Nothing mind blowung, but no weak moments either. Actually, my biggest and only complaint about it is that it's just too ordinary. Follow me here: out of twelve tracks in your mix, five are TOO known classics. I mean, putting three top class A.P. tunes + two Etnica's monsters from their hey day is always hitting it on the nail, but for most old school fans, it's fast forward material. A lot of people here know these tracks by heart, and they (include me here) are eager to hear some more obscure gems! Be more picky and experimental. Surprise your listeners with old school tunes that somehow might have slipped under the radar. Get my point?

Other then that, keep up the good work!

First let me say, thanks for being honest, that is better than just saying "Wow, great mix man!". But of course i will try to justify.

About the tempo: Sometimes there are small BPM changes in my mixes, but not always. In this mix, i lowered the BPM in the last track bcz it is kinda smooth.

Generally, i don't like the tempo faster than 135 BPM that is the maximum for me. In the mid 90's me and my friends listened to great unofficial mixtapes, mixed by Sasche Haske ( http://www.discogs.com/artist/Sascha+Haske ). Those mixes were always at about 133-135 BPM, that's why this kind of tempo always was normal for me. And afaik, Sasche Haske is a quite well known and successful DJ (and artist of course), so i think he was a kind of good "mentor" (even if i never met him).

About that "too ordinary thing": That is correct, most of the tracks are very well known classics. My intention was to make a mix with my favorite melodic tracks from the mid 90's. If you like to hear some "different classics", check out my other mixes, especially Goa-Getter II which is rather spooky/minimal.

However, thanks for the feedback guys. :)

• 5 months later...

NO! too late I am. can you re-rupload? I have all your previous mixes and would like them all. they get my goa juices flowing..PM'd

giving it the play and review treatment now. Miranda did a great job making this feal "outer spacey". deep grumbling sounds to go with the emptiness of space then the synth work being all the matter, bright and shining. showing existence out there. has a numbing feel which fits for what we dont know is out there. good vibes to start the mix. psychOdelic ;p ahhh perfect! forgot what 'Zero' sounded like. its been awhile and it DEFINATELY works right after mirandas space adventure. this one represents all the cybernetic starships soon to be grazing the far reaches of space.

doh, no more EDIT button? continued then...

hehe - psycho mind control from the robot. I mean droid! the 'Party Droid' - always a fan of that one. high and screechy subliminal messages ;0 falling back down to earth a bit with MWNN. kind of the sound where gOaRGANIC meets cybEr. awesome sound to this lead! wOw! never heard this one, big thanks for adding a new tune to the mental library(volume highered!) for sure crash landed in the jungle now. darker rhythms in this K.U.R.O. track. trecking through the mid and brush. rich in the organic sounds, lose your mind in it. 06. Vaporum - Planets - like the grooves to this one, heavy throb wiggles. 'Snake Dance' also a clever groover. nice voice the woman has - bringing a spiritual touch. kicking the dance feet back up, IONIZED. this goes back with me. might be the 2nd A.P. track I ever heard. I think the first was Kabalah. yeahhh, always into this one. weezy style synths with a hypnotic grab on the senses. fall into a trance :oOoOo WOA! 09. Vaporum - Xtaz - loud and raunchy! I LIKE! real twisted sounds/psychEdElIc. hmmm, might of actually heard this before. the lighter sounding groovy side to it is a tad familiar..The Aliens come to rape, pillage ad plunder during the Enlightened Evolution. at least thats what the track makes me think. Alien invasion stuff. ;p ahhhh! (the music has got me smiling) love that lead here! ASTRALnomical! good stuff. looks like I'm left to pilot the starship alone today while gh0st and tram remain in cryostasis *_* Deviant Electronics, always liked the name. this track has a killer organic throb. can bite right into it.ooo nice, diggin this easy flowing sound. smooth is right. its ends// no matter what the selection I like it. may not be the be all end all for dancing like a mad man mixes but it had this way of life the entire way through of just, getting ahold of your head - taking your mind on a trip. zone out and think with the psychedelic backdrop 8) thanks again for re-uploading this!

Hello :D

I would like to tell some things...Im also fan of 145-150 BPM tempo,but I respect when DJ makes slow Goa mix with powerfull story,like Paul Oakenfold in old days....You did a great job with compilating tracks,but I think that the story is same trough whole mix...and I think that it would be much better if you take pitch to 140-42...it would be slow also,but more interesting....mixing is good with no mistakes,but i think Goa is made to be mixed by a chanell,not by crossfader....cross is more for techno....I know,its much complicated,but you could get amasing mixes then...it lasts longer,you work with filters much more and for that you must know this tracks in soul....and people are feeling then something else....also,Goa has that structure with frases,so mixing in takt is the best option for quality mix...You cover that with quick mixes,very good track choice and very nice timeing but that is because crossfader is over half and past track is gone in very quick time....if you had left mixes for 8 takt frase then it would give you some problems...beat match was perfect in every mix,but also that is much easyer to do it with slow tempo....

I would like to hear some other mixes from you,more quicker and in more party mood....I think that this set fits very good in some warm up of oldschool Goa Trance parties...

My favourite track from this set is "07. Nemesis - Snake Dance [Transient Records, 1997]"...ofcourse.....the classics are classics...and they have some special place in my heart,but I was more in mood this morning for that amasing vocal...

keep up a good work :D

Thanks again for the feedback guys. :)

@Stevo: Talking about the mix itself, this one is by far not the best i've done. I choose the tracks i want to include and then i have to make the best out of the selection. Sometimes it works ok, sometimes good, sometimes very good. Check my other mixes. They're all at 135 BPM maximum since this is the tempo i like. But some of them have a much nicer mixing, especially Goa-Getter I, II, V and VII. ;)

@everybody: If a mix you want to download has been deleted from sendspace, just leave a note in the thread or send me a message. :)

Check my other mixes. They're all at 135 BPM maximum since this is the tempo i like. But some of them have a much nicer mixing, especially Goa-Getter I, II, V and VII. ;)

well...none of them works anymore,so you can decide wich set is the best and upload it and I will hear it.... :D