total eclipse - Delta Aquarids

radi6404

Don´t you think that Total Eclipse - Delta Aquarids is exactly the type of goa/psychedelic trance which is suitable exactly for this time of the year. Now February kicks in and you know that the winter slowly goes away and the spring comes. The temperatures are still low but the colors of the atmosphere and so on slowly change to spring alike colors, warmer days come and first flowers pop up. I think that the feelings and euphoria behind this album exaclty suits this time of the year like old Astral Projection suits more the summer period of the year. I like Delta Aquarids quite a lot and it gives me the most euphoric feelings when I go out at this time of the year, when the sun is shining outside, temperatures are low but slowly rising.

Don´t you think that Total Eclipse - Delta Aquarids is exactly the type of goa/psychedelic trance which is suitable exactly for this time of the year. Now February kicks in and you know that the winter slowly goes away and the spring comes. The temperatures are still low but the colors of the atmosphere and so on slowly change to spring alike colors, warmer days come and first flowers pop up. I think that the feelings and euphoria behind this album exaclty suits this time of the year like old Astral Projection suits more the summer period of the year. I like Delta Aquarids quite a lot and it gives me the most euphoric feelings when I go out at this time of the year, when the sun is shining outside, temperatures are low but slowly rising.

thats really nice man...but wait a few more months before calling it spring... :D

its one hell of an album...you should get into it...its a bit raw sometimes but its awesome allthesame

i've missed the whole 90's, both party and music-wise...

I'll see if i can get it, but my expectations are low...Pure goatrance isn't really my cup of tea...

i've missed the whole 90's, both party and music-wise...

I'll see if i can get it, but my expectations are low...Pure goatrance isn't really my cup of tea...

What's interesting with Delta Aquarids is that it does not sound like the typical Goa sound. There is a lot of variety throughout the album. There is Goa of course but also other atmospheric tracks. A very varied (Goa-wise) album. And a great one too ;) .

Snowball, it is a hell of an albm, best tracks are 1, 6, 7, 11, but all tracks are above average. The second Total eclipse album isn´t that good, about the later ones I don´t know.

You didn't like Violent Relaxation? :o

You didn't like Violent Relaxation? :o

I havn´t listneed to it for a long while, must give it a try again but as far as I remember Delta Aquarids sounds more natural, more genric to me, I don´t like when the psyartists add too many sounds and vocals because you can´t focus on the melody and basslayers so much. I don´t like it too simple but I either don´t like it with too many vocals and fx samples but I don´t remember how it aktually was.

I havn´t listneed to it for a long while, must give it a try again but as far as I remember Delta Aquarids sounds more natural, more genric to me, I don´t like when the psyartists add too many sounds and vocals because you can´t focus on the melody and basslayers so much. I don´t like it too simple but I either don´t like it with too many vocals and fx samples but I don´t remember how it aktually was.

Then try to listen to it again, 'cause I don't remember almost any vocals in VR. And the melodies are all extremely well listenable (The Furnace and Space Clinic just to name a few).

;)

Hey! I don't recall either that "Violent Relaxation" was plagued by any vocals or exaggerations in the sound applying departments. But I do remember it as one of finest albums from the era. The first disc shines through with a collection of intelligently crafted goa trance monsters, while the second one has some of the most excellent downtempo tunes ever recorded. What a great album.

And no, "Delta Aquarids" does not fall far behind. I'm still trying to hunt down that Blade Runner (remix). No success thus far... <_<

Hey! I don't recall either that "Violent Relaxation" was plagued by any vocals or exaggerations in the sound applying departments. But I do remember it as one of finest albums from the era. The first disc shines through with a collection of intelligently crafted goa trance monsters, while the second one has some of the most excellent downtempo tunes ever recorded. What a great album.

And no, "Delta Aquarids" does not fall far behind. I'm still trying to hunt down that Blade Runner (remix). No success thus far... <_<

If you say so I really have to give it a try again, One question, is it mroe complex or more linear, because altough delta aqarids is varried in sounds etc the song´s structure is pretty linear, how is it with violent relaxation?

And bladerunner has a remix :blink: Oh my god, it must be FUCKING AWESOME.

One question, is it mroe complex or more linear, because altough delta aqarids is varried in sounds etc the song´s structure is pretty linear, how is it with violent relaxation?

As a whole, "Violent Relaxation" is a more accomplished piece of work, be it idea, music or production quality wise. It works best, at least for me, when listened to starting with the uptempo CD, and then slowly sinking into your comfy chair while toning things down with the chill stuff. The texture of the tracks is on a whole new level when compared to the debut! The tracks show a more mature side of the trio, some real "that is how it should be done kiddos" old school goa trance.

However, disregarding all the justified praise it has recieved during the years, "Violent Relaxation" does not contain my all time favorite Total Eclipse tracks: Waiting For A New Life, Partycles and Blade Runner. If you are a nerdish DAT collector, do not be a cunt- just send me the Blade Runner remix via PM. :P