hi there.

I have been trying to make the 303 sound for a while now with soft synths. But i cant get it right enough..

Does anybody know a softsynth that comes closest? Or have some patches? I can get some nice sounds going but not the filter..

I know it might be difficult.. and i'd rather have the real thing ;) But i am stuck with softsynths for a while probably because my bank doesnt agree with buying new gear :o

any help would be appreciated.

Thnx!

hi there.

I have been trying to make the 303 sound for a while now with soft synths. But i cant get it right enough..

Does anybody know a softsynth that comes closest? Or have some patches? I can get some nice sounds going but not the filter..

I know it might be difficult.. and i'd rather have the real thing ;) But i am stuck with softsynths for a while probably because my bank doesnt agree with buying new gear :o

any help would be appreciated.

Thnx!

AudioRealism Bassline 2. THE best emulation imo. dont use it in Note mode though, make all your patterns in PTN mode. Its a bit confusing at first if you never used a 303 before, but you will get into it, you are a smart guy :)

try out phoscyon ;)

of course you have to automate the cutoff to achieve a decent 303 sound, but you already knew this.

thats teh worst sounding emulation ive ever tried, ABL2 rocks the sound. Phoscyon though can make a lot of other fucked up sounds...

have you ever heard an original 303 in action? ;)

well i know u own one you fucker. and ive heard that 303 softsynth comparison on another forum already, all sounds compared to a real 303, phoscyon was pretty close, abl2 was as well though.

well i know u own one you fucker. and ive heard that 303 softsynth comparison on another forum already, all sounds compared to a real 303, phoscyon was pretty close, abl2 was as well though.

i dont, not anymore.

are you tripping?

:clapping: Yaaaaaaaaa!

Tripping is cool. I am using both for basslines and arps ...

... sometimes for tripping to the moon :P

But to be honest the ABLmachine has not anough highs to get a 'real' 303 sound. You have to use some distortion on it.

The Phoscyon uses some 'hardcore' disto processes, so be careful on tweaking ;)

Thats not right. I am talking about demo samples of the TB i did hear once.

I cant say how to set the ABL to get such sounding effect.

But ofcourse, the original TB 303 has no distortion on board ...

... buts a huge misstake. I would miss a builtin flanger and overdrive, Captain :P

Thats not right. I am talking about demo samples of the TB i did hear once.

I cant say how to set the ABL to get such sounding effect.

But ofcourse, the original TB 303 has no distortion on board ...

... buts a huge misstake. I would miss a builtin flanger and overdrive, Captain :P

use accent?

ABL2 is good for straight 303 effects. Phoscyon is a virtual Devilfish modded-303 so has more range for tweaking and covers a slightly different section of the TB303 sonic landscape - you can get classic 303 sounds out of it that you will not get from ABL2. Neither offer a complete emulation but both are very good for different aspects of 303 riffage.

To distort the 303 in the old days I used to turn the gain up full on the 303's mixer channel.