Goddamn mixed in key

I've just started using Rapid Evolution instead of Mixed in key 2.5(for keying tunes).

Goddamn is mixed in key wrong a lot. It seems to get every minor song mixed up with the notes major (C minor it thinks is C major). At least when RE is wrong it's very hard for me to pick as well. I now realise how foolish I was using a program that consistently keyed tunes wrong :unsure:

BTW does:

Moog-Euromotor go into 3A later after the break (6B previously)?

Oh yes and is Next stop oblivion-Z to A 10A or 1B?

lol

on topic:

why dont you key tracks with a normal sounding preset from a vst and your midi keyboard if you have one?

probably takes just as much time.

I decided to do that since RE has it inbuilt. If you read the above post it infers that I had a method of keying tracks.

yes and as you put it yourself you were foolish to do it that way so i gave you a suggestion of a different method...

Anyway nevermind that... I was reading another thread on another forum about comparisons of Mixed in key rapid evo and something else. The mixed in key maker kept argueing that songs that were in minors were actually in majors. Goes to show he probably can't write an algorithm to detect the right answer if he doesn't know what it actually is!

This is what I have for next stop oblivion:

142 Bm 10A

anyway, RE is preety good.

I usually find the keys by ear and verify with RE, most of the times (like 90%) it was correct, and whenever it wasn't correct it was so obvious. :)

Do it by ear - it's much much easier and faster. May be a bit difficult at first but after 10 tracks it just comes natural.