Nolax - Persistence 2.0 (Album Re-Release!)

nolaxx

hi everybody!

some months after posting the initial version of my album (thread) I am very happy to anounce that I reworked the mix of each track of the first version, made an intro and added a bonus track.

i think this way is the best to say thank you to all of you.

download @ektoplazm:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/nolax-persistence-20/

Tracklist:

01 - intro (5:44)

02 - pareidolia (10:43)

03 - we already were on mars (7:18)

04 - androids do dream (8:23)

05 - autofab (7:59)

06 - confusion (9:49)

07 - shakta - lepton head - remix (7:09)

08 - we are the spoon (6:15)

09 - silence of the drums (7:56)

10 - aggression (7:45)

Posted Image

Posted Image

thanks,

christoph

this album is really amazing! i am the proud owner of Pareidolia in WAV available in metapsychic records new compilation , u are amazing Nolax!

Thank u!

Hi!

The Pareidolia in WAV at metapsychic is not the 2.0 Pareidolia, it is the old version "mastered" in a way so that there is 70% noises that sound like the pitched version of crumpling with a plastic bag and 30% Pareidolia :angry:

Metapsychic has been informed and also got the new 2.0 version but refuses put the new version in the shop :huh:

Because of that i must say: don't download the "mastered" Pareidolia there, its the worst sounding version ever.

digi

this album is really amazing! i am the proud owner of Pareidolia in WAV available in metapsychic records new compilation , u are amazing Nolax!

Thank u!

Off Topic. but why do i get this feeling that this balloon_fight person is actually someone from metapsychic?

Ha this is so ironic! I wanted to buy Human Hyperactivation and the track that really convinced me was Pareidolia. And now I get it for free instead, well the irony of destiny. Anyways it's a great track I really love it, and haven't listened to whole album yet but I will, and give more feedback.

Update:

Half way through the album I must say I am so glad I found out about you as an artist. This is what I have been waiting for, sometimes you just hit the spot and find an artist that is so amazing. Last time I did was when I first heard Alchemie Dub with Bluetech and gosh I was thrown away. This is almost the same feeling. If you ever release a retail cd u can expect me to buy it asap.

Update 2:

Listen to all tracks now and I still feel the same way if not even I have gotten an even larger appreciation for this album. Get a retail out there, my stereo set deserves it :)

I want to bring another thing to attention, I don't know anything about mastering or so, but this is just my feeling after listening to the album that many tracks I think the treble is too low, meaning the higher sounds get lost in the basslines. I really hope the retail cd will sound a little bit more clear and crisp, just a note.

I want to bring another thing to attention, I don't know anything about mastering or so, but this is just my feeling after listening to the album that many tracks I think the treble is too low, meaning the higher sounds get lost in the basslines. I really hope the retail cd will sound a little bit more clear and crisp, just a note.

hi prima.materia,

first of all, thanks a lot for your great feedback about my music. the comparision you made honoured me A LOT.

thanks for sharing your observations about the sound, maybe you could elaborate your description?

Ehrm well as I said I don't know anything about music making or mastering and so on, and I miss the vocabulary to describe it in English but I will try. Well most psy/goa trance songs are built up of basslines and sounds (including acoustic in some cases), and I believe that's the only thing. I think this is the case also in some of Vibraspheres tracks on their latest album, the sounds are not given enough boost so they get lost in the basslines and are rather difficult to hear. They become like some background thing, maybe this is how it was supposed to be in their tracks or yours but, in my taste I want sounds to have a more "main character" feel over them. Cause often basslines sounds roughly the same with small differences and I think that it's the sounds that really characterize the tracks. I hope you understand what I am trying to say I don't think I can describe it in any other way unless I take lessons in how to make music and learn all the proper words I need to describe it.

note* it could have to do with my stereo set, I've heard the treble can be undermined on it in some reviews, but I have listened to other artist and there I don't get the feel of sounds being undermined the basslines.

update: I heard Son Kite are good at mastering..ehhrm I wish they would help out a member of the psychedelic family....well..

Ok this album is getting better and better, I don't know you're connection with metaphysics and so on and I do not take part in the argument that seems to go on between some folks here, I just say what I think of the music. What I want to say is that I was never a fan of Goa, and recently (recently = some 1 and a half year)I have been trying to listen more and more to it, and this album made what IM did for me in the psytrance genre, what Bluetech did for me in the Ambient Genre, you really got me to appreciate Goa. And truly I find it hard to listen to most psytrance nowdays, IM were great but to be honest I don't really think there were many others that good in the genre. At least now the psytrance genre is degradating in my opinion, and I don't like fullon at all only in small doses at right occasions, and I think I am leaning towards Goa really. It will be fun to follow you're progress and hopefully you will evolve and it will be a blast to see you're future releases.

Time will tell...

nothing is certain but death and taxes? well it was those capitalistic swines that made that up...

really, this has nothing to do with Metaphysics...!

Good music is good music, for whatever label an artists makes music... In fact we (Suntrip) brought Nolaxx to be in july, and he played a fantastic set on an open air party I absolutely loved! :)

So well, spread the word if you like this music! :D

Holy SHit

Argh, shit shit shit

Instead of pushing the button "reply" I pushed "edit", and erased the whole text Nolaxx has written here (as moderator)

Sorry, sorry, this is what you get when you reply too fast... Sorry once again, kick my ass

Holy SHit

Argh, shit shit shit

Instead of pushing the button "reply" I pushed "edit", and erased the whole text Nolaxx has written here (as moderator)

Sorry, sorry, this is what you get when you reply too fast... Sorry once again, kick my ass

post stealer :D

i`ll have a look in the dark realms of the temp inet files when I`m back home ..

no big deal!

perfect :) :posford:

update: I heard Son Kite are good at mastering..ehhrm I wish they would help out a member of the psychedelic family....well..

thanks for the hint, i know son kite and actually even liked some of their older releases, they do definitely have a good and fat sound, I think it fits well to their genre. in my understanding "mastering" is the last step done before producing the actual media (CD, Vinyl) and "mixing" seems more to be the step you are referring to. mixing is about levels, stereo field, frequency separation, individual track dynamics processing and so on. mastering is something I believe is done on the stereo mixdown - which nowadays, in the age of digital music production and virtual sound synthesis is not that important any more. (one can always go back to the very "source" of a sound and adapt it to the whole).

I actually think that this sound like Progressive Goa Trance, if there is such a thing...

i think there isn't; for naming convention purposes and aspects of clarity we should distanciate from bringing the term "progressive" into a subspecification of goatrance. progressive trance is an own and individual musical genre which is not any more or in any way similar to the goa trance we are referring to here. moreover I happily observe a general separation of progressive trance scene from the "goa"-trance scene, which I would love to see happening with full-on too. as for my individual style I understand every listener and every musician (more abstract: individual) captures different aspects of the same thing (huxley ) which in my case consequently leads to the type of goatrance I produce.

Ok this album is getting better and better, I don't know you're connection with metaphysics and so on and I do not take part in the argument that seems to go on between some folks here, I just say what I think of the music.

i have to take this opportunity and distanciate myself from any fight/flaming/etc which happened in the last weeks in the context of metapsychic records. in my opinion, philipe, vassillis and martin (HI!) are very nice guys who do a lot for our music. pareidolia on "Human Hyperactivation" is the first "official" release I ever had (THANKS AGAIN) as for the money issues: again, I judge what I know and what I see. therefore there is nothing in general and less in this situatino i would critizise about MPR. To the contrary.

I think we are here all for the same reason, a very, very special reason.

WE LOVE GOA TRANCE

NORMALITY REESTABLISHED :) I found the text :)