33 or 45 RPM?

Lemmiwinks

that is unfair <_< ... really ... 3 tracks and still 45 RPM ... I never encountered anything like that!

And that's exactly the reason why I have become an EP-lover ... because there's only one track on one side there's no need to squeeze and narrowing the grooves! At first I hated EPs ... "so much money for just two tracks"-naivity ... but now I'm loving them ... because since there are no flattened grooves to have more rooms for the etchings EPs mostly sound loud, clear and also rich in deep frequencies!

yeah, but there are still some spanners that record their bassdrums in stereo and that sounds awful on vinyl :( And about Vinyl care: I have many Vinyls that I have played over and over again without them getting significally bad in sound quality. Only people that dont have the sligthest clue how to take care of their vinyl will moan about that they become scratchy and unplayable :)

Nemo

I have many Vinyls that I have played over and over again without them getting significally bad in sound quality. Only people that dont have the sligthest clue how to take care of their vinyl will moan about that they become scratchy and unplayable :)

well ... how does one actually really "take care" of one's vinyl :huh:

I have mine stored in an open box, each of the better ones (I mean those that are worth something to me) additionally protected by a plastic sleeve. And when I take them out I'm nice to them and try not to touch the etchings. Is there anything else one can do?

well ... how does one actually really "take care" of one's vinyl :huh:

I have mine stored in an open box, each of the better ones (I mean those that are worth something to me) additionally protected by a plastic sleeve. And when I take them out I'm nice to them and try not to touch the etchings. Is there anything else one can do?

Here are some tips:

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/fluids.html

I find that page pretty helpful for someone that doesnt know anything about keeping your vinyl free from dust and how to store them :) He put it so much better than I could ever do. I follow him 90% (Without having read it). :)

Regards,

Nemo

cool link...

I would not make a bath for my vinyls though.

I try to store the vinyls as vertical as possible and try to protect them from dust as good as I can. Should be enough. Some tips he gives there are apparently for absolute audiophiles that get mad if a tiny dust particle hides in one of the etchings. Or maybe they have such good audio systems that this is actually audible? I dunno...

I might look out for one of these dust remover rollers though...

cool link...

I would not make a bath for my vinyls though.

I try to store the vinyls as vertical as possible and try to protect them from dust as good as I can. Should be enough. Some tips he gives there are apparently for absolute audiophiles that get mad if a tiny dust particle hides in one of the etchings. Or maybe they have such good audio systems that this is actually audible? I dunno...

I might look out for one of these dust remover rollers though...

but its a guideline more than a "you have to follow" :) comon sense, and those guidelines will preserve the life of your vinyls :)

imo dust on vinyls even gives a greater listening experience :P

im talkin ´bout 60s, 70s stuff :)

you know what? I second that - but ONLY for old NON-PSY/ELECTRONICA vinyls! Because psy or ambient or other synth music requires a clear sound ... for me at least. I don't want crackles in that, it distracts me. Synth oscillations need to be loud, clean and pure - that's how I love it. Dust I therefore can't need there.

On these old 60s or 70s vinyls for me it's already kinda obligatory and desirable that there's a little crackle, already because the recording techniques were not as advanced and because it's just oldskool, you know?

I just got confused again :)

I think 45 RPM is great for 12inches singles...You know why? Because the speed is faster and more challenging to grab and synchronize the monitor record with the other record playin' on-air.

But I think also the are some other constraints about 45 RPM's vinyl copies?

I just got confused again :)

I think 45 RPM is great for 12inches singles...You know why? Because the speed is faster and more challenging to grab and synchronize the monitor record with the other record playin' on-air.

But I think also the are some other constraints about 45 RPM's vinyl copies?

:huh:

okaaay? But I didn't really get that :unsure:

What has the RPM to do with the BPM? (I mean, of course, if you increase the one the other increases too, but that's not what I mean ... I mean when a record is to be played at 45 RPM and has 140 BPM and there's another record played at 33 RPM and has 140 BPM the RPM difference makes no difference in how fast the BPMs play on the records ... you know what I mean, don't you?)