MAHA SHIVA RATRI FESTIVAL

Posted Image

welcome to maha shivaratri International Trance Music, Arts & Lifestyle Festival on feb 16, 17 and 18. The first festival of its kind in Nepal,

Maha shivaratri festival

A 3 day open air tribal trance gathering. This will be a magical explosion of art, music, and expression. Join us to celebrate alternative living, share positive energy and be free.

land of Lord Shiva, Destroyer of Evil, for here you can feel his presence everywhere. Shiva Ratri ' the night consecrated to Shiva'. This auspicious festival falls on the fourteenth day of the waning moon in the month of Falgun, (February - March in the Gregorian calendar ).

INTERNATIONAL ARTIST & DJ Line Up:

PSYSEX : LIVE SET (HOMMEGA RECORDS)

KINDZADZA(PARVATI) (tbc)

JAHBO(PARVATI) (tbc)

SYNTAX ERROR/GOW(PARVATI)(tbc)

ARJUNA(PARVATI) (tbc)

KARAN (THIRD EYE RECORDS)

SATWAH (Psychonautic Mindlab)

SANUK (Psychonautic Mindlab)

HYDRA (TANTRUM RECORDS)

VENUE : 30 MINUTES DRIVE FROM KTM, venue details to be announced on the last week of the event. good view of ktm valley and mountain range.

ticket Neplese Rs 1600 pre purchase

ticket Neplese Rs 2000 at door

ticket price includes, entery for the 3 days festival

There is acres of flat-land for free-camping, Please get your camping gear, tents, sleeping bags, etc. Capming starts from the afternoon of 16th Feb. All the infrastructure (food, toilets, etc.) will be ready for use.

There will be cash bar for food and drinks.

Bring a smile, some good vibes and your dancing shoes and get involved with the mystic powers in the land of lord Shiva

MORE TO COME ...STAY TUNED...

http://www.psynepali.net

http://www.partynepal.com

damn, wish I was there....

have fun!

Jai Shiva!

• 5 weeks later...

GREAT FESTIVAL. EVEN THOUGH IT RAINED AND WAS COLD, BUT THAT DIDN'T STOPPED THE VIBE OF THE PEOPLE, GREAT VIBE, GREAT FEELING, EVERY ONE VERY HELPFUL, INCLUDING THE VILLAGERs. GREAT MUSIC

EVEN THOUGH WITH THE LAST MINUTE BIG NAME DJ'S CANCALLECTION, THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE WAS SO AMAZING....."THE MOMENT" WHEN WE CAN EXPERIENCE IT AGAIN??....THE VENUE, THE VIEWS, THE PEOPLE. THE MOST MEMORIABLE MOMENT WAS TOWARDS THE END ON SUNDAY MORNING, WHEN HATTIBABA WAS PLAYING. THE MONKS FROM THE SURROUNDING MONASTRY CAME, AND EVERY ONE HUGGING EACH OTHER, THEN HATTIBABA PLAYED SOME NICE "BHAJANS" WOW......EVERYONE SITTING AROUND AND CHATTING TO THE BHAJANS......

HOPE MORE OF THIS KIND HAPPENS HERE IN NEPAL!!!!!! BOOM SHANTI FROM NEPAL TO THE REST OF THE WORLD............

EVEN THOUGH WITH THE LAST MINUTE BIG NAME DJ'S CANCALLECTION, THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE WAS SO AMAZING.....

When there is such location, you don't need famous dj's/artists to make the festival great. Simply, a lot of people had comen from other cities and countries to hear Jahbo, Kindzadza, etc. playing live and I think they were a little bit disappointed that artists didn't come.

Finally we have recovered from shiva ratri and ready to groove again here in kathmandu.

this 9th march friday. "Your own groove - Freak Gathering".

secret jungle location.

bus availiable from tantra bar thamel 7 pm.

No door sale, doors will be closed at 8 pm. You are advised to catch the bus or follow the party bus.

Sets by:

cosmic souls

Aseem

bhatte

Kranti

Vibe

for more info-

shivaratri16@hotmail.com

ph-9841462951

boom

• 2 weeks later...

After a madness, Colourful, twisted and magical weeked at the jungle, now we are back in the madness of the city jungle. Sitting in my room i am thinking, oh how luck i am to be able to be at such a magical location, small waterfall, and small gathering of people mostly tourist and few local nepalise, every one with a unqiue character, very energitic, vibrant, happy. full on music being pumped by dj's (Aseem, Kranti, Vibe, Solaris, Magik Raising) while some where dancing on the floor, others just sitting and enjoying the music and the atmosphere, and few fire dancers showing their's fire dancing skills and some people just sitting by the fire side. The energy and vibe out there was just awesome. as slowly the nite turned into morning, to be able to witness rays of sunshine coming through the forest was great, i did wonder around the place and went to the top of the hill to see the surronding hills, from the top it was great to see people below dancing, sitting and enjoying each and every moment. Dancing Baba, aka a full energatic Guy From USA was playing full power morning track. some people got into the waterfall, and dipped into the small waterpool, along with those fish inside the pool. around 10am in the morning and the energy in the dance floor was still full on. around 10.30 am shiven took over the console with his psy-ambient and slowly people started to chill out, shiven ended the magical journey playing the last track at from his Fav artist Simon Postford, from twisted records. once the party got over at 11.00am, few people who came to the festival started to collect the gargabes lying around. then everyone got into the minibus, some got into the roof of the bus and started the journey bak to the reality of ktm..........BUT THEN WATS REALITY......I decided to stay up there, only got bak home late evening.............a magical weekend.........i guess i have written too much now...ehehhehe....om shanti..............