This is going to be a tough choice come January Poll time.

faze

I am really having a hard time choosing between albums that I may vote for Album of the Year in January. I thought for sure I would go with...

Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home.

I cannot think of anything that came before it that is better (imo)...

BUT

now I have been listening to

Sensient - Antiflouro, and OOOD - Free Range, so much lately and enjoying them greatly. It's certainly going to be a tough call.

To make matters worse, I received CBL - World of Sleepers today!

ARGH!

:o:huh:

Well, you could do it by genre/style.

Tough call anyway.

Who to choose... yikes!

:unsure:

Quite an easy one for me.

Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home is number 1 this year no doubt

Principles of Flight - Night time Lullabies is #2

Then CBL - World of Sleepers

then Mood Deluxe - The Tangent Universe

#5 Kettel - My Dogan

This list might change though, POF & CBL are quite new and I haven't heard everything yet

Guest The Journey Man Project

by genre:

Ambient - V.A - "Tribal Matrix" (Dakini)

Full On - V.A - "The Sunday Morning (selected by Talamasca)" (?)

Dark - Datakult s. Baphomet Engine - "Psytrance Is Dead" (Nabi)

Proggi - V.A - "Lime Light 2" (Tribal Vision)

Goa - None coz all the neo goa sucks balls!

by genre:

Ambient - V.A - "Tribal Matrix" (Dakini)

Full On - V.A - "The Sunday Morning (selected by Talamasca)" (?)

Dark - Datakult s. Baphomet Engine - "Psytrance Is Dead" (Nabi)

Proggi - V.A - "Lime Light 2" (Tribal Vision)

Goa - None coz all the neo goa sucks balls!

Wow, J-man don't mess around. He got it all figured out already.

Quite an easy one for me.

Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home is number 1 this year no doubt

Principles of Flight - Night time Lullabies is #2

Then CBL - World of Sleepers

then Mood Deluxe - The Tangent Universe

#5 Kettel - My Dogan

This list might change though, POF & CBL are quite new and I haven't heard everything yet

We get to pick 5? Eeek. More decisions!

My number one choice is probably self evident, but after that the choices are quite difficult if only because I usually am about 9 months behind on most purchases. I tend to let everyone else fllter stuff for me and only buy the new stuff people are still talking about half a year later or so. OOOD will probably get a vote and my favorite compilation choice will probably be Elf Music's Far East Technology, although I might be accused of bias on that choice as well :ph34r: After that....... time for some review of this year's purchases I think.

my favorite compilation choice will probably be Elf Music's Far East Technology, although I might be accused of bias on that choice as well :ph34r: After that....... time for some review of this year's purchases I think.

This will probably be high in my compilation list too

I haven't heard it. I forgot to add it to my Saiko order. :(

It has fullon baselines :angry:

Nothing with fullon baselines can sound good :angry:

Even hallucinogen with that farking rooling baseline would be shit!!!

Actually this comp manages to show what fullon can be :wub:

Why biased? I see no Jikkenteki track in the tracklist.

The late Symphonics was a friend of mine (and un-late 11 as well) and its the first of Symphonics' many tracks to get a proper release so even if all the the other tracks sucked (which they don't) I'd probably still vote for it for sentimental reasons.... I mean I bought a copy of it even though I received a promo copy months ago after all. :P

The late Symphonics was a friend of mine (and un-late 11 as well) and its the first of Symphonics' many tracks to get a proper release so even if all the the other tracks sucked (which they don't) I'd probably still vote for it for sentimental reasons....

Oh dang. Sorry to hear that you lost a friend. :(

By all means, vote for whatever you want. Screw anyone claiming any bias.

I would hope we do not have to put up with any crap if we vote for OOOD or Jikkenteki, or ANY Suntrip release just because they frequent these forums.

It has fullon baselines :angry:

Nothing with fullon baselines can sound good :angry:

Even hallucinogen with that farking rooling baseline would be shit!!!

Actually this comp manages to show what fullon can be :wub:

I am always up for good music, regardless of fullon label. My moods swing so crazily nowadays that I need to keep all types of music handy, just to keep up.

The late Symphonics was a friend of mine (and un-late 11 as well) and its the first of Symphonics' many tracks to get a proper release so even if all the the other tracks sucked (which they don't) I'd probably still vote for it for sentimental reasons.... I mean I bought a copy of it even though I received a promo copy months ago after all. :P

But that space criminal track is Awesome! Anyone claiming bias (and who cares if they do) obviously hasn't heard that track. It's cool & hilarious at the same time :)

But that space criminal track is Awesome! Anyone claiming bias (and who cares if they do) obviously hasn't heard that track. It's cool & hilarious at the same time :)

Yeah, its a great track, although there are a mess of tracks I'd put before that when it comes to personal favorites in the Symphonics catalog. The big question is when will all those other tracks see the light of day? 11 is kind of unofficially in charge of taking care of that side of things and he's pretty busy with a new business at the moment. Not to mention a few tracks need to be seriously redone, for example the one that suddenly just drops into the entire chorus of John Lennon's "Imagine" out of nowhere before taking off into dark techy land :D:D:D

Yeah, its a great track, although there are a mess of tracks I'd put before that when it comes to personal favorites in the Symphonics catalog. The big question is when will all those other tracks see the light of day? 11 is kind of unofficially in charge of taking care of that side of things and he's pretty busy with a new business at the moment. Not to mention a few tracks need to be seriously redone, for example the one that suddenly just drops into the entire chorus of John Lennon's "Imagine" out of nowhere before taking off into dark techy land :D:D:D

Good luck releasing them!

Ganbatte ne!