Mixtapes...

NEMO.BOFH

I heard real tb303s in many tracks and heard may many samples of real tb303s so i can talk about that, i don´t mean the devlifish clone which is better than the original tb303 but i mean the software emulator phoscyon which sounds very good, way better than the audiorealism bassline, the guys of KVRaudio say it also. the phoscyon clone sounds very similar to the real one, i wouldn´t be able to differ it properly while the audiorealism is easier to differ. And the sample you linked me is just ridiculous, couldn´t you give me a link of a proper tb303 riff from your recordings, i am sure you have such but you give me this ridiculous sample with the ridiculous awful delay instead.

Posted Image

this is the software devilfish

640175[/snapback]

Its so redicolous that you cant tell me if its the real thing or not.... ;)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wrong, its audiorealism recorded to tape and back... now PWND! ;)

640211[/snapback]

this is unfair, you should have given me the clean file, not the file recorded to tape, than i would have guessed properly, and it sounds like you used some kind compressor to make the audiorealism sound harder, didn´t you?

I have the exact same loop, from a tb303 as well, but I will have to cut it up, since its a 700mb recording of the same sequence, just to show you the diffrence...

EDIT: ON second thought, Im not going to bother, I have far better things to do that play this game...

this is unfair, you should have given me the clean file, not the file recorded to tape, than i would have guessed properly, and it sounds like you used some kind compressor to make the audiorealism sound harder, didn´t you?

640212[/snapback]

Im just telling you here, that you dont have a clue my friend. And I am telling you that this to tape and back can give some pretty cool results... I see it as double pwnage! :D

who the fuck cares if analog is better than digital?

they're different. not better. different. so who said analog is better? and yes - i've heard both. the possibilites you can get with digital are so much larger than with analog. 101 or 303 sounds cool? so is z3ta or vanguard!

the so called "warmth" is actually the analog signal being not so stable in contrast to the early digital synths which were so limited which caused them to sound dead. but now the digital synths have so many options to make them warm - maybe it's not the instability but it's something else.

so stfu and make music instead of arguing which is better - digital or analog. :)

who the fuck cares if analog is better than digital?

they're different. not better. different. so who said analog is better? and yes - i've heard both. the possibilites you can get with digital are so much larger than with analog. 101 or 303 sounds cool? so is z3ta or vanguard!

the so called "warmth" is actually the analog signal being not so stable in contrast to the early digital synths which were so limited which caused them to sound dead. but now the digital synths have so many options to make them warm - maybe it's not the instability but it's something else.

so stfu and make music instead of arguing which is better - digital or analog. :)

640222[/snapback]

I never argued which one is better, I am saying there is diffrent approaches to music... diffrent ways of experimenting, and so on and so on. THere are certain things that you just CAN NOT achieve digitally, and somethings you just CANT achieve with analog devices..

really? because throughout the entire thread you are claiming you can do stuff with analog and not with digital, and not vice versa.

:P

640227[/snapback]

I am saying that there are somethings that you just can not achieve digitally... depending on what you want to achieve, i am not saying digital is worse than analog, so dont twist my arguments please.

just making note of what it seems that you are claiming.

not what you are actually claiming.

i think we both agree though that the bulgarian has to sit down :)

640231[/snapback]

:D

I am saying that there are somethings that you just can not achieve digitally... depending on what you want to achieve, i am not saying digital is worse than analog, so dont twist my arguments please.

640229[/snapback]

Are there things you can not achive analogically though?

I never argued which one is better, I am saying there is diffrent approaches to music... diffrent ways of experimenting, and so on and so on. THere are certain things that you just CAN NOT achieve digitally, and somethings you just CANT achieve with analog devices..

640224[/snapback]

For Time Trap

You cannot produce or hear a perfect square wave. No such thing in universe.

640251[/snapback]

but you can represent it digitally.

not my fault that amps and speakers are analog :P

So, I got some diffrent types of tapes now, and I will try them out later on tonight. I will also record one of my mix sets to tape and then back to wav and post it here. I will try to make it 320 CBR for best possible quality, but the mp3 is definetly going to make it sound diffrent.

Ill report back later with the result.

NOW: Going to bed for a while