what genre your selected track represents?

Oopie

Nice idea about this topic.. Gives a better insight about the music you listen to... I don't know 8 out of 10 tracks posted in the other topic, so here i can better tell if it's something for me :)

EDIT: :lol: Just realized this is a mammoth thread... Anyways, it deserves to be going again! People are just to lazy to wright here, so they quick post a name in the other topic... Shame on you people!!! :P

Post count is more important than actual conversation/information :ph34r:

I was listening to really summery music, as I played a couple of sets down at the beach.

My last one was

1. The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds (Live Mix)

a live mix of their classic, lovely warm dub feeling

2. Subgardens - Listen to the Flowers Grow (Aes Dana Remix)

more warm summery sounds and delicious beats that feel like they are moving sideways

3. Rena Jones - Driftwood

A warm watery track like looking out over the ocean

4. Vibrasphere - San Pedro

brilliant track with some spanish guitars and the most amazing melody towards the end

5. Shpongle - Crystal Skulls (Western Rebel Alliance Remix)

A remix that is better than the original, fast beats & warm guitars nicely used

6. Hallucinogen - L.S.D. World of Sheet Strings Mix

Another remix that's better than the original, fantastic beats & bass

7. Mood Deluxe - Tangent Universe

quick heavy beats & a cool donnie darko sample at the end

8. Nuclear Ramjet - Cloud Sailors

nice warm realxed proggy trance with a nice floating melody

9. OTT - Billy The Kid Strikes Back

OTT's best psy dub track, the change in melody at the end is great

10. Solar Fields - Small Little Green Cubes

everything Solar Fields does turns to gold, this relaxed electro-ish track is one of my favourites at the moment

11. The Orb - Appletree In My Backward (Abasio's Extended Mix)

sounds like little fluffy clouds yet even warmer, more summery & warmer

12. Abakus - Igamatik

from the most summery album I've ever heard

13. Nada - Earth Garden

great relaxed summer dub

14. Abakus - Nightwalker

another from the most summery album, great sample about not wanting to get hooked

15. Ulrich Schnauss - Nobody's Home

moving into IDM territory, this is beautiful melodious stuff with a nice driving synth

16. Secede - Leraine

warm & summery with a melancholic edge

17. Kettel - Twinkle Twinke

a track that really does twinkle. great kettel melodies & beats

18. Plaid - Rakimou

just got into plaid & loved this track from the not for threes album. Nice haunting vocals, cool broken beats

19. Kettel - Sekt I Sing

rounded off with another track from kettel with great beats & typical kettel melodies

Download link

got distracted partway through when some hottie started chatting & praising me (so I fucked up :lol:)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very good selection, I'd chill to that! B)

If you're into Plaid remember to check out "Ralome" (on Rest Proof Clockwork), "Coat" (on P-Brane Ep) and the remix of Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five's Scorpio (on Parts in the Post). They're my Plaid fav'es. :)

I'm list'n 2562 - Channel Two

This is where music is heading next I reckon - the fusion of dubstep and techno. This guy is brilliant. There's awesome reverb on synths making them slide, for that deeeep feel. If you like dubstep, techno or reggae (?) I think you ought to check this one out at youtube.

Cheers Oopie! I've really enjoyed not for threes & the tekkonkinkreet soundtrack so I should explore more. Here though cheap second hand plaid albums are rare. Too popular <_<

Now playing Where Does This Ocean Go? on the Stand Alone Complex OST a mix of IDM & pop

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment I'm listening to an ambient mix I just made 54 tracks but only 2 hours long. Everything is done very quick with only about 2 or 3 minutes from each track. Some lengthy tracks have only a few seconds in & then are replaced by something else. There are a few crappy mistakes but it's sounding okay so far :D

1. Cymphonic - Scimerian Silence

2. Sense Project - Cimbalan

3. Senzar - The Red Water

4. Robert Davies - Dragonfly Hollow

5. Mathias Grassow - & Thomas Weiss - In

6. Spielerei & Mantacoup - Pigs Bay

7. Krill.Minima - The Sea Horse & The Soft Coral

8. The Circular Ruins - Immer Du

9. Trentmoller - Moan

10. Spielerei & Mantacoup - Sfunato

11. Minilogue - Six Arms One Leg

12. Lammergeyer - Atonement

13. Kwook - Lorikeet

14. Mystery Of The Yeti - A Welcome To All Extra Terrestrials

15. Orbit Constructors - Abandoned Tombs

16. Vataff Project - Kalitz

17. Nostalgia - The Plain Of Silence

18. Atrium Carceri - Victim

19. David Bickley & Tom Green - The Great March

20. Spheroid - Imbedded Neptune

21. The Circular Ruins - Standing In Violent Golds

22. Kettel - A French Composer

23. Vudim Hondurenk - Smoking Zone I

24. Cymphonic - Submersion

25. Legiac - Elvers

26. Jason Corder & Opium - Fade To Rust

27. Secede - Hospital Requiem

28. Matt Hiller - Diving Into Sun

29. Gus Till - Amber

30. Matt Coldrick - Base Red Patience

31. Ishq - Arc

32. Rena Jones - Firefly

33. Solar Fields - Nea 3

34. Cyscape - Elumina

35. Off The Sky - Geist Taxi

36. Ian Ion - We Could Be Housewives

37. Robert Davies - Hidden Colors Radiance

38. Spielerei - Restplace

39. Mathias Grassgow & Jiri Mazanek - Inner Path Part II

40. Blamstrain - Frame Math

41. Atrium Carceri - Crusted Neon

42. The Circular Ruins - A Forgotten Divinity

43. Lull - Just Below Wixford

44. Svartling - Afraid Of Silence

45. Off The Sky - Lite Raining

46. Netherworld - Kall Part 3

47. Hallucinogen - The Herb Garden

48. Amir Baghiri & The Wee Bandits - Mystic Lights

49. Solar Fields - Air Song (8am Version)

50. H.U.V.A. Network - Access To Long Fields

51. Hybrid Leisureland - Strawberry Planetarium

52. Sync24 - Biota

53. The Circular Ruins - A Little Different From Reality

54. Pete Namlook & Mix Master Morris - Hymn

Being - Tide One To Three (21:53)

Where to start where to stop? I could start by saying I'd wish this track never to stop, lol. :) It's ambient of the highest caliber I've heard. The attention to detail is huge and to keep such coherence thruout 20 minutes is really a work of art. Taken from "Tides" album, I suggest you buy it if you see it.

• 1 month later...

Principles Of Flight - A Heavy Responsibility

A mix of Fullon and D&B with classical & dark ambient influences. An excellent track from an excellent album. The bassline may not be the most exciting & original ever used but the atmosphere is sublimely original (to me). It really gives the feel like I'm in the woods of some fairy tale, a dark one & I'm running from something. Excellent throughout.

• 3 months later...

James Murray - Gaijin

Well, I'm listening to it because it's a great track from a great album and it's a cool mix of styles between atmospheric ambient, modern classical and IDM :)

A nice fitting title too as it has a very alienated feel :ph34r:

• 2 months later...

Ott - A Shower Of Sparks

This is a dubby psychill track from the end of the album Skylon. It has nice chilled beats, warm melodies & not too intrusive melodies.

I'm listening to it (and the whole album) to try & see if there is still something left in Ott after the amazing Hallucinogen in Dub album. This is more in the vein of Blumekraft though and while not as good has it's moments & is good for specific moods, happy summer moods!

Infected Mushroom - Mushi Mushi (Void Rmx)

I know. Newb psyfag with mainstream filth, but whatever. I want more like this and fail hard at finding it. Halp :(

The bpm, psy-effects and hardcore-esque beat makes me happy when I game. And listening to this on repeat is getting old. The instrumental aspects don't appeal to me greatly, but aren't a turn off either. Is there some sort of genre that cleverly combines psy and hardcore/gabber? If so, that's what I'm looking for!

Infected Mushroom - Mushi Mushi (Void Rmx)

I know. Newb psyfag with mainstream filth, but whatever. I want more like this and fail hard at finding it. Halp :(

The bpm, psy-effects and hardcore-esque beat makes me happy when I game. And listening to this on repeat is getting old. The instrumental aspects don't appeal to me greatly, but aren't a turn off either. Is there some sort of genre that cleverly combines psy and hardcore/gabber? If so, that's what I'm looking for!

sounds like you might enjoy darkpsy. darkpsy`s typical elements are rolling bassline, lots of fx, usually quite non-melodic and runs in 150-180bpm territory.

some names/

penta

derango

osom

kindzadza

psykovsky

sounds like you might enjoy darkpsy. darkpsy`s typical elements are rolling bassline, lots of fx, usually quite non-melodic and runs in 150-180bpm territory.

some names/

penta

derango

osom

kindzadza

psykovsky

Is there a more melodic path than darkpsy? That still keeps the rolling bass and psy-fx? With less uh... 'darkness'? All the dark-psy seems rather dull and monotonous so far. Maybe I'm listening to the wrong artists, but they rarely seem to have a decent synth overlay and mostly overpower with that darkpsy bass roll from start to finish. =/ Maybe I should just stick to being gabberfag. :(

Is there a more melodic path than darkpsy? That still keeps the rolling bass and psy-fx? With less uh... 'darkness'? All the dark-psy seems rather dull and monotonous so far. Maybe I'm listening to the wrong artists, but they rarely seem to have a decent synth overlay and mostly overpower with that darkpsy bass roll from start to finish. =/ Maybe I should just stick to being gabberfag. :(

`Hate` would be too strong a word, but I`m with you - I dislike most darkpsy with passion. I listen to none of the examples I gave you myself, but thought it might fit you as you mentioned gabber. :rolleyes:

My personal favourite would be Tutankhamon 9000`s Lost In Luxor. It combines dark and melodic elements with a little suomisaundi touch, yet there`s intelligence to be found in the composition side.

oxezy is excellent. twisted and funny in a way with some darkness to it

http://www.myspace.com/darkoxezy

check out the artist M.M.C. and the albums Alice In Space and World`s ID. Google the keywords and you`ll find the goods.

another major artist is artifakt. his albums artifakts 2 and the magus are excellent. you can read a few reviews on this site too if you want to see impressions.

melodic full-on would be much harder genre me to introduce you.

here`s couple nice examples thou/

(old school as it should be :) )