Not that I hate these, just that I don't quite understand the mayhem:

Hallucinogen

Muses Rapt

IM

AP

Toi Doi

Double Dragon

Dark Soho

Talamasca (haven't heard the new one though)

But then again, there were several acts mentioned that I LOVE. To each his own. (The one I don't understand, however, is Mike D's Enlightened Ape. Mike - Listen to it again! Sheesh.) :) EA

Guest Planet JASE

For me:

Astral Projection - TIT, Dancing Galaxay, et al

Infected Mushroom - B.P. Empire, and some of Classical Mushroom

Wizzy Noise - Cybermancy (haven't touched it in ages... sigh)

There's probably more, I just can't think of them at the moment...

Later,

Planet JASE

Guest Hypocritical F*ck #2

Someone needed to break the ice, I suppose, since the rest of us were worried we'd upset your precarious and delicate AP-doinking disposition. :) EA

Guest bugbread

Atmos probably sits in that list, but since I haven't listened on a per-album basis, just random tracks here and there, I don't know if I dislike their killer album or just all the other stuff.

As for stuff I know: IM - BP Empire. Classical was so good, but BP Empire is so..forgettable.

This is actually a pretty interesting thread.

Guest Astral Revenge

AP produced classic albums but there is one problem .....big problem.... THEY CHEAAAAAAAAT!!!!!

GREECE Summer 2001

Astral Projection are going to play live(LIVE P.A. says the flyer) in U-Matic Club(ergostasio) buuuut... instead of that they play Just with a pair of minidiscs !!!! In Every organizer i made this question(i tried to speak with Avi too): Are AP playing live now or just mixing their tunes??? they said the following to me:Yes they play LIVE, it is a live performance !! - all of them- I dont know what the @!#$ they had taken everybody in that party but that wasnt a live performance at all .. And what was the worst of all this .... AP were trying to create a show by jumping and moving and playing with mixer's switches, So if they think that we are so stupid and we cant distinguish a mixer or minidisc from a synth and sequencer then it is better not to come again HERE!!!!!!!!! @!#$ YOU AP! @!#$ YOU Funky Bee(the organizers)! @!#$ YOU ALL !!!!!!!!

Shpongle - The tales of the inexpressible

Infected Mushroom - The Gathering

Protex Midget, you're wrong about this:

"Shpongle is something you either conpletely love or completely hate..........."

I don't feel like I either hate or love Shpongle. I just think that their new album is kinda avarage..

Guest Setsuko

'tales of the inexpressible' - how can you hate this ? this is an amazing sound orgasm IMO ... are your sure you didn't download 'tales... ' at 128kbps or less ...

because otherwise i don't understand peoples choice , so tell me Soem Aeld , what DO you like as one of the 'killar' albums.

There's not much stuff I don't like from 'the killer-albums' exept for:

GMS - The Growly Family & GMS vs. Systembusters

=> they are so predictable and have sukkie melodies...

Juno Reactor - heard 4 albs...don't really like it...

after reading all that , i'm wondering how old are the people in this forum ??

When i read somebody like Phaedrus saying that juno are not psy trance and mediocre ?? or somebody else about Kox box ??

Mate you're talking about psy trance pionners , they 've been here since the beginning , i mean if one dj knows his music what better choice than frank'e or mike...

Where were you in 1992/93 when They started everything , probably still playing with your Lego... so to all the juniors in this forum : learn your music and after we can discuss seriously...

For sure age doesn't matter but to criticise something you must know about it and i don't think somebody whose been in the scene for years would say that juno reactor are mediocre.

Guest Trancer

For me:

Atmos

Psy sex new CD (the rest of the tracks kicks ass, specially the old)

Infected Mushroom - The gathering and the CM..its okay, but not that good (but i do live PSYCHO!)

Shpongle and hallucinogen..not my ind of @!#$...

JUno reactor, same here...

Kox Box are good but not that good....

And the worst of them all..Son kite (bläääääääääääää) and midimilez nad Spirilanze (don't know how to spell it)...

But hey this is just me.....

Guest space^madness

is it only me that doesn't dislike any of those "killer-albums" ? there are some of the albums i don't like too much (eg. bp empire, nitrox), but still, i listen to it once in a while.

Guest Phaedrus

sat -

Juno Reactor - Beyond the Infinite was the first album listed on this site that I owned... It did not make me obsessed with psy trance though... That did not happen until I heard some very old school sounding uplifting goa (Hallucinogen, MWNN, Total Eclipse, etc)...

It should not matter how long a group has been around when considering if you like them or not. I respect Juno Reactor, sure, but FOR ME they just don't think that they cut the mustard when compared to a lot of other "killer albums." If tenure was the only criteria that determined if a group was good or not, then we should all think that Kraftwerk makes the best music in the history of electronic music, and nothing produced after 1997 should be listened to... OK, so I am exaggerating a bit for effect, but you get the point.

I wanted to add a couple more albums to my list:

Celtic Cross - Hicksville

Shpongle - Tales Of The Inexpressible

And yes, I respect Simon Posford, and love most of his other work.

Cheers,

Bill

P.S. - I am 25.