what's your worst "killer-album"??

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Setsuko

chill Soem Aeld...

didn't want to attack you in person, it was just a question and there is still no answer...

i mean... i've got notion for your taste but i just can't accept it... i need better explanation , that's all...

don't get too angry now :)

...my head feels like a ffffffrrrrriiiiissssbbbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeee..............

I think Dark Soho - Sun Spot is AWESOME.. Howcome you don't like it? (the re-mastered version is still not very good mastered, but the music is SO nice!)

Only reason I can see if you DONT like Sun Spot is that you dont like guitars and you dont like dark/gothic/industry type of psychedelia...

Setsuko , sorry.. ooh I think I understand the question now .. :)

I can't understand people who hate the new Shpongle either.. I think it's very well produced and have good ideas, but it's just not really good music.

an other "killer" album I didn't like

Ooze - Where the fields never end

To answer your question Pswede, I don't like Dark Soho because to me they try way to hard to sound dark and gothic (like many other acts in our genre), as if their personal "voice" wants to create something else. You know? I think artists need to follow their voice instead of trying to manufacture a different voice for whatever reason, because then it's not genuine and not from the heart - where real depth comes from. When I hear *real* darkness in music, I know it's real because I can feel it. :) EA

Guest bugbread

Ummm...Someone mentioned that you have to know about a subject to have an opinion (that counts). Balderdash. We're talking about likes and dislikes. If I have to know about something intimately to say whether I like or dislike it, then I can't have favorite foods, because I can't cook, favorite paintings, because I don't have a well versed knowledge of art history, favorite colors, because I don't know their spectral composition... It's just silly. To say something is "easy" or "hard", "important" or "unimportant", yes, this takes knowledge. But likes and dislikes should not and cannot be held to the same standards or everything grinds to a halt.

Guest Elysium Project

I think this post is plain stupid......what's the point in 60 post stating "I don't like"....and then we also see people argue over other people's opinions....so unmature.

the post itself about worst killer album is a good topic, or at least one that interests me but i agree about the argueing, it's really pointless.

Guest asshopper

hey, Elysium Project, no offence, but you always sound like a police man on this forum... youre always telling people what is right or wrong, guess you have square personality... dont be mad.

Guest Bugbread

Well, I actually really liked this topic (until the latter half). Yeah, we just talked about what albums we didn't like, but it was interesting to hear about albums that supposedly everybody likes, and yet people were confessing dislike of. It was also neat to see what kinds of combinations there were. "Huh, people who disliked BP Empire also tended to dislike blah-blah-blah". This is a frequent post in other threads (along the lines of "dammit I hate IM"), but the way it was presented here ("dammit, I love IM, but I don't get this album") was a lot more interesting. Ah well, fun while it lasted.

Dark Soho - Sun Spot is VERY genuine and very "true" dark.. Can you name ONE other group that makes that kind of music? (real gothic psytrance)...

Like a mix between Hux Flux and Four Carry Nuts ;)

I like it alot.

Guest AtomicCow

Liquid on Tribe-adelic records. Was hyped everywhere but when I got it I thought it was kinda boring except for 2 tracks. I will trade it for something...make me an offer. (I'll take the Delta's latest from anyone who wants to get rid of it in exchange for it)

As for Family of Light...I just got this recently and this was one of the best cd's i have ever had the fortune to buy. I loved it immediately unlike most of the stuff where I have to listen 10 times to start to like it. And every track is great. I just can't take it when Etnica/Pleiadians get slated.