I have a BIG problem in FL6 :-(

I dont know, I have P4 3G, Soundblaster live!, 1G of RAM and with that ASIO4ALL drivers I can get 7 ms latency, 30% CPU usage, 30% RAM usage.. Maybe little lower with more tweaking.. I didnt tried that kx yet.. But Im not using FL, only Cubase rewired with Reason and with 6 VSTs.. I didnt tested how much VSTs it can take at the same time still but the results with the latency are stuning.. You musta messed something up badly.. Did u changed the drive? I had big problems before with my smaller hard drive almost full.. Now Im using 250G drive and its 90% free with all programs on it..

I dont know, I have P4 3G, Soundblaster live!, 1G of RAM and with that ASIO4ALL drivers I can get 7 ms latency, 30% CPU usage, 30% RAM usage.. Maybe little lower with more tweaking.. I didnt tried that kx yet.. But Im not using FL, only Cubase rewired with Reason and with 6 VSTs.. I didnt tested how much VSTs it can take at the same time still but the results with the latency are stuning.. You musta messed something up badly.. Did u changed the drive? I had big problems before with my smaller hard drive almost full.. Now Im using 250G drive and its 90% free with all programs on it..

601219[/snapback]

you think it could be the drive? i have an 80GB with 12Gb free.is not much.

Ā 

for the moment i have only 3 different vst's in the track.of course some vst's are used more than one time.

an update in this catastrophic situation

Ā 

i have discovered that if i lower the sample rate(Hz) from 44100hz to 22050hz the cracking stops,but the sound is bleurk... ;):(

Ā 

if i put higher rates,the cracking and popping gets worse. <_<:(

Ā 

and dont think i am using a whole shitload of vst's. 3 or 4 vst's and the stuff is all over the place.

Ā 

WTF??? :angry::angry::angry::(:(<_<<_<

Ā 

READY TO KILL FRUITY LOOPS

ok my friend, to make sure this is a fruity only prob, i suggest you to install a demo of another sequenzer. try ableton live demo :P

could be your version is somehow fucked.

you can also call fruity support, why not?

Ā 

if its still the shit, i tend to say your soundcard suxx.

Ā 

Ā 

:)

you think it could be the drive? i have an 80GB with 12Gb free.is not much.

Ā 

for the moment i have only 3 different vst's in the track.of course some vst's are used more than one time.

601261[/snapback]

Yeah its probably the drive.. U dont have to buy new one, just free some space on that u have.. I used 30 Gb drive before but when it was half full it was big problem.. U should have at least 2/3 of the drive free.. Back up your data and free some space. defragment drive after that..

ok my friend, to make sure this is a fruity only prob, i suggest you to install a demo of another sequenzer. try ableton live demo :P

could be your version is somehow fucked.

you can also call fruity support, why not?

Ā 

if its still the shit, i tend to say your soundcard suxx.

:)

601606[/snapback]

ok i will try that if everything else fails. ;):ph34r:

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah its probably the drive.. U dont have to buy new one, just free some space on that u have.. I used 30 Gb drive before but when it was half full it was big problem.. U should have at least 2/3 of the drive free.. Back up your data and free some space. defragment drive after that..

601610[/snapback]

hhmm,am gonna try this.

btw you have the same soundcard as i do right? no problems when you use multiple vsts? :unsure:

Ā 

i have 3gb left 0f 136gb and it works :)Ā  :P

601619[/snapback]

oh shit.... :(

maybe ou just need to boost your buffer length..

Ā 

or is that not the problem?

604063[/snapback]

no its (sadly) not that simple. i tried min and max buffer length(300ms and more) but its still the same.i can hear some tiny improvement when increasing the buffer,but it doesnt fix things.

Ā 

i am in the process of emptying the hard drive and see if that can help.

i have 3gb left 0f 136gb and it works :)Ā  :P

601619[/snapback]

Yeah but what is your processor and RAM?

And why do u have exactly 136 GB, what kind of hard is that?

I bet your mainboard doesn support drives more than 136 GB like mine was..

Ā 

hhmm,am gonna try this.

btw you have the same soundcard as i do right? no problems when you use multiple vsts? :unsure:

601656[/snapback]

Yep I have the same soundcard and with half of hard disk full I could play max 4 VSTs and that was with hard tweaking and compensation..

Now I have biger hard, new CPU and RAm as u already know and I can do whatever I wont :D

Ā 

i am inĀ  the process of emptying the hard drive and see if that can help.

604071[/snapback]

Hope u solve this up, cant wait for the resuts.. If it fails then it will be mess, I dont know what to say else.. U tried the drivers and all and nothing works..

• 2 months later...

Ok so here is the problem:

Ā 

When i use more than one plugin(,not only downloaded VSTs though, sytrus and wasp that come with FL react in the same way)Ā  clicks and cracks appear.

Ā 

At first it was only a mild annoyance,but now,combining sytrus and another VST (Syntar)that i dl,it has become terrible. I can no longer hear what i am making,its drowned in glitches and pops!Its inaudible!! :(Ā  :(Ā  :(Ā  :angry:

Ā 

When i export the file though,as an MP3 or a WAV file,the sound is crystal clear. :huh: So it has something to do with FL

Ā 

My cpu usage varies,sometimes its very low or very high,but the annoying sounds are allways present.so i dont think its a cpu problem.

Ā 

My RAM is 1gb,so i rule this out .

Ā 

My soundcard is a Creative SB Live! that came with the pc.(on demand though)

Can it be my soundcard? Am confused cause if the problem was my soundcard,the glitches would appear ALSO when i exported the file.WTF!

Ā 

can someone PLEASE help!! I need to make music,am addicted to it,its my fix!!! :(

Ā 

i hope that its not my soundcard,as i just spent my last money on books,and i am flat broke. :(

Ā 

HELP!!!! :(

597887[/snapback]

maybe thats related when u get a cracked version ... ;)

Increasing Buffer to maximum could be one kind of solution. but it some times is a cause of low CPU on your computer. thats basicly it. also try not to fill it up with effects (delays,copressors etc). and if u have to do that try not to have them all activated in the same time. only when u need to export your track.

By the way how many cpu do u use? i hae an

AMD Athlon 64 Processor

3200+

2.00GHz,512 MB Ram

And i use 5-7 plugins such us Pro 53,Hypersonic,Vanguad,Sytrus,SW Performer & Trance,MinimogueVA,Ozone3,ARP2600 V & V efx,and more.

Most of them in one track and still run pretty much ok..