The first completed track by me (Solar Storm)

Hi guys! I have finally completed my very first track.(apart from a 2min thingie that i had made a long time ago with FL6 demo version,where you cant save)

Anw the track took me about 3 months. I didnt work every day on it,sometimes i took 3weeks + breaks,so 3 months is the gross time that it took me,

I used a lot of acid and acid like effects also some organic sounding fx,so be prepared to be acidized :P

It is made purely on Fruity Loops,that means no VST or anything,just what FL6 has to offer. Of course A LOT of knob tweaking is included to what FL6 has to offer ;)

Be advised that this is my first attempt to produce something,i have no experience AT ALL in electronic music creation,my only connection with the creative department of music is playing the drums,which i havent touched for over 2 years.

I know very close to nothing on notes etc(do,re,mi,fa,sol,la,si,do is the only thing i know :P,but i cant recognise them on a keyboard :ph34r: )so please forgive any mistakes or lacks in that aspect.(but do point them out!)

My sound card is an old creative SB Live! which is pretty much useless for this kind of usage. :(

Anw all comments are welcome and crucial for me,i want you to be honest and tell what you liked and disliked on this track,it will help me evolve in something better!

Dont just say "It sucks" say WHY it sucks!. ;)

here is the link: Solar Storm - Out of Darkness (The Road to Guantanamo)

Thanks!!!! :)

EDIT: Please listen to the whole track ,as it keeps changing,so if you are bored with the beggining,maybe you will fall in love with the end or the middle ;):)

want to contact anylabel :lol::lol::lol:

To be honest, it sucks!

The buildup sounds wrong, the instruments fail in timing and in adding anything like depth or so, boring random effects and it sounds more like a gathering of random sounds then actually a (sort of) cohesive song.

Sorry to be so blunt but you really lack any production skills at the moment.

To be honest, it sucks!

The buildup sounds wrong, the instruments fail in timing and in adding anything like depth or so, boring random effects and it sounds more like a gathering of random sounds then actually a (sort of) cohesive song.

Sorry to be so blunt but you really lack any production skills at the moment.

594245[/snapback]

I reported this :angry:

:P:P:P;)

Ok so which build up? the one at the end? I find that i maybe used a bit too much snares so you can be right its a bit harsh on the ears.

The instruments=> snares,claps,and kicks?

Well for the snares,i pretty much agree,they sort of pop up and catch you by surprise,so maybe thats what you didnt like?

as for the clapping ,what bothers me is that i was to late to add it,so its like an "intruder" but didnt have the balls to add clapping to the whle track,so here it is.

the kick is lame,but hey,it was the very first thing that i put in there,so its noobines is of the higher standards ;):(

Some of the melodies are well timed though,no? :unsure:

thanks for the comments btw,most of people wouldnt even bother to comment if they didnt like it!!!

thanks mate,i will take in deep consideration you remarks! :)

It's not bad for a first track.

keep on practicing and download some VST's

(vangaurd, albino)

594248[/snapback]

thanks!!!

i will surely dl some now that i finished it! I didnt want to use any on y first track,dont know why :huh::unsure:

which ones do you reccomend? i have no idea what/where to look for!

WTF just happned?

i just posted here about this track, and suddenly its gone? WTF?

Anyway, not bad for a first track!

But it isnt that good, the kick annoyd me and the structure...anyway keep up the work m8! =) Got some cool sounds there!

594378[/snapback]

you replied on the clone of this topic,on the music promotion forum. i will answer you there!!! :)

thanks!!!

594382[/snapback]

Vanguard, Albino, Z3ta, muon tau, vb-1

but you also find lots of good free vst here: http://www.kvraudio.com/allpluginsononepage.php

and download kjaehus classic series (free), best free effects, better then many you pay for.

http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/classic-series.php

then learn about compression and eqing.

but be sure to download Drumatic vst... you find on kvr, if not pm me i send it to you.

it has awesome kicks, really awesome

thanks!!!

i will surely dl some now that i finished it! I didnt want to use any on y first track,dont know why 

594382[/snapback]

The easiest VST is Vanguard.

First learn to work with vangaurd and it will be easier to understand other VST's later on. + vanguard is used alot in goatrance & psytrance. Could be most popular VST, just geussing.

The korg VST's are good too. legacycell kicks ass.

novation V-station & bass-station

albino3, but it takes a while before you get something decent out of it that's not a preset. :P

hey thanks for the VST recomendation guys!!! :)

i dl some,and i can say that i like the korg polysix A LOT!!!

maybe its the interface,its like a real synth!(which makes my craving for hardware even worse! :( )

Snowball, nice Fl effects but some essential parts are missing :( ,

like bassline, some pads..

For bassline go to "Is it possible to make psy trance with FL6",

read all, maybe you can get something from there.

And as it was said b4, get some VSTs, cause they are essential

(btw you have a thread here "top free VSTs", so try them out!).

Keep trying and in some time you'll get it, but don't give up!!!

Cheers! :)